Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheAverageJoe

Interjet announces new routes between Canada and Mexico

7 posts in this topic

Interjet is introducing service from Canada to Mexico this summer. Starting July 13, 2017, Interjet will fly nonstop between Montréal's–Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport  and Mexico City's Aeropuerto Internacional Benito Juárez as well as between Montréal and Cancun International Airport.

Interjet's Canada-Mexico flights will operate as follows:

Flight

From

To

Departs

Arrives

Frequency

Montréal

Mexico City

22:30

02:50

Monday, Thursday, Sunday

Mexico City

Montréal

01:15

07:10

Monday, Thursday, Sunday

Montréal

Cancun

08:30

12:00

Monday, Thursday, Sunday

Cancun

Montréal

15:35

21:00

Monday, Thursday, Sunday

Interjet's Montréal services will be operated using Airbus A320 aircraft with 150 seats. The initial schedule will be for three frequencies per week at convenient departure times.

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/interjet-announces-new-routes-between-canada-and-mexico-622292703.html

Starting July 28  Interjet will also service YYZ to both Mexico City and Cancun

It remains to be seen whether all inclusive packages will adopt this new airline or shun them. I have flown with Transat YUL-CUN in February and was very satisfied. If Interjet is the Cubana of Mexico, it's not going to fly! No pun intended. Maybe a la carte travelers will like this option. I believe that my travel agent booked us with Air Transat vacations so there is no way that they would make us fly with the competition.

It doesn't just cater to a la carte travellers. Many travellers book all inclusive vacations outside of WestJet Vacations Air Canada Vacations, Air Transt Vacations or Sunwing Vacations with sites like Expedia, I2000 or Travelocity. 

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, SMS said:

It remains to be seen whether all inclusive packages will adopt this new airline or shun them. I have flown with Transat YUL-CUN in February and was very satisfied. If Interjet is the Cubana of Mexico, it's not going to fly! No pun intended. Maybe a la carte travelers will like this option. I believe that my travel agent booked us with Air Transat vacations so there is no way that they would make us fly with the competition.

You can booked packages on their site, I have not looked to see what the prices are. You can not compare Cubana to Interjet. You really cant compare Cubana to anything in the Western world. They are worse then Allegiant 

14 hours ago, SMS said:

People will buy all inclusive packages based on price. If interjet is 25 dollars cheaper than transat people will go with the former.

Also remember that there is demand going the other way too, especially since Mexican nationals don't need a visa to visit Canada.

On 7/14/2017 at 11:28 PM, IRT_BMT_IND said:

People will buy all inclusive packages based on price. If interjet is 25 dollars cheaper than transat people will go with the former.

Also remember that there is demand going the other way too, especially since Mexican nationals don't need a visa to visit Canada.

Also lots of Mexican's are coming up to vacation here because of Trump