Jump to content
OC Transpo/STO Fan

STO Classic Retirement Watch

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Enviro_1203 said:

Calgary doesnt use salt, hence why STO bought the buses from Calgary.

Oh I did not know that. I'll have to look up what they use in the winter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Oh I did not know that. I'll have to look up what they use in the winter.

I'll save you the search. They use sand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chris W said:

I'll save you the search. They use sand.

Metro areas in Edmonton use salt and sand. Typically more salt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got word from my STO contact that 9225 is the sole active Classic remaining as of today.

Long live Classics!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dudebrains said:

Just got word from my STO contact that 9225 is the sole active Classic remaining as of today.

Long live Classics!

I was told in a facebook group that even the 9225 is now retired its parked near the other classics in the parking with the bus that never come back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Ds9Defiant1701 said:

I was told in a facebook group that even the 9225 is now retired its parked near the other classics in the parking with the bus that never come back

Guess that's all then. I am still very glad I went when I did. It felt like the 1990s when a majority of them were active.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Busfanner 19 said:

Cold Lake, Red Arrow Spruce Meadows are the only companies that have classics now aswell as Abouttown is Transportation 

Aboutown? That ancient company has been gone for years even after being transferred to Donnelly Transit.. There are probably a few roaming around in other Quebec cities as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The good news with this is that the entire STO fleet is now low floor. Great for accessibility.

 

Rest in peace/peices Classics. You will be missed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On February 6, 2020 at 6:31 PM, Enviro_1203 said:

Calgary doesnt use salt, hence why STO bought the buses from Calgary.

That's a hell of a myth. Of course they use salt. More than Edmonton. 

On February 6, 2020 at 11:31 PM, Chris W said:

I'll save you the search. They use sand.

And you failed. 

https://www.calgary.ca/Transportation/Roads/Pages/Road-Maintenance/Snow-and-ice-control/Salt-management-plan-FAQs.aspx

Calgary will in fact use 100% salt depending upon temperatures.

On February 6, 2020 at 11:35 PM, Loud-Invero said:

Metro areas in Edmonton use salt and sand. Typically more salt

No. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dudebrains said:

The good news with this is that the entire STO fleet is now low floor. Great for accessibility.

 

Rest in peace/peices Classics. You will be missed

Remember they disabled the ramps on the older units.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Remember they disabled the ramps on the older units.

True, but the low floor is a lot better for seniors and small children...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 6:06 PM, dudebrains said:

True, but the low floor is a lot better for seniors and small children...

Yeah and time saving too. A low floor you can get one person each 2-3 seconds and a highfloor it can be like one person each 5-10 seconds. Its an rtc driver who told me that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2020 at 8:32 PM, Busfanner 19 said:

Abouttown is Transportation 

The ex. London 1990 MCI Classics that Donnelly acquired from Abouttown were retired and scrapped in early 2016, according to the wiki.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SidneyTransitfan said:

The ex. London 1990 MCI Classics that Donnelly acquired from Abouttown were retired and scrapped in early 2016, according to the wiki.

Oh so all classics in Canada are in Alberta as well as Galland, almost forgot FTCHQ and Saskatoon Transits #449

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...