TTC Delays and Disruptions

On 3/30/2019 at 10:13 AM, jameskoole said:

Problem in this case is the truck driver not having a clue how tall his load was. Took out everything on the eastbound side from the bridge to about 50ft. past. The center lane is clearly signed NO TRUCKS, but that didn’t stop this guy.

CA429D95-CB8F-4B29-AAB0-D7CB2E5BEDA4.jpeg

C79CDFB3-B96C-4350-8577-9CE4F1D464D5.jpeg

This has happened many times this year. I wonder why it seems to be a problem spot compared to the other underpasses. Maybe the surge of condo construction activity nearby?

3 hours ago, 7575 said:

If you know, did the party in question pull through?

No, unfortunately they said on the radio the victim was found VSA (vital signs absent) and the coroner’s office was called in. 

• Sad 8

The 512 was down from Lansdowne to Keele due to an "emergency" further down west. Various Queensway and Wilson units provided shuttle service to St Clair Station. Have no idea what happended, as I got off at my stop at Earlscourt.

Due to the fire at York Memorial Collegiate Institute, two routes are on detour:

32 EGLINTON WEST: Detour via Keele St, Rogers Rd, Weston Rd and Black Creek Dr due to a fire.

32C EGLINTON WEST: Detour via Keele St, Clearview Hts and Trethewey Dr due to a fire.

41 KEELE: Detour southbound via Lawrence Ave W, Jane St and Weston Rd due to a fire.

• Thanks 1

Media are reporting of the TTC's new signal system being up and running down to St. Patrick on the University line. But Google Maps is reporting delays of up to 15 minutes between Vaughan and Downsview Park. It really begs the question whether the TTC is ready to activate CBTC at this time. I remember back when they spent a weekend closure upgrading Sheppard West to Dupont and finished the work early enough on Sunday to put the new system into revenue service in the evening (I think Brad Ross even tweeted about this), only to have to revert to wayside signaling for a few more months.

2 hours ago, Transit geek said:

Media are reporting of the TTC's new signal system being up and running down to St. Patrick on the University line. But Google Maps is reporting delays of up to 15 minutes between Vaughan and Downsview Park. It really begs the question whether the TTC is ready to activate CBTC at this time. I remember back when they spent a weekend closure upgrading Sheppard West to Dupont and finished the work early enough on Sunday to put the new system into revenue service in the evening (I think Brad Ross even tweeted about this), only to have to revert to wayside signaling for a few more months.

That short time of ATC then was to test ATC prior to the opening of the TYSSE if I recall

• 2 weeks later...

There's currently no service on Line 2 BD between Keele & Islington due to a Priority 1 injury at track level at Jane station. No details yet.

Update: Currently it's a rescue, male victim has vital signs. Video services confirmed it was an intentional act. ?

• Sad 3

I was in Toronto on the Victoria Day weekend, as I usually am. I was on a subway train that was climbing the grade into Warden when power went out. My train did not have enough momentum to make the Warden platform, and stalled on the grade for about 20 minutes. There were several announcements about a trespasser on the tracks between Victoria Park and Kennedy, forcing a power cut in that entire zone. I was in the first car of the train.  I saw someone on the Warden platform, where a westbound train was stopped, using a big searchlight. There was no panic among the other passengers in that car, nor any attempts to force a door. I could not speak for the other cars, nor could the operator of the train, to whom I spoke when we reached Kennedy and he came out of his cab. Though I did not see any TTC employees during the delay, and had no word other than the announcements, I felt those involved handled a dangerous situation as best they could. 

There's currently no service on Line 2 BD between St. George & Ossington due to an electrical fire near Spadina station. A 600v feeder line has caught fire at track level.

Edit: the turnback has been extended west to Keele, due to the need to isolate circuit breakers at Ossington to cut power to the faulty cables so the electricians can work on them.

Edit: The delay has now cleared.

There's currently no service between St Clair West and St George on Line 1, due to an injury at track level at Spadina station. No details yet.

Update: Female victim, Code 5 (death), reports to have been cut in half by the train. No camera coverage of the incident whether it was intentional act or not. Yikes.

• Sad 4