Guess what is different about these two bus photos!

25 minutes ago, Centralsmt said:

The photos had no credits on them earlier.

When I said that I credited them, I actually meant that I JUST NOW credited them. I forgot to credit the webmasters earlier, that's why I added them now.

25 minutes ago, Centralsmt said:

when you post photographs from other sites it is common courtesy to ASK the photographer for permission to post, a simple email should suffice.

Good to know. I just started posting here a month and a half ago so I didn't know. 

Photos?

1)The bus fleet number.

2) As for the photo's if you doo a google image search sometimes it doesn't say who they belong to?and other times it maybe from one site that, that site copied from a different site si you don't know who the actual owner is?

Just now, MCIBUS said:

Photos?

1)The bus fleet number.

2) As for the photo's if you doo a google image search sometimes it doesn't say who they belong to?and other times it maybe from one site that, that site copied from a different site si you don't know who the actual owner is?

I know that the photos belong to them for sure. They are on their websites. What does the bus fleet number have to do with anything?

22 hours ago, OCTranspo/STO Fan said:

I think I know what the rooftop thing is for on the Classics. Apparently, it is an APC unit, which provides data as to the number of passengers getting on and getting off on stops of a route.

Also, I take back what I said about the 93 Classics. 9301, and 9304 both had them. No other Nova had them except for those two. They were behind the air conditioner instead of being on the middle of the bus. As for the '89s, 8907, 8908, and 8923 are the only three that come to my head right now.

That makes complete sense as 8923 has it on the roof and also has the counter inside the front door.

To clarify your post above, I spotted one bus missing the 'exact fare only' lettering on the outside and on the inside the old vs (at the time) new 'priority seating' sticker. Actually the old stickers used to say 'courtesy seating' lol.

Please Delete

3 hours ago, 8792 said:

That makes complete sense as 8923 has it on the roof and also has the counter inside the front door.

To clarify your post above, I spotted one bus missing the 'exact fare only' lettering on the outside and on the inside the old vs (at the time) new 'priority seating' sticker. Actually the old stickers used to say 'courtesy seating' lol.

Some Classics actually had the APC unit without the counter on the front steps. Two that come to mind are 9301, and 9304. Some random 89xx and 91xx Classics also had no counter, yet kept the APC unit.

16 minutes ago, CyrusKafaiWu said:

I assume these photos are Vintage. (then again, I know nothing about buses)

Please post topics like these here, next time:

Sorry!

I wouldn't really think of D40s or Classics to be vintage.  When I think of vintage buses, I usually think of Old Looks, or Fishbowls. If you mean vintage as in when the photos were taken, they were all probably taken between 2005 and 2009.

As for the topic not being made there, I didn't think it would actually fit in there. 

On 2017-08-03 at 7:27 PM, OCTranspo/STO Fan said:

Please Delete

Some Classics actually had the APC unit without the counter on the front steps. Two that come to mind are 9301, and 9304. Some random 89xx and 91xx Classics also had no counter, yet kept the APC unit.

Scratch what I said about 9301 and 9304. They had the counter on the front step, but it looked different than the MCIs. It's less noticeable now.