TTC Delays and Disruptions

27 minutes ago, 8860 said:

Correct, I saw so many buses packed in the streets and especially Woodbine Station was so packed that a few buses had to wait to enter the station. As Far As I Saw Brichmount Dispatched the most Buses and Eglinton Just sent Off about 4/5 Buses.

Arrow sent 9111,8573

Stop lying about 8573...

12 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

Wasn't 8573 retired after its accident? or was that one of those nonsense forum rumours? 

It's at Hillcrest, status unknown

8573.PNG

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, 8860 said:

Since When Did I Say Anything about 8573?

This is getting obscene. Please stop posting false information and backtracking when you get called out on it; it's extremely detrimental to the quality of posts on this message board.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

Last I saw 8573 it was sitting beside 7592 at Hillcrest back in I think September. Have not seen it since then.

8573 suffered major damage after it got T-boned by a car a few months back. The whole frame got bent on the driver's side.

https://twitter.com/LateNightCam/status/878193329569136640

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, D40-90 said:

Another suicide at Jane right now.

Is there stats on the amount of suicides this year? It appears as there was a lot, or maybe its just because the info gets out there more compared to before.

The TTC (and most other transit systems) do not publish statistics on suicide attempts or otherwise - the theory behind it that making it public knowledge would encourage further acts.

11 hours ago, D40-90 said:

They were doing it for the last 3 years. I guess it was the media outlets forcing it out of TTC through the FOI.

I’m sure for some lofty goal to do for the betterment of mankind........or something.

honestly, what good could possibly come of it?

want statistics? Hit up CAMH or the CMHA.

Suicide at Victoria Park Station today at 5pm.   Cleared after about 1 hour delay.   8592 and 8393 were some buses sent from the west end.   VP  seems to be used  a lot , train does come in fast and there is a bit of a downhill slope as it enters.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...