Jump to content
OC Transpo/STO Fan

STO 89xx-95xx Classic Spottings/Retirement Watch

Recommended Posts

On 8/24/2017 at 1:32 PM, 8792 said:

Alright, so I went back to May 1st in the main STO spottings thread and the following units were spotted in service (and they date they were spotted on) that are not already mentioned above:

8907 (24MAY)

9204 (06JUN)

9401 (09JUN)

9516 (24MAY)

It's highly probably that most, if not all of these are still active. Whether you want to put these in bold, I'll leave up to you.

Plus 9404 was spotted back in mid-May prior to its retirement.

I'd hazard a guess that a few more Classics will start popping up again after Labour Day.

BTW, I think 9204 might be retired too, due to so much paint peeling off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8907 I'll just put as unknown for now until somebody actually spots it, and for the other two, they will be going in the retired list.

EDIT: I changed my mind. 8907 will stay active until somebody spots it retired. 8906, and 8902 will stay unknown because we have not heard anything about them yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the Classics I've seen this week (they're all already in bold on the list):

9134

9135

9216

9411

9512

As for 7901, as far as I know it's still around. It only pops out once in a while though, not every weekday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spotted #9108 today. So all original classics with the new logo have been spotted.  

Also #9204 is still active despite all the paint peeling off it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed that there were no more unspotted STO Classics being seen active. Let's hope the remaining 23 remain active, especially the original STO ones. 

I have edited my list to put the unspotted, unknown, and retired ones on the same list. If we spot one from that list, I'm going to put it back in the active list. Also, if you do spot a Classic already on the list, it's better to post it so we can keep track of which are still active, and which ones retired.

There's only 13 original STO Classics left that have been spotted. These are the last known 23 buses to be in service.

91xx: Three active (9108, 9114, 9117)

92xx: Two active (9204, 9216)

94xx: Five active (9401, 9403, 9411, 9419, 9421)

95xx: Three active (9512, 9516, 9519)

Ex-Calgary: All still active (9131, 9132, 9133, 9134, 9135, 9136, 9137, 9138, 9224, 9225)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2017 at 3:34 PM, OCTranspo/STO Fan said:

I've noticed that there were no more unspotted STO Classics being seen active. Let's hope the remaining 23 remain active, especially the original STO ones. 

I have edited my list to put the unspotted, unknown, and retired ones on the same list. If we spot one from that list, I'm going to put it back in the active list. Also, if you do spot a Classic already on the list, it's better to post it so we can keep track of which are still active, and which ones retired.

There's only 13 original STO Classics left that have been spotted. These are the last known 23 buses to be in service.

91xx: Three active (9108, 9114, 9117)

92xx: Two active (9204, 9216)

94xx: Five active (9401, 9403, 9411, 9419, 9421)

95xx: Three active (9512, 9516, 9519)

Ex-Calgary: All still active (9131, 9132, 9133, 9134, 9135, 9136, 9137, 9138, 9224, 9225)

The Classics may be all retired next year. They are calling for 27 40ft hybrid buses according to their Budget 2018 article.

BTW It's best if we keep track of the Classics starting next year. So that way we'll know which ones have survived into 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-12-01 at 4:11 PM, ONQCBusFan said:

The Classics may be all retired next year. They are calling for 27 40ft hybrid buses according to there Budget 2018 article.

BTW It's best if we keep track of the Classics starting next year. So that way we'll know which ones have survived into 2018.

Good idea. Post any spottings or retirements here, and I will update my list periodically. We can start now. We will then know which ones are left by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get it? Why retire buses. If there's an issue with over crowding on STO buses during rush hour why retire the classics. With these new 27 Nova Hybrids coming, I would keep the classic for rush hour service.

 

If the STO wants more residents to take public transit then, they got to dtarty offering more service, and by that they caan't retire  buses. Either you keep older buses for more service or you buy more buses, IE retire 27 buses, you buy 27 buses to replace those 27 retired plus you buy more as expansion, other wise you won't improve your service,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

I don't get it? Why retire buses. If there's an issue with over crowding on STO buses during rush hour why retire the classics. With these new 27 Nova Hybrids coming, I would keep the classic for rush hour service.

 

If the STO wants more residents to take public transit then, they got to dtarty offering more service, and by that they caan't retire  buses. Either you keep older buses for more service or you buy more buses, IE retire 27 buses, you buy 27 buses to replace those 27 retired plus you buy more as expansion, other wise you won't improve your service,

You need more staff to run more buses, and it’s not just one driver for one bus, you need more garage space to run more buses, all that costs more money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×