Jump to content
502 Downtowner

TTC Delays and Disruptions

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Kelvin3157 said:

Sadly, we're still waiting on when platform screen doors become a reality to prevent these unfortunate events

I think the TTC & emergency services should use this incident as part of public awareness, since it wasn't a suicide attempt.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, MK78 said:

I think the TTC & emergency services should use this incident as part of public awareness, since it wasn't a suicide attempt.

 

Maybe a "drop something on the tracks, tell the collector" ad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Kelvin3157 said:

Maybe a "drop something on the tracks, tell the collector" ad

yeah with a blurred out picture of this guy stuck. Would send a message IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MK78 said:

I think the TTC & emergency services should use this incident as part of public awareness, since it wasn't a suicide attempt.

 

Well, you can't describe the situation in public awareness without getting backlashes. 

He doesn't die that moment doesn't mean he won't a week later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Well, you can't describe the situation in public awareness without getting backlashes. 

He doesn't die that moment doesn't mean he won't a week later.

He would have slipped into unconsciousness and bled out internally seconds after the airbags released him. It’s actually the tourniquet effect keeping him alive in the video. It’s heartbreaking because there’s nothing else to be done. His death was inevitable.

There’s only enough time to get ahold of his family and loved ones to say goodbye. It’s truly awful.

  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

He would have slipped into unconsciousness and bled out internally seconds after the airbags released him. It’s actually the tourniquet effect keeping him alive in the video. It’s heartbreaking because there’s nothing else to be done. His death was inevitable.

There’s only enough time to get ahold of his family and loved ones to say goodbye. It’s truly awful.

Was it posted somewhere that he died in the hospital? When EMS was transporting him his vitals were stable at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s amazing how delicate internal organs really are. That gap is only four inches at most....he would have been spun around like a rag doll through a wringer. 

I can’t concieve of anybody making it out of that alive. Not possible.

There’s an old shock video around that shows another incident from india in real time....google “man caught between train and platform”....I warn you now though, it’s not safe for work, home or anyone else who still holds on to any vestige of human empathy. It’s really difficult to watch.

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, H4 5600 said:

P1 at dundas west station. No line 2 service between jane and ossington.

This happened on run 207 eastbound.

The delay on Line 2 cleared around 12:45; however, a trespasser at track level around Queens Park caused a service suspension on Line 1 between 1:00 and 1:20, with trains turning back at Union and Spadina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

No subway service between Bloor and Eglinton. You can figure out why. 

What's messed up it was the same kind of situation as 10 days ago at Lawrence West. Unreal for two such unusual incidents to happen so close apart, both on Line 1. I wonder if the TR front design is somehow contributing.

Apparently this individual was crossing from one platform to the other, over the tracks and didn't make it. Unbelievable.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was an incident earlier this evening on Line 1 south of Museum station, with train doors open in tunnel. No injuries thankfully.

It still sort of baffles me how such things can happen, especially on the TTC's newest subway fleet. Aren't there multiple levels of safety systems to prevent such issues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flexity #4460 will be out of commission for a while. It was involved in a collision with an auto at St. Clair & Alberta just before 4 PM this afternoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were apparently signal issues this afternoon on Line 2 between Warden and Kennedy. The train I was on took about 20 minutes to travel between the two stations. Anyone know more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blue.bird.fan said:

The 501's been replaced by buses between Woodbine Loop and Neville Park Loop due to police activity for a few hours.

Yep there was a shooting at Queen and Woodbine two people shot, one shot twice, the other SEVEN times!!! Both were transported with stable vitals according to EMS radio at the time.

  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Restricted speed zone in effect NB Union to King, crippling Line 1 rush hour service up to SB St. Clair West, sometimes beyond.  Backed up trains crawling and stopping at almost every signal...

Supposedly awaiting rail replacement along the curve.

But on Wednesday AM there was also a "track problem" SB between Queen and King (I believe) creating a restricted speed zone there too, probably not related.

Also even before the Union-King slow order, SB between Dupont and Spadina there seems to be a restricted speed zone north of the crossover which backed trains up to St. Clair West too, and still appears to be in effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, 63 Ossington said:

Restricted speed zone in effect NB Union to King, crippling Line 1 rush hour service up to SB St. Clair West, sometimes beyond.  Backed up trains crawling and stopping at almost every signal...

Supposedly awaiting rail replacement along the curve.

But on Wednesday AM there was also a "track problem" SB between Queen and King (I believe) creating a restricted speed zone there too, probably not related.

Also even before the Union-King slow order, SB between Dupont and Spadina there seems to be a restricted speed zone north of the crossover which backed trains up to St. Clair West too, and still appears to be in effect.

I wonder if it would be faster to take the Yonge Line and a bus over back to the other subway line.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A girl got her leg stuck between the gap of the train today on Line 2 Platform at Spadina. Thus the reason for shuttles from St George to Ossington earlier 

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dowlingm said:

Any update on the Line 1 King speed restrictions?

And the trains are still 30km/h over the Victoria Park open cut... I've yet to see any official announcement on why this is happening, but it's been going on since October.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MK78 said:

And the trains are still 30km/h over the Victoria Park open cut... I've yet to see any official announcement on why this is happening, but it's been going on since October.

The white board at Kennedy said something about it the other day 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×