OC Transpo/STO Fan

STO Classic Retirement Watch

Spotted 5 out of 7 Classics spotted Downtown today.

9134 on the 27

9135 on the 59 

9136 on the 29

9138 on the 25

9225 En Transit

• Thanks 1

It's been almost two months and 9132 as still not been spotted. How long must we wait until we can confirm it's been retired?

12 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

It's been almost two months and 9132 as still not been spotted. How long must we wait until we can confirm it's been retired?

Until someone confirms it with solid proof? You know that.

• Thanks 2

9135 spotted today on the usual lunchtime 33 towards Musée!

If you're looking for Classics off-peak, this is the trip folks!

Leaves Freeman at 12:02 on the 33, then becomes the 35 Gabrielle-Roy from Musée at 12:37 (And then back to the garage she goes!)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, dudebrains said:

Leaves Freeman at 12:02 on the 33, then becomes the 35 Gabrielle-Roy from Musée at 12:37 (And then back to the garage she goes!)

Not today's trip :( I'm guessing they didn't want to dispatch it or the operater of that run didn't show up, but we got 1101 (the pink wow 97.1fm bus) instead. Bus was 15 mins late. And I couldn't record anything because of the ad-wrap. The most longest/boring trip I've been on to date...

3 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

Not today's trip :( I'm guessing they didn't want to dispatch it or the operater of that run didn't show up, but we got 1101 (the pink wow 97.1fm bus) instead. Bus was 15 mins late. And I couldn't record anything because of the ad-wrap. The most longest/boring trip I've been on to date...

Dang.

It could very well be that the operator requests a Classic when they turn up for their run. However, I usually see a Classic on Tuesdays.

The Holiday and Winter booking selection period has begun, so if the operator has high senority, it could be that they couldn't do their run today because they had to go sign for the bookings...

The irony here is that not only did you not get a Classic, you got a "bad" bus because of the wrap. They went from awesome to super-lame.

Better luck next time...

On 12/3/2019 at 4:48 PM, dudebrains said:

The irony here is that not only did you not get a Classic, you got a "bad" bus because of the wrap. They went from awesome to super-lame.

Wrap ad buses are not necessarily bad buses. I have good eye sight so I can see just fine out the window.

16 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

Wrap ad buses are not necessarily bad buses. I have good eye side so I can see just fine out the window.

I have excellent eyesight too, but filming out of an ad-wrap bus is really hard, thus making it bad.

2 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

Wrap ad buses are not necessarily bad buses. I have good eye side so I can see just fine out the window.

1 hour ago, dudebrains said:

I have excellent eyesight too, but filming out of an ad-wrap bus is really hard, thus making it bad.

Back on topic please.

9135 finishing a route (didnt look at destination sign so I could quickly get the unit number as I drove by it) at Rideau around 19:00.

• Thanks 5

On 10/18/2019 at 11:14 PM, STO_1601 said:

STO 9135 photo by @gmnewlook. Not sure when this was taken but if just recently then that means all 7 remain Classics are active.

73458643_10156598291232967_8925557329512890368_o.jpg

Took it the same day you posted it!