OC Transpo/STO Fan

STO 89xx-95xx Classic Spottings/Retirement Watch

17 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

Assuming 8907 is still on STO property, is it possible that the STO is going to use this bus a part of their Historical fleet? A Classic(GM? MCI? Novabus? not sure which) as part of the STO next generation buses after the GM New Looks? Since the STO has only 1 Historical bus in their fleet, and assuming they want to expand the fleet, why not a Classic and since its a 1980's bus the last one of that decade that they switched from New Looks to classics?

That is a great idea!!!!

I think that would be wicked AND feasible because the ex-Calgary classics could become parts busses (and if you have 7 buses [the three retired ones have been parted out already] feeding one bus, you have a lot of extra parts.

I was already intending on going to the STO board meeting this Thursday so I will definitely bring it up!

59 minutes ago, dudebrains said:

That is a great idea!!!!

I think that would be wicked AND feasible because the ex-Calgary classics could become parts busses (and if you have 7 buses [the three retired ones have been parted out already] feeding one bus, you have a lot of extra parts.

I was already intending on going to the STO board meeting this Thursday so I will definitely bring it up!

It would not be feasible. Tax payers money would be used and during my first trip back in 2015, all their original and some Calgary Classic's including 8907 were in very rough shape. Be lucky that you can get photos and be lucky that they still have 7901.

I'll post this here too:

I received word from the Saskatoon Transit thread that all the Classics have officially been retired in Saskatoon! 🙁

So now that leaves the STO as the last major transit system in Canada to run a fleet of Classics! 

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

So now that leaves the STO as the last major transit system in Canada to run a fleet of Classics! 

Not necessarily. There are many systems in Quebec and a few left running Classic's.

42 minutes ago, TTC 9701 said:

Not necessarily. There are many systems in Quebec and a few left running Classic's.

No there is not, All the other 8 major agencies under the ATUQ have all retired there Classics

4 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

No there is not, All the 9 major agencies under the ATUQ have all retired there Classics

Iirc Mont Trembent has some ex RTL Classics running. 

Spotted 5 Classics today in Downtown Ottawa during the PM rush hour:

9132 on the 37 Cégep Gabrielle-Roy via St-Joesph

9134 on the 35 Cégep Gabrielle-Roy via Lac Des Fées

9135 on the 93 Masson-Angers

9136 on the 59 Parc-O-Bus Des Allumettières via Galleries Alymer

9138 on the 95 Buckingham

• Like 1

Spotted 2 Classics today in Downtown Ottawa during the PM rush hour:

9134 on the 38 Freeman via St-Joesph

9136 on the 40 Jardins Lavigne

On 4/11/2019 at 4:40 PM, 8792 said:

Spotted 9224 and 9136 about a week ago. 

Are you sure it's not 9225? 9224 was reported retired last year. 

On 4/13/2019 at 11:48 AM, STO_1601 said:

Are you sure it's not 9225? 9224 was reported retired last year. 

Yeah sorry 9225.

7 minutes ago, dudebrains said:

🤦‍♂️

9224!!!!!!

I don't understand

Are you trying to tell us that it's been put back into service?

8 hours ago, dudebrains said:

🤦‍♂️

9224!!!!!!

8 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

I don't understand

7 hours ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Oh for Christ sake, is 9224 active or retired?..

6 hours ago, Imgursdownvote4love said:

Yes, yes it it is

6 hours ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Yes it is what? Retired or active?

Do we really need to be subjected to this kind of crap on the forum?

Get a grip and grow up the lot of you.

11 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

I don't understand

Sorry about that, I tried using Emoji from my iPhone to make a facepalm, but the Browser version of CPTDB does not like them.....

but no, 9224 is retired and completely parted out.

Please excuse the confusion.

Not too sure if this belongs in a new thread or if we can just rename this thread to "STO Retirement watch", but I drove past the Hull yard today and saw what looked to be an 02-04 LFS on death row (was absolutely an LFS, just couldn't see it's number). I will look into the matter more closely next week when I will be at the STO for the monthly council meeting (Next thursday 4PM at the STO on Jean-Proulx). It could also be that the bus has a defect and is awaiting a fix and they ran out of space in the regular defect parking spots (pretty much all exterior bus parking)

6 minutes ago, dudebrains said:

Not too sure if this belongs in a new thread or if we can just rename this thread to "STO Retirement watch", but I drove past the Hull yard today and saw what looked to be an 02-04 LFS on death row (was absolutely an LFS, just couldn't see it's number). I will look into the matter more closely next week when I will be at the STO for the monthly council meeting (Next thursday 4PM at the STO on Jean-Proulx). It could also be that the bus has a defect and is awaiting a fix and they ran out of space in the regular defect parking spots (pretty much all exterior bus parking)

I don't think it's time to start an STO 02-04 retirement watch right now. We will need further proof if they starting to retire or not.

I think it would have been better if you posted this in the STO spottings thread since this is a personal STO spotting.

5 minutes ago, dudebrains said:

Doesn't surprise me. The 2002s are 17 years old. You can tell if its an 02 just by the A/C unit on the roof.