TTC Delays and Disruptions

Scarborough RT has been down all day due to signal issues, but they are trying to bring it back up. Plan is to run ghost trains without opening doors to see if the signals will hold.

This thing can't be put out to pasture soon enough.

41 minutes ago, MK78 said:

Scarborough RT has been down all day due to signal issues, but they are trying to bring it back up. Plan is to run ghost trains without opening doors to see if the signals will hold.

This thing can't be put out to pasture soon enough.

I’m impressed by how quickly signs were printed at the RT stations and how efficiently the shuttle buses were deployed.

Is there some sort of contingency plan in case of a catastrophic failure like this?

2 hours ago, blue.bird.fan said:

I’m impressed by how quickly signs were printed at the RT stations and how efficiently the shuttle buses were deployed.

Is there some sort of contingency plan in case of a catastrophic failure like this?

Oh I'm pretty sure they have signs already stashed in maintenance rooms. Multiple-hour service interruptions are commonplace.

Contingency? Nope, just wait it out with shuttle buses. Not sure if you remember it was down for an entire week after the epic snowstorm this past winter.

I hope they can agree on the intermediate plan sooner than later, to demolish the kennedy to ellesmere tracks and use that for shuttle buses until the scarborough subway extension is done.

21 hours ago, blue.bird.fan said:

The difference today is that shuttle buses are entering the Lawrence East Station bus terminal and operating via Kennedy to Eglinton Station instead of just stopping along Midland.

Isnt that how it always is? One thing for sure, that adds a crapload of extra time.

They TTC really doesn't know how to run shuttles. They should really run one local shuttle for all the confused riders or those needing the stations between Kennedy and STC. They should also operate the 903 express shuttle along Brimley for all the riders heading to/from STC. There is a stop on Lawrence for those who needs it. 

I would assume there would be a crap load of angry but confused riders stuck at Lawrence East if the shuttle didn't actually serve the station. Don't expect the bus operators to make announcements on Line 3 conditions. Also didn't TTC promise the VISION system is suppose to help improve communication as they can broadcast issues directly to the bus and possibly directly onto the bus PA speakers?

13 hours ago, Kelvin3157 said:

Usually the shuttle stops are on street along Midland, not going within Lawrence East or Ellesmere through the service roads

Is this a change since covid? I've taken the SRT shuttle many times over the years before covid, and they alwasy went thru the Lawrence SRT station.

I've taken the SRT much less frequently since covid began, so i haven't been caught in a shuttle situation.

11 hours ago, MK78 said:

Is this a change since covid? I've taken the SRT shuttle many times over the years before covid, and they alwasy went thru the Lawrence SRT station.

I've taken the SRT much less frequently since covid began, so i haven't been caught in a shuttle situation.

Depends on the type of shuttle or how busy it is. If it is a emergency shuttle or if there is high volume, it would be on street stops.

16 hours ago, Kelvin3157 said:

Depends on the type of shuttle or how busy it is. If it is a emergency shuttle or if there is high volume, it would be on street stops.

The first day of the closure, they were stopping at Midland and Lawrence. Only on the second day did they enter Lawrence East and operate via Kennedy to Eglinton.

Something I noticed the other day is that the subway operation is now making announcements about delays. 

"We are currently waiting for the train ahead to clear the station and we should be able to proceed shortly". 

"There is congestion ahead, once the signal changes we will be on our way. There are longer travel times to Finch.".

For years I have been asking them to do this. Seems like they finally decided to implement it. Or could be a one off. 

29 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Something I noticed the other day is that the subway operation is now making announcements about delays. 

"We are currently waiting for the train ahead to clear the station and we should be able to proceed shortly". 

"There is congestion ahead, once the signal changes we will be on our way. There are longer travel times to Finch.".

For years I have been asking them to do this. Seems like they finally decided to implement it. Or could be a one off. 

It looks like a one-off. Line 1 is often very slow in sections like Sheppard West to Wilson or Spadina to St. George, and never are any announcements made about it. I wonder if the ATC is glitching out?

On the other hand, when a crew change occurred at Coxwell, an announcement was made about it.

2 hours ago, blue.bird.fan said:

It looks like a one-off. Line 1 is often very slow in sections like Sheppard West to Wilson or Spadina to St. George, and never are any announcements made about it. I wonder if the ATC is glitching out?

On the other hand, when a crew change occurred at Coxwell, an announcement was made about it.

Do you know if any of those are permanent slow orders?

3 hours ago, blue.bird.fan said:

Sheppard West to Wilson is a slow zone.

Sometimes announcements are made SB between Rosedale and Bloor-Yonge for that slow zone

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, MK78 said:

Just heard on the TTC radio that Vision is down, so surface level vehicle tracking is down as well, meaning all the apps don't work neither do the vehicle arrival screens.

Tracking was down for sometime yesterday afternoon too. This is happening way too often.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There was a P1 late on Tuesday night at St. George station. Trains on the University-Spadina line were not stopping at St. George while Bloor-Danforth was suspended between Ossington and Broadview initially, and later only bypassed St. George.

In this case, how would the crew change from one-person to two-person at St. George be handled, as the station is no longer available?