TTC Delays and Disruptions

I’ll be glad when channel one gets encrypted, so I don’t have to read about a mentally ill person’s final moments of pain in gory detail.

2 hours ago, MK78 said:

Update: Female victim, Code 5 (death), reports to have been cut in half by the train. No camera coverage of the incident whether it was intentional act or not. Yikes.

To who’s benefit -exactly, is this information for?

• Thanks 5

raptors celebration delays/disruptions:

-routes 6, 75, 97, and 505 are  completely suspended.

-504 suspended between bathurst and church.

-501 suspended between victoria and mccaul.

-routes 72 and 121 have major detours.

-routes 34, 51, 54, 56 are detouring both ways via redpath, soudan, and berwick, and are entering/leaving eglinton station onto berwick.

-Line 1 trains are not stopping at dundas station

12 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

I’ll be glad when channel one gets encrypted, so I don’t have to read about a mentally ill person’s final moments of pain in gory detail.

Ok, I may have overdone it with the details, but I think its important if even one person reads such a thread and it changes their mind, especially that many times the suicide attempt is not successful, at least not initially at the point of the incident, and the victims are rescued alive and taken to hospitals.

I've heard over a hundred of these incidents over the years on the scanner, and I would estimate that ~30% are not successful.

However if people don't want these updates posted (with out the gory details), I will stop.

15 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

You'd be amazed at the excitement P1s get. That's probably the number one question I get

• 4 weeks later...

Strange sequence of events right now; a fire investigation suspended the BD between Islington and Ossington 20 mins ago, clear within 3 minutes according to delay notice timestamps. Then 3 minutes later a power failure occurs Islington to Ossington, reported to be unknown cause. Delay is ongoing.

EDIT: Clear again as of 7:09 PM...

• 2 weeks later...

No service on the Scarborough RT due to a fire under a train at Kennedy. Unit 3006 is involved, or under it. They are trying to move it to the tail track but upon restoring power the smoke re-appeared.

They were able to limp the train to the McCowan car house. Cause of the smoke was apparently a hydraulic leak from car 3006.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Around 9:30 this morning, something caused service on Lake Shore to be turned back at Kipling loop. West of there were a number of streetcars, all with their poles pulled down. I assume there was some issue related to overhead power, maybe one or both of the substations west of Kipling?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, interesting. The delay on Line 1 between St. Clair & Lawrence is because of drilling above that punctured the tunnel, and some debris fell down and was run over by a train.

Edit: dang, apparently the drill bit actually contacted a train. Yikes. I can't quite put it from the conversation on the scanner where this happened. Got home a while after this happened.

Edit: According to the TTC themselves, it happened between Eglinton & Lawrence stations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No service on Line 2 between Woodbine & Broadview due to a switch problem leaving westbound Greenwood Yard. They are going to clamp it down.

Edit: Service is resuming after the switch was clamped for mainline operation.

Looks like there's a massive fustercluck in the west end on Line 2, with a train partially derailed at Keele. Too bad there's no way to monitor the TTC on the scanner anymore, as TTC switched over to TETRA for the surface supervisors a few days ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MK78 said:

Looks like there's a massive fustercluck in the west end on Line 2, with a train partially derailed at Keele. Too bad there's no way to monitor the TTC on the scanner anymore, as TTC switched over to TETRA for the surface supervisors a few days ago.

Hadn't realized TTC dropped the entire analog system and moved to digital. That stinks for figuring out what's happening during incidents like this.

46 minutes ago, jameskoole said:

Hadn't realized TTC dropped the entire analog system and moved to digital. That stinks for figuring out what's happening during incidents like this.

Yeah it's unfortunate. There was even a stream on broadcastify but that also stated that its shutdown for this reason.

3 hours ago, MK78 said:

Just headed up there, TTC1 is there. Talked to somebody there, the said it looks pretty bad. They have managed to clear it now but the situation was horrible. The had police at high demand stations pulling buses left, right and centre. 

Here is a couple photos

0BB7529D-0A4E-44FA-874B-F09E8287FD52.jpeg

194ACFD0-FA98-40CB-B0AD-86D61B3CFB32.jpeg

• Like 5