Vietnam Airlines flew a A350-900 empty(presumably) for over 15 hours from Hanoi to YYZ presumably on a repatriation flight. It’s now heading to YVR as VN8. Or it could be a new triangle route but I highly doubt it. Most likely reason is repatriation or cargo. It is scheduled to leave YVR at 2:00pm PDT(5:00PM EDT)

4C736C33-2CCF-4250-A51B-F3C59E23699A.png

44 minutes ago, John Oke said:

Vietnam Airlines flew a A350-900 empty(presumably) for over 15 hours from Hanoi to YYZ presumably on a repatriation flight. It’s now heading to YVR as VN8. Or it could be a new triangle route but I highly doubt it. Most likely reason is repatriation or cargo. It is scheduled to leave YVR at 2:00pm PDT(5:00PM EDT)

4C736C33-2CCF-4250-A51B-F3C59E23699A.png

I was tracking that aircraft on Flightradar24 as it arrived this morning at YYZ from Hanoi. Here is your answer, courtesy of a tweet I found.

I also tracked another special flight that arrived at YYZ this morning. A Qatar Airways B77W arrived at YYZ this morning on another repatriation flight. Qatar will be doing three more repatriation flights, which are planned to arrive in Toronto on May 4, 6, and 8. See the tweet below that I found.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If everything is OK this summer I might spend a day spotting at YYZ. Anyone know good places to go? The one I know of is the one where the Wendy's and Petro Canada is on Airport Road at the end of Runway 23. Are there any other good places to go to?

1 hour ago, John Oke said:

If everything is OK this summer I might spend a day spotting at YYZ. Anyone know good places to go? The one I know of is the one where the Wendy's and Petro Canada is on Airport Road at the end of Runway 23. Are there any other good places to go to?

Parking at 10 Kelfield Street I found was good

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, John Oke said:

That Wendys/Petro is great if there are landing operations coming from the east to runway 23 and it's one of the more popular options. You could also try the intersection of Airport Road/Silver Dart. If planes are landing on Runway 05, you could camp out on Dixie.

Landings on 24L/24R you got a bunch of options, but Silver Dart is pretty much out of the question (no parking or sidewalks). Renforth has a sidewalk with a view of 24L, or you could find a spot in the industrial area under the 24L/24R landing area.

Of course, be safe when selecting an area.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As many know, the An-225 is coming to Pearson  on May 27 (Next Wednesday). Please stay safe and distanced if going.

3 hours ago, John Oke said:

Anyone know what this is for?

9BD817F6-EFB7-4F1A-9609-885DFB1DAC62.png

To move people/goods between Toronto and Beijing?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 9924 said:

To move people/goods between Toronto and Beijing?

Air China doesn’t fly between YYZ and PEK, they fly only to YUL and YVR

6 hours ago, John Oke said:

Air China doesn’t fly between YYZ and PEK, they fly only to YUL and YVR

Over the last couple of months there have been hundreds of "one off" flights that aren't regularly scheduled between various cities around the world by airlines that don't normally serve certain cities.  Air China has operated a few flights over the past couple of months between YYZ and PEK and will probably be operating more, in fact, B-2086 is on its way to DLC now, also a city that is not served from YYZ and the purpose of these flights is to move people/goods from one destination to another whether they are repatriation or cargo flights.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Any ideas when it’s taking off? Couldn’t make the landing because of class.

-edit, is this Tuesday departure accurate?

The AN-225 is scheduled to leave Toronto Pearson around 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM local time, tomorrow, May 31. Hope you are able to catch it! :) 

Here is a tweet with the scheduled departure time: https://twitter.com/TomPodolec/status/1266822193880674308

Note: the scheduled departure time could change last minute, or the aircraft could depart earlier/later than scheduled.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OC Transpo Route 95 said:

The AN-225 is scheduled to leave Toronto Pearson around 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM local time, tomorrow, May 31. Hope you are able to catch it! :) 

Here is a tweet with the scheduled departure time: https://twitter.com/TomPodolec/status/1266822193880674308

Note: the scheduled departure time could change last minute, or the aircraft could depart earlier/later than scheduled.

Beauty, thanks man!

• Like 1

Digging through some old photos of mine and I have this photo of an E175 from March 2012 at YYZ before it was handed over to AC Express

Reg C-FEJP

0FEEA45F-477D-4EAF-B257-363B09EF2605.jpeg

• Like 3

Not the best quality, but here’s A7-ALJ on QR768 (YYZ-DOH).  According to Flightradar24, A7-ALZ (One World Livery) operated the first QR767/768 flight.

06E9F783-535E-477B-806C-CA65D66D4F48.jpeg

DCE8C990-925F-46C5-B4C0-B5D05ADE5A1A.jpeg

AB6A24F9-17C2-4537-A3EF-B8871BD8DA7B.jpeg

6849F3D8-28C3-4B37-BA43-5A9A7859B196.jpeg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TTC7447 said:

July 11th's QR 767/768 flight was operated by A7-BAZ, a Boeing 777-300.

Talking about Qatar, I got some rumour from my friend as the expert for the aviation industry, he told me that DOH-YYZ might going to be a permanent flight as possible, it's depends for the bilaterial at between Canada and Qatar ~~

7 hours ago, Cathay 888 said:

Talking about Qatar, I got some rumour from my friend as the expert for the aviation industry, he told me that DOH-YYZ might going to be a permanent flight as possible, it's depends for the bilaterial at between Canada and Qatar ~~

As far as I am aware the Qatar DOH-YYZ-DOH was meant to be a permanent route and not temporary

It appears that Qatar has changed to using the Boeing 777-300ER on QR767/768 as they have used it the past three days

https://www.thedailystar.net/biman-bangladesh-airlines-start-dhaka-to-toronto-direct-flight-1924513

Biman Bangladesh Airlines to launch service to YYZ from Dhaka staring in October, it will either be with the 777-300 or 787-8/-9, 

they will be partnering up with Air Canada by AC offering connections to airports in New York EWR and LGA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1