TTC Delays and Disruptions

2 disruptions occurred at the same time (around 6) today: trains were bypassing Greenwood and Coxwell stations due to a police investigation (at Coxwell), and Bloor-Yonge station on both lines due to a security incident. The station was eventually evacuated and closed. No idea what happened in either case, despite getting caught in the delay at Bloor-Yonge.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, New Looks in Toronto said:

P1 at Yonge on BD.  

Right after this cleared, service was suspended warden - kennedy for signal problems, when that cleared service was suspended ossington - jane for a trespasser at track level at lansdowne, which, according to brad ross, was due to someone running through the tunnel. They ran from dundas west all the way to ossington.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, H4 5600 said:

Right after this cleared, service was suspended warden - kennedy for signal problems, when that cleared service was suspended ossington - jane for a trespasser at track level at lansdowne, which, according to brad ross, was due to someone running through the tunnel. They ran from dundas west all the way to ossington.

I rode 557x from Dufferin to Spadina, where it went out of service to return "home to YUS" according the announcement. :lol:

• Like 2

It has been everyday this week where there's been a signal problem on any one part of the B-D line. Take your pick, first Warden, than Kennedy, Jane, Islington, Kipling, Ossington. 10 years ago delays would be hard to come by, but now it's getting to the point where you know there will be at least 1 delay anytime you ride the subway. The question is, what kind of delay will it be.

1 hour ago, lip said:

It has been everyday this week where there's been a signal problem on any one part of the B-D line. Take your pick, first Warden, than Kennedy, Jane, Islington, Kipling, Ossington. 10 years ago delays would be hard to come by, but now it's getting to the point where you know there will be at least 1 delay anytime you ride the subway. The question is, what kind of delay will it be.

Yeah I recognized some trains stay longer at some stations like Ossington, Christie, Jane, and Keele

1 hour ago, lip said:

2 minutes ago, raptorjays said:

Yeah I recognized some trains stay longer at some stations like Ossington, Christie, Jane, and Keele

Tuesday night i had the choice of taking the subway from st george to runnymede, or i could wait 20 minutes and take the 26 to runnymede. Had i taken the 26, it would have been 20 mins faster. as in the subway, i had a 5 minute wait for a full train, let it pass and another 2 minutes for an emptier train, then we stopped at christie for 7 minutes, dundas west for 6 minutes, keele for 13 minutes, plus an operator switchover at high park, at which point i decided to get off and walk as the other train wasnt even there yet, and i got to runnymede before my train did.

1 hour ago, raptorjays said:

Depending on the direction one travels in, those would all timing points so it's common for trains to sit and wait at those stations. The uncommon thing has been the copious amounts of signal problems the TTC has been having, and might I add the majority of these problems happen during the most convenient time of the day, rush hour.

On 1/16/2017 at 8:34 PM, raptorjays said:

Wow..  It is not listed on the TTC twitter Just experiencing terrible delays at BD line..

It took 11 minute between Islington and Kipling..

It's normally 6 minutes if they were backlogged by 2 trains (train waiting over the Bloor bridge) without any delay. If it's 3 trains, you'll be in the tunnel just west of Islington. That's about 9 minutes and TTC doesn't consider that a delay of it's own. 

• 4 weeks later...

Service affected by the st clair fire:

Line 1: Bypassing st clair stn both ways. Shuttles not operating.

Routes 74 & 88: diverted to rosedale stn 

Route 97: Diverted around the area, no service on yonge street between crescent and merton.

Route 512: Turning back at st clair west stn. Shuttles not operating.

• Like 2