12 hours ago, Vancouver said:

Was the 22 always designed to run along 14th Street? I think it is limited stop on that corridor, but there seems to be lots of duplication with the 7 when it would be faster just to run it along Crowchild Trail just like the 112 it is replacing. Plus that would save travel time to Westhills from Downtown.

The 22 routing change to 14th Street vs. Crowchild was due on part to the proposed route 51 not going ahead if I'm not mistaken

On 11/1/2019 at 12:33 AM, yvarushin said:

If anyone here has connections to the folks who designed the new rider's guide: Route 126 is mislabelled as "Bridlewood" instead of "Braeside". (I hope this PDF hasn't been sent to the printers yet, lol!)

Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 12.00.18 AM.png

• Haha 3

From the MY schedule, here is rough travel times estimates at different times of day:

Inbound

• Weekday 7am: 54 mins
  • Weekday 12pm: 49 mins
  • Weekday 4pm: 53 mins
  • Weekday 9pm: 46 mins

Outbound

• Weekday 7am: 48 mins
  • Weekday 12pm: 47 mins
  • Weekday 4pm: 54 mins
  • Weekday 9pm: 45 mins

Weekend times are similar and range from 45-52 mins depending on time of day.

I'm sure after last year's 1 and MP scheduling disaster at launch, i'd imagine the MY schedule is a bit more conservative even with the transitway in operation. Arguably, the biggest bottlenecks on the route are probably downtown, Crowchild and Glenmore.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2019 at 12:05 AM, yvarushin said:

https://www.calgary.ca/engage/Documents/Transit-Review/2019TSR-What-We-Did-Nov.PDF

• Route 786 (New): A new school route will be added to connect Woodbine to John Ware School

Although not mentioned, the 882 was added on the same day as the 786 due to overloads on the 129, which some kids used to connect to the 82 (which takes a lot longer). Connections to Nolan Hill would thus be faster from the school with a the 882 and would also ease the crush loads on the 129. In that sense I guess it was added for a similar reason to the 786.

23 hours ago, yvarushin said:

Probably because there was more of an uproar this time around lol

Surprised there was never an uproar over the SE losing service on weekends... but I can only imagine the uproar that may come in the NE, if the counter-clockwise change pattern thats already swept the NW, West and upper SW (above Fish Creek park), finally makes its turn towards the NE. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/symons-valley-calgary-construction-37-street-joe-magliocca-1.5361980

Construction crews put the finishing touches Friday morning on a new road in the city's northwest that is expected to shorten travel time and reduce traffic in the area.

Coun. Joe Magliocca said the new road has been in the works since 2013.

"It took us a very long time to acquire the property from private citizens," Magliocca said. "We finally did it, and we're so happy for this day."

The completed project connects Symons Valley Parkway between 37th Street and Symons Valley Road N.W. — a connection that serves to link the area, Magliocca said.

"It's a huge, important missing link," he said. "Our fire department and EMS and police services are going to be able now to hit more communities at a safer and faster pace."

Is CT going to potentially make more changes in the far North? I'd just imagine, if this is huge enough to change traffic and make EMS get to the neighborhood faster, transit could use it to their advantage? Especially just for the time savings, ridership purposes (it would connect two denser areas and two bigbox centres), providing an alternative to walking through the icy hills in -30, and especially: faster connections to the NE, or to at least Route 3/300/301, to minimize the crush loads to Crowfoot, amongst other final destinations.

22 minutes ago, armorand said:

Is CT going to potentially make more changes in the far North? I'd just imagine, if this is huge enough to change traffic and make EMS get to the neighborhood faster, transit could use it to their advantage? Especially just for the time savings, ridership purposes (it would connect two denser areas and two bigbox centres), providing an alternative to walking through the icy hills in -30, and especially: faster connections to the NE, or to at least Route 3/300/301, to minimize the crush loads to Crowfoot, amongst other final destinations.

The time savings for using this road would be minimal, as in it might take 30 seconds off of some routes. Plus, the condo complexes are on Sage Hill Drive, so thats where it makes sense to run the buses

Picked up some new schedules at one of the information sessions. MAX Teal will now be on a 20 minute peak/23 minutes off peak frequency. As well, i hope its made obvious to MAX Teal and 20 operators to use the transitway, its not obvious to average transit user that those routes are using the transitway.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, armorand said:

Its still non-operational yet, right? CBC did an article saying its apparently already running. If it is, it would explain why Southland had significantly less people waiting for the trains, this morning.

Lol it’s definitely not operational. There are signs everywhere that say it’s in effect December 23rd. Do you have the link to the article?

5 minutes ago, downbeat said:

I dunno … an introduction doesn’t imply “in service” to me. ?‍♂️

Using a word (introduced) in the past tense makes it sound like it has already been introduced, aka in service.

If the author wanted to say the design or structure of the MY was “introduced”, thats still incorrect, yet it might be what they tried to say.