Ex OC Transpo GM Classic spotted in Mississauga

An ex OC GM Classic was spotted on June 24, 2017 in a youtube video in Mississauga. It was basically all white. I cannot link it as I am on a mobile device right now, but I will say that it is on Theontariotransit fan's channel if anybody wants to check it out. It looked like it was active.

From my understanding, the bus is also getting preserved, apparently. As much as I would like to believe it, it was only a comment on the video, so who knows at this point.

1 hour ago, OCTranspo/STO Fan said:

It looks like the license plate on the front of the bus is G class. Also, this Classic was originally OC Transpo 8772.

How do you know that is formerly bus # 8772?  Former fleet number looks like 8027 or 8021.  Where did it run after it left Ottawa?

32 minutes ago, Michel said:

How do you know that is formerly bus # 8772?  Former fleet number looks like 8027 or 8021.  Where did it run after it left Ottawa?

The fleet number of this bus is 802. It came from Eastway. 802 was originally OC Transpo 8772. 801 was originally 8768. It ran on Guelph Transit in 2008. It then went to Peterborough transit in 2013.

Also, I looked on the wiki and it says that both 801 and 802 had Allison V730s retrofitted in them instead of having V731s. Can somebody else confirm this? I doubt it. 8021 and 8027 did not exist at OC Transpo at the time.

5 hours ago, OCTranspo/STO Fan said:

The fleet number of this bus is 802. It came from Eastway. 802 was originally OC Transpo 8772. 801 was originally 8768. It ran on Guelph Transit in 2008. It then went to Peterborough transit in 2013.

Also, I looked on the wiki and it says that both 801 and 802 had Allison V730s retrofitted in them instead of having V731s. Can somebody else confirm this? I doubt it. 8021 and 8027 did not exist at OC Transpo at the time.

I can confirm that it is 8776. I mixed up the number years ago, It isn't 8772. They originally had and still have the V730. It is being preserved.

6 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

It looked better with the Black on the rear below the small rear window when OC had it.

It would look better if they kept the livery of this bus (Stripe or Maple?) and just took off the OC Transpo markings. 

I'm suprised this bus is even running considering that the last GM Classic from OC was retired in 2009. It looks to be in good condition.

1 hour ago, Transitfan39 said:

I noticed on the destination sign that it says tourism, does a tourism company own the bus now? I wonder if does runs

Yes, the company is Eastway. They also own 801, previously OC 8768. I wonder if they are going to paint it back in the original OC livery when they preserve it.

Just out of curiousity, which scheme was 8776 in originally? The wiki states it was in the leaf livery, but I seriously doubt it.

3 hours ago, OCTranspo/STO Fan said:

Just out of curiousity, which scheme was 8776 in originally? The wiki states it was in the leaf livery, but I seriously doubt it.

31 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

8776 was originally red striped went it first entered service in 1987?

All of the Classics, GM, MCI and NovaBus, were delivered in the red stripe scheme with white bumpers.  The KFC livery was introduced on the 1997 Orion V and LFS buses, while the maple-leaf livery was first used on the 1999 Orion VI buses.

The rollsigns are OC Transpo originals.

47 minutes ago, tomsbuspage said:

All of the Classics, GM, MCI and NovaBus, were delivered in the red stripe scheme with white bumpers.  The KFC livery was introduced on the 1997 Orion V and LFS buses, while the maple-leaf livery was first used on the 1999 Orion VI buses.

The rollsigns are OC Transpo originals.

I already knew that, but I was asking if 8776 ever got repainted in the maple leaf livery before going to Eastway. 

15 hours ago, OCTranspo/STO Fan said:

Yes, the company is Eastway. They also own 801, previously OC 8768. I wonder if they are going to paint it back in the original OC livery when they preserve it.

Eastway used to own the bus but does not anymore. They sold it to a private individual in the Greater Toronto area. The plan is to eventually paint it in the as delivered scheme.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Seashore_518203 said:

Eastway used to own the bus but does not anymore. They sold it to a private individual in the Greater Toronto area. The plan is to eventually paint it in the as delivered scheme.

Do you (or anyone) know by chance who owns it? Also, did the owner just buy it a few weeks ago?

19 hours ago, OCTranspo/STO Fan said:

Does Eastway offer trips for a price or is it a museum company

1 hour ago, MCIBUS said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Eastway a bus rebuilder that makes new again and not a tour operator? :unsure:          /

That was already answered just a few posts above:

5 hours ago, OCTranspo/STO Fan said:

It's a refurbishing company. OC usually sends buses there to get repainted/repaired. Also to refurbish in the case of the Inveros.