TTC Delays and Disruptions

On 01/12/2017 at 5:13 AM, Shaun said:

There seems to have been major delays on line 1 this morning. Up to two hours to get from finch to downtown. 

Doesn't seem like it made the news. Just another day at the TTC? 

Maybe, there's restricted speed zones currently in place at various places.

Spent lots of time (7 min) waiting for my train at Bloor-Yonge thanks to those.

7 minutes ago, Ed T. said:

This morning, subway shuttle buses pulling out of Kipling. Okay, ttc.ca has an explanation.

This afternoon, shuttle buses heading east from Islington. No explanation.

Whatever, it's been a poor day for the west end of the line.

This morning, there was a personal injury at track level at Royal York station so service on Line 2 was suspended from Jane to Islington stations.

• Sad 1

In the morning it was a fire at Islington lasting a while. Then a personal injury at track level at Royal York, which must've been extra nasty as it lasted around 4 hours. Not sure how you were kept in the dark of the personal injury; there were announcements, station screen notices and online posts galore.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, 63 Ossington said:

In the morning it was a fire at Islington lasting a while. Then a personal injury at track level at Royal York, which must've been extra nasty as it lasted around 4 hours. Not sure how you were kept in the dark of the personal injury; there were announcements, station screen notices and online posts galore.

It's my lucky day, I drove. :lol: Judging by the 110A and 110B running together, it was a good move to avoid the buses. But it's hard not to notice a stream of shuttle buses, and wonder what's going on.

ttc.ca had the morning disruption up, but whatever is happening, or was happening until very recently, isn't posted. (I saw lots more shuttle buses running along Bloor after posting that from Brentwood library.)

26 minutes ago, 63 Ossington said:

It was also in the news. Someone trespassing got hit.

506 Carlton turning back at Coxwell due to a collision on Upper Gerrard and Glenmount.

506 Carlton holding westbound at College and Major due to a collision  

52 Lawrence West diverting both ways via Lancaster, Churchill, Victory due to a collision on Airport and Morningside.

35B Jane - Road closure during sewer installation

On 12/19/2017 at 3:46 PM, 8860 said:

506 Carlton turning back at Coxwell due to a collision on Upper Gerrard and Glenmount.

506 Carlton holding westbound at College and Major due to a collision  

52 Lawrence West diverting both ways via Lancaster, Churchill, Victory due to a collision on Airport and Morningside.

35B Jane - Road closure during sewer installation

35B's detour was scheduled to happen anyways, so it was expected.

Also, where is Airport and Morningside?

• Haha 1

Unscheduled Delays 

109B route cancelled due to a water main break at Flemington and Varna.

40 Junction diverting northbound via Dundas, Bloor, Indian & southbound via Glenlake, India, Edna due to a collision at Dundas & Chelsea

82 Rosedale diverting both ways via Cluny, Roxborough, Yonge, Crescent due to a water main break at Crescent and Yonge.

56 minutes ago, Transit geek said:

I heard on 680 News that there are about 70~ of these buses on shuttle service. Ridiculous.

Correct, I saw so many buses packed in the streets and especially Woodbine Station was so packed that a few buses had to wait to enter the station. As Far As I Saw Brichmount Dispatched the most Buses and Eglinton Just sent Off about 4/5 Buses.

Arrow sent only 9111.