TTC Delays and Disruptions

There is so sort of delay on the SB YUS line this morning. It took me 15 minutes to get from Finch to York Mills! They really ought to make the annoucements louder!

The work zone southbound between Lawrence and Eglinton was the cause of the delay.

There is so sort of delay on the SB YUS line this morning. It took me 15 minutes to get from Finch to York Mills! They really ought to make the annoucements louder!
The announcements were pretty clear about 8:30 a.m. at Downsview.

"Longer than normal trip time due to rail conditions northbound from Sheppard to Finch and southbound from Finch to Eglinton. Repair crews have been dispatched"

As of 12pm, the ttc site has a delay listed... with no service between Vic Park and Kennedy

While looking at the Toronto Fire page about the explosion it has a 1 alarm fire listed at Warden Station. No word on the TTC website about any delays on the BD line though.

BREAKING NEWS:

No subway service on Spadina BW from Downsview to Lawrence West Station due to propane explosion @ Keele & Wilson. According to CP24 the TTC is providing shuttle service due to road closure along that route.

No, there are NO shuttle buses running between Downsview and Lawrence West due to the Danger.

The Downsview, Yorkdale and Wilson subway stations have been closed and the Toronto Transit Commission is not running shuttle buses through the affected area because of the possible danger

While looking at the Toronto Fire page about the explosion it has a 1 alarm fire listed at Warden Station. No word on the TTC website about any delays on the BD line though.

Fire at Warden Station... apparently an electrical fire prompting the cut off of the signal power at Warden. Trains turned back from Victoria Park.

Disabled train southbound Rosedale at 8:20am this morning. Low brake pressure.... train coupled mechanically to the following train.
My train got stuck in this delay - arrived to the 3rd platform at Davisville. The delay cleared about 8:30. There was also a delay southbound at Summerhill about 8:50.

My train got stuck in this delay - arrived to the 3rd platform at Davisville. The delay cleared about 8:30. There was also a delay southbound at Summerhill about 8:50.

My train also arrived to the 3rd platform... but at 9:15am... Our train had a sick passenger on board at Eglington station. We sat there for 5-10 minutes, then proceeded to Davisville 3rd platform where we were told that the train is waiting for EMS to arrive.

There was a delay due to signal problems within the vicinity of Wilson Station this evening around 7:30. The northbound train I was on got turned by control at Lawrence West. Control promptly announced that subway service was to be temporarily suspended between Lawrence West and Wilson Station. Shuttle buses were pressed into service, and 9434 was waiting at Lawrence West when I got to the bus platform (presumably removed from service on the 29).

By 9am the SB delay was between Rosedale and Bloor. First a PAA activation, then signal problems, then a disabled train in that stretch. Hmm... I wonder which to believe, or is it really that bad. :)

I bailed at York Mills and jumped on a waiting 7580 on 97B to make it to work.

My train wasn't that bad, but I heard from others at work the one stuck at Lawrence was packed to the brink of spilling.

By 9am the SB delay was between Rosedale and Bloor. First a PAA activation, then signal problems, then a disabled train in that stretch. Hmm... I wonder which to believe, or is it really that bad. :)
This delay lasted from 8:50 till about 9:20. There was also a delay southbound at Dupont at 9:25-30.

What there some sort of event around 4:45pm on the YUS line? I got down to the platforms at York Mills and saw a lot of people waiting in front of an empty southbound train which had 1 passenger inside carrying a large box and backpack who put his foot in the door. When the door did open he came out and the empty trainset went SB, with no one on board. There were also a lot of people waiting for trains at Sheppard and North York Centre. Additionally, while going NB between NYC and Finch there was a mechanic or someone wearing a reflective vest in the tunnel.

What there some sort of event around 4:45pm on the YUS line? I got down to the platforms at York Mills and saw a lot of people waiting in front of an empty southbound train which had 1 passenger inside carrying a large box and backpack who put his foot in the door. When the door did open he came out and the empty trainset went SB, with no one on board. There were also a lot of people waiting for trains at Sheppard and North York Centre. Additionally, while going NB between NYC and Finch there was a mechanic or someone wearing a reflective vest in the tunnel.

There was a problem that I heard about on TV between 4:30pm and 5:00pm (can't remember the exact time) northbound at Lawrence Station due to an ill passenger I believe.