OC Transpo/STO Fan

STO 89xx-95xx Classic Spottings/Retirement Watch

1 hour ago, corynv said:

40s (and 50s) serve Aylmer, it's 20s and 30s for hull, (and freeman POB), though i do believe there is one 6X bus that does go to freeman.

That would be the 64 (it replaced a leg of the 39 that served the Limbor area of Gatineau)

On 2/22/2019 at 4:59 PM, STO_1601 said:

@OCTranspoMaster just reported that 9138 is still active too despite its engine failure last week.

So no more Classics have retired yet! HOORAY! 

HOORAY FOR THE STO MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT AT ANTOINE-GRÉGOIRE!
Best bus fixers out there!

4 hours ago, dudebrains said:

HOORAY FOR THE STO MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT AT ANTOINE-GRÉGOIRE!
Best bus fixers out there!

I found out from a operator when the Ex Calgary classics first came online. That the maitance and some of the operators were impressed on how well CT took care of the units (no corrosion/rust underneath)

It also helped that they were rebuilt before being retired/sold.

5 minutes ago, Oc4526 said:

I found out from a operator when the Ex Calgary classics first came online. That the maitance and some of the operators were impressed on how well CT took care of the units (no corrosion/rust underneath)

It also helped that they were rebuilt before being retired/sold.

Alberta doesnt use salt, hence no corrosion

I just received a Facebook message from the STO today. They say the remaining Classics will be on kept on the road this year and are expected to be stored sometime in 2020.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

I just received a Facebook message from the STO today. They say the remaining Classics will be on kept on the road this year and are expected to be stored sometime in 2020.

NO WAY!
That's awesome.

I hope they keep one as a historic bus....

10 minutes ago, dudebrains said:

NO WAY!
That's awesome.

I hope they keep one as a historic bus....

Their lifespan just keeps getting extended. First it was early 2019, then summer 2019, now 2020. 

I was hoping that they would keep one of the remaining 1994 or 1995s as historic buses since they were originally STO buses, but I guess an ex-Calgary bus is better than nothing for historical purposes.

The Classics will live on to see the new decade and turn 29 years old.

Just now, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Funny you should mention!

7901 is turning 40 this year!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Their lifespan just keeps getting extended. First it was early 2019, then summer 2019, now 2020. 

I was hoping that they would keep one of the remaining 1994 or 1995s as historic buses since they were originally STO buses, but I guess an ex-Calgary bus is better than nothing for historical purposes.

It was suppose to be summer 2018, then SMS reported that they'll be here until summer 2019, and now the STO decided that they're keeping them until summer 2020

4 hours ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

It was suppose to be summer 2018, then SMS reported that they'll be here until summer 2019, and now the STO decided that they're keeping them until summer 2020

Not necessarily the Summer of 2020, It could be early, spring, summer, fall etc. They just said "SOMETIME" in 2020 they didn't say exactly when.

9225 on the 26 Plateau via Des Grives at Downtown Ottawa at around 3:30 pm

9138 on the 85 Cote-Des-Neiges at Downtown Ottawa at around 4:00pm

9134 on the 26 Plateau via Des Grives at Downtown Ottawa at around 4:40pm (death tick!)

I don't know if this was true but on January 28th, someone claimed that this STO 89 classic went back into service and "took a picture of it" . Is that true?

IMG_9334.jpeg

1 hour ago, Etienne said:

I don't know if this was true but on January 28th, someone claimed that this STO 89 classic went back into service and "took a picture of it" . Is that true?

IMG_9334.jpeg

Hell no... 8907 was retired in Summer 2017. HOWEVER! 8907 is still on STO property to this day as well as STO 9411 and 9516. https://www.flickr.com/photos/dudebrains/

You sure it wasn't Jan 2017? Because 9001 and 9011 we're retired WAY before Jan 2018.

3 hours ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Hell no... 8907 was retired in Summer 2017. HOWEVER! 8907 is still on STO property to this day as well as STO 9411 and 9516. https://www.flickr.com/photos/dudebrains/

You sure it wasn't Jan 2017? Because 9001 and 9011 we're retired WAY before Jan 2018.

LMAO yeah that was sent in the chat in January 2019.

But yeah that's why I figured it didn't make sense that they were still out.

9001 and 9011 was referring to TTC buses

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Etienne said:

LMAO yeah that was sent in the chat in January 2019.

But yeah that's why I figured it didn't make sense that they were still out.

9001 and 9011 was referring to TTC buses

Who sent that, @Oc4526 ?

1 hour ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Who sent that, @Oc4526 ?

Wasn't me,  I'm not on Fb that much. 

Though kinda interesting that there's no snow or ice on the ground to make that sighting plausible. (If it was in fact spotted on the 28th of January.)

9134 26 Du Plateau. 3:39 Terrasses Chaudière. 

20190315_154245.thumb.jpg.262de7037eb8b688f898a298ac7a6b61.jpg

(Photo taken at Stn Moncalm)

also caught 9225 En transit at Stn Montcalm 

20190315_160500.thumb.jpg.a2a6d26dbad1ed188f801a2f6cbf9a2a.jpg

• Like 4

On 3/14/2019 at 10:26 AM, OCTranspoMaster said:

Hell no... 8907 was retired in Summer 2017. HOWEVER! 8907 is still on STO property to this day as well as STO 9411 and 9516https://www.flickr.com/photos/dudebrains/

It is strictly impossible that one of those units was put back into service. They have pretty much been gutted as much as you can gut a bus and they would need very important repairs to be put back on the road (some of the units have had their doors open for god knows how long)