Greater Portland Metro update

This is from Greater Portland Metro Board minutes under the General managers report 

And it states that  Greater Portland Metro in Portland Maine is getting a order of New Flyer Xcelsior buses for a 2018 delivery it didn't say how many buses that they are getting they will be getting 40' buses 

They had a bid between Gillig LLC and New Flyer Industries and it turns out that New Flyer industries won the bid to build buses for Greater Portland Metro

This will mark Portland Maine the first agency in the state of Maine to receive an order of Xcelsior buses

It's unsure if the new Xcelsiors are going to be Diesel or Hybrid Electric or CNG for there order of Xcelsiors  there will be more information on the Xcelsiors when it comes available 

Note these will be replacing there 1998 Gillig Phantom 40' 

http://gpmetrobus.net/images/Board_Meetings/Metro Board Meeting Packet_05-24-2017.pdf

IMG_4651.PNG

I just got a message via social media from Greater Portland Metro district in portland Maine and there getting 11 Xcelsiors but the order will be combined with Diesel and CNG and they will tell me on how long in length there getting they will be XD and XN models  That are comming in summer of 2018 and the amount of the XD and XN models out of the 11 buses I also asked them and waiting for confirmation on the length of the bus and the amount of Diesel and CNG 

• Like 1