TTC Delays and Disruptions

This is not a matter for courts, this goes to the Ministry of Labour (which certainly has many sanctions available to it if it is displeased with how things are going).

To have a cogent discussion, we would have to discuss whether it was indeed a refusal to work in unsafe conditions as per OHSA, what happened when the MOL and the various worker and management JHSC members met, and what was the outcome.

Of course I know nothing about this, not being a TTC operator. But it's apparent that those who know aren't saying, and those who don't know are saying rubbish.

Babbling about this immediately going to the courts is just asinine.

Although I am pretty much done with this "discussion", I will point out that TTC operators who willingly go out are putting themselves at risk. We know that TTC employees get assaulted on the job. And some of those stay off work and rely on WSIB. I would not want to be in the shoes of someone in this situation. The WSIB will ask "did you go out with all the proper safety protocols in place?" Replying "Umm, no, 'lip' told me everything was fine" won't do much for their claim....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MK78 said:

They really need to bring the service alerts. The website is like completely dormant not updated at all. Got stuck in subway turnback hell last week, had I known I would have taken a different route.

They lost the ability to edit the website with the ransomware attack.

But service alerts are still on Twitter at https://twitter.com/TTCnotices and also in the NextBus feed.

8 hours ago, nfitz said:

They lost the ability to edit the website with the ransomware attack.

But service alerts are still on Twitter at https://twitter.com/TTCnotices and also in the NextBus feed.

Heck even the Twitter Service Alerts havent been great lately either. Last week the Bloor-Danforth Line was out mid-afternoon between Old Mill and Keele because of an emergency alarm, and they claimed shuttle buses were dispatched. I checked the Twitter feed and there was absolutely 0 info about the service suspension 30 mins after the fact (despite the fact the subway still wasnt running, and shuttle buses were no where in sight).

I ended up taking a complete detour with the 77 and 80 buses.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MK78 said:

Looks like the Service Alerts have returned on the TTC website.

Last updated: Nov 12, 9:11 PM

41 Detour via Weston Rd and Rogers Rd due to a collision.

168 Detour via Townsley St due to a collision.

They started tweeting service alerts since yesterday morning (Nov 11)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MK78 said:

It appears that a group of unvaccinated TTC employees are engaging in a moving protest in the east end marching from subway stations, disrupting service, I think currently at Broadview.

No better way to convince the city that they're essential to the running of the system.

Probably the same people who left the terminus together with their leaders and caused 40 minute gaps on the Dufferin bus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, raptorjays said:

Line 2 (Bloor-Danforth) is a gong show tonight… There were no service between Keele and Woodbine at one point because of multiple incidents

i was stuck at Bathurst for 25 min…. Was tryna go home early and the TTC ruined it

You mean the individual who decided to end their life at Yonge street ruined it.

• Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

I'm horrified that people blame the TTC for this. What are they supposed to do, just keep on running trains over the person?

Initial media reports were that they may have been pushed, and were still alive. I'm assuming that I can't find anything now, suggests that they weren't pushed. Is there an update on their health?

14 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

You mean the individual who decided to end their life at Yonge street ruined it.

From what I heard on TTC radio the person was pushed. Thankfully they were uninjured, despite "being dragged a bit by the train", according to what I heard on the TTC radio.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

There were multiple issues with the B-D line yesterday evening, not just the Yonge incident. Signal problems were causing trains to crawl eastbound between Bay and Donlands; trains would proceed, stop at a station and wait for 5 mins, before performing the same routine all the way through to Donlands. Then that was followed up with a fire incident at Victoria Park which caused a service suspension between Woodbine and Kennedy.

All this compounded by the fact that dummy Leary decided to hack service to every 8 mins in the evening (where conveniently all these incidents were taking place) caused it to look like trains were packed like it was rush hour.

9 hours ago, MK78 said:

From what I heard on TTC radio the person was pushed. Thankfully they were uninjured, despite "being dragged a bit by the train", according to what I heard on the TTC radio.

That might have been reported, but there is zero coverage in the media. If they'd have been pushed, there would be a lot of coverage.

I dont know exactly where to comment this so lemme know if this isn't the place. Earlier today i saw 5 buses all heading north on Jane bunched up together. It was a 35A, two 35B's, a 935 Express and another 35A. None of those buses at the time they passed Trethewey were short turning. I can't get over that. I understand if it was one A, one B and the express but 2 A's, 2 B's and the express all together is insane! Im willing to bet the gap southbound was enormous!