Max Purple looks to be in good shape during the morning rush with the new schedule. Then again, weekday mornings was previously not too bad. Weekends and weekday midday is where we should see the biggest improvements.

On a side note, I was surprised to see that all the seats were filled on 7796 by the time we left 52nd St station on the 7am trip. Seems that a decent amount of people are boarding at 70th St. I'm glad they went with that stop location instead of the originally proposed 68 St intersection. 70th St is a lot closer walking distance to the south part of Applewood which makes it a more attractive option than walking to the 87 for people travelling to/from downtown.

Another big chunk of East Hills is currently starting construction just north of the Walmart. Hopefully more people start to use the route as time goes on. It already seems to be a bit more popular than the 305 was.

Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 8.13.53 AM.png

• Like 4

https://max.questionpro.ca/

Link to survey about the MAX routes

Also random question: with the 306 replaced by MAX Teal, the 301/302 eventually replaced by the Green Line, and the 300 replaced by some sort of airport train or the Green/Blue lines, I wonder what the plan will be for the 305

13 hours ago, Blake M said:

Also random question: with the 306 replaced by MAX Teal, the 301/302 eventually replaced by the Green Line, and the 300 replaced by some sort of airport train or the Green/Blue lines, I wonder what the plan will be for the 305

Based on the RouteAhead plan, the 305 should eventually see some "in-street BRT enhancements". We'll likely see something along the lines of the Teal and Orange lines with the curbside platforms and shelters and some queue jumps at key intersections.

I do think that as the existing "BRT" lines get phased out, we should stop seeing new ones being introduced in favor of MAX lines being built from the start. For example, the new Route 23 is essentially the precursor to the future 52nd St E BRT. When the time comes, I hope we see a jump from the 23 directly to MAX rather than just a regular "BRT" line.

In the mean time, we're at this weird stage where we have a mix of the old style BRT and the new MAX.

3 hours ago, Transit Fan said:

Based on the RouteAhead plan, the 305 should eventually see some "in-street BRT enhancements". We'll likely see something along the lines of the Teal and Orange lines with the curbside platforms and shelters and some queue jumps at key intersections.

I do think that as the existing "BRT" lines get phased out, we should stop seeing new ones being introduced in favor of MAX lines being built from the start. For example, the new Route 23 is essentially the precursor to the future 52nd St E BRT. When the time comes, I hope we see a jump from the 23 directly to MAX rather than just a regular "BRT" line.

In the mean time, we're at this weird stage where we have a mix of the old style BRT and the new MAX.

I agree. I'd just like to know what colours they'll come up with for the future MAX routes 😂

2 hours ago, Blake M said:

I agree. I'd just like to know what colours they'll come up with for the future MAX routes 😂

Nenshi mentioned at the MAX Purple opening that they were looking at “MAX Magenta” for the SW line...at the same time mentioning he hated that name. 

55 minutes ago, CTrainDude said:

Nenshi mentioned at the MAX Purple opening that they were looking at “MAX Magenta” for the SW line...at the same time mentioning he hated that name. 

Haha I remember that!

Oh please please please let there be a MAX neon pink 

Nenshi also mentioned the possibility of fruits when they were coming up with names. Missed opportunity if you ask me; we could've had such some awesome tweets along the lines of:

Please be advised that MAX Pomegranate is running 40 minutes behind schedule due to heavy traffic and signalling issues.

Speaking of which, MAX Pomegranate Purple had a relatively smooth weekend with its new schedule. The extra 15 minutes added seems to have helped a lot. It did seem to be late at a few times during the day but that could've been attributed to the road conditions as well.

Weekdays were also fairly smooth last week thanks to the lengthy layovers at both ends. Given that there's no shelter at the 1 St SW stop and the horrible wind tunnel created by the buildings there, i'll gladly take a 5-10 minute wait on the bus rather than just standing there hoping it shows up on time.

• Like 2

On 2/1/2019 at 10:01 PM, Blake M said:

It's too bad the responses were only available as number ranks to specific questions/categories. I really wanted to explain why I gave the lowest possible score for changes affecting non-BRT routes … it would have been nice to specify a line and a reason.

• Like 1