OC Transpo/STO Fan

STO 89xx-95xx Classic Spottings/Retirement Watch

29 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

We don't know if 9131-33 are retired or not. Nobody has spotted them for about two months now.

You need to relax, I was just giving some advice. You don't even in the Ottawa area so how are you supposed to know if they are active or not.

Why don't you contact the STO then?

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

We don't know if 9131-33 are retired or not. Nobody has spotted them for about two months now.

You need to relax, I was just giving some advice. You don't even in the Ottawa area so how are you supposed to know if they are active or not.

And you don’t live in Vancouver, yet you’re giving pointers there.

C23513EC-EFE6-43DF-AAAD-8561DCDADD20.thumb.png.0a4a931b12a8cdcf1c7c0e349ca2f389.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/24/2018 at 1:11 PM, Bus_Medic said:

And you don’t live in Vancouver, yet you’re giving pointers there.

C23513EC-EFE6-43DF-AAAD-8561DCDADD20.thumb.png.0a4a931b12a8cdcf1c7c0e349ca2f389.png

I don't want to derail this topic any further. I was only trying to direct everyone to the correct thread in that section since no one was using it and that guy was just rude at me for no peculiar reason. Seriously "I WAS ONLY TRYING TO HELP!!" and why would we be rude to someone who is trying to help you?

Now enough of this nonsense and please get back on topic!

3 minutes ago, Enviro_1203 said:

I havent seen any STO bus in about 2 weeks, are they all retired? 🤣🤣

Message the STO, they love answering questions.

Here’s a pre translated template:

”bonjour, je voudrais savoir s’il y a des autobuses dans la réseau?!?!? Merci de répondre rapidement. Esti.”

3 minutes ago, CanadaGoose said:

Message the STO, they love answering questions.

Here’s a pre translated template:

”bonjour, je voudrais savoir s’il y a des autobuses dans la réseau?!?!? Merci de répondre rapidement. Esti.”

It's "autobus" not autobuses!

• Like 1

I don't know how else to say this, but: @STO_1601 you are annoying people. Yes people have complained. Even I'm getting annoyed. If you want to build a reputation you don't do it by pestering people, tattling on people, and being a "know-it-all". Sit back, learn, and listen. 

I get the impression you are young, so I don't necessarily fault you. I've made posts when I was a teen that make me cringe. Eventually I learned to contribute in a meaningful way.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Let's all try to stay on topic. There are a few units that we haven't seen in awhile, yes, but it doesn't mean they are retired. When I was classic hunting between December 2016 and April 2017, STO 9216 had been missing for almost three months until it would appear for only 2 days (I think February 16th & 17th if I remember correctly) before being retired (presumably). STO is keeping all ex-Calgary until Summer 2019 as mentioned by @SMS . We know what's active, and we know that the sto probably still has some MCI classics at their garage they can use to fix any ex Calgary MCI's if any of them were to break down. 

Screenshot_20181024-184759_Photos.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Etienne said:

I'll be in Ottawa this Friday to Sunday so hopefully I get to ride at least one Classic by the time I leave

You can only ride it on Friday (typically only during the PM peak towards Gatineau). STO pulls the classics out of service on weekends and holidays. Also from past sightings back last winter they commonly ran on Route 25 which is a peak period route designed for students. My favorite route to ride the classics on was Route 88, however it seems that the fall service change made it so that all 88 trips are accessible so that has sadly ended. For Route Maps, refer to the wiki for STO

On 10/24/2018 at 6:49 PM, OCTranspoMaster said:

Let's all try to stay on topic. There are a few units that we haven't seen in awhile, yes, but it doesn't mean they are retired. When I was classic hunting between December 2016 and April 2017, STO 9216 had been missing for almost three months until it would appear for only 2 days (I think February 16th & 17th if I remember correctly) before being retired (presumably). STO is keeping all ex-Calgary until Summer 2019 as mentioned by @SMS . We know what's active, and we know that the sto probably still has some MCI classics at their garage they can use to fix any ex Calgary MCI's if any of them were to break down. 

Screenshot_20181024-184759_Photos.jpg

Just got an email today from the STO. They say all 10 ex-Calgary are in service as of right now even thought we haven't seen a few of them in a while. So you were right and now we all know for sure and I will stop posting about this right now.

9134 on the 25 Plateau

9135 on the 85 Cote-Des-Neiges

9137 on the 85 Cote-Des-Neiges

All spotted Downtown during the afternoon rush hour.

On 10/24/2018 at 10:39 AM, STO_1601 said:

BTW, If anyone wants to ask how many of the ex-Calgary Classics are left. They told me to use this site instead of the Facebook Messager. That probably explains why they suddenly stopped messaging @OCTranspoMaster about them.

http://www.sto.ca/index.php?id=80&L=en&fbclid=IwAR1wguUP3ub2DzEbt8WXle06zBcIuoCd6hjUQn3R8GJRu7HILEYXZwTtnQc#c5608

Dead link!

12 hours ago, 8792 said:

9136 (or 5...couldn’t get a clear view)

Did it have white borders around the headlights? If so that's 9136.

1 minute ago, STO_1601 said:

Did it have white borders around the headlights? If so that's 9136.

I couldn’t get a good enough view of it to tell. 

9134 on the 85 Cote des Neiges seen downtown.

9136 on the 17 Garbielle-Roy also seen downtown

9138 seen near Terrasses de la Chaudiere couldn't see the route number.

Only spotted 2 Classics downtown today:

9134 on the 85 Cote-Des-Neiges

9225 on the 26 Plateau via Des Grives

It is with great sadness...

That I announce the retirement of STO 9131, 9133 and 9224

These coaches were found stripped of parts at the STO Hull garage last night around 11:00 during volunteering for La Grande Guignolée des Médias and confirmed dead by a supervisor.

These coaches will be forever remembered for their longevity and as very reliable and comfortable.

Please take the time to remember these coaches.

Rest in pieces 9131, 9133 and 9224

We were unable to obtain pictures of 9224, but it has been confirmed as dead. It can be seen through the driver's window in the second picture

No funeral will be held

Here are the descriptions for the pictures below:

1- 9131 awaits scrapping on "death row"  (notice the seat under the front wheel)

2- 9133 await scrapping stripped of all valuable parts (notice 9224 can be seen [also retired] through the drivers window)

3- 9133 is seen from another angle (again, notice the seat under the front wheel)

4- The front mirror of 9133 is seen, almost broken off.

More photos of retired Classics and of 7901 can be found on my Flickr photostream.

STO 9131 (1) STO 9133 (1) STO 9133 (3) STO 9133 (2)

Could a wiki editor please mark these coaches RETIRED.

Thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 4