CTrain - S200 (series 9) cars

LRT

That's too bad about the thread.

Yes expect more Series 9s to come.

2423 is in town and should be making it's way to the Haysbro siding next week.

2422 is on it's way from Sacramento and should be in town late next week or the week after that.

I can't explain why these cars are coming all mixed up.

Car 2420 is coupled to car 2411 and still wrapped up at Anderson

Cars 2419 2418 are being prepped for revenue service expect them in service real soon (maybe in the NE with car 2421 and 2420?) 

Car 2421 interior is being worked on and put together.

Series 9s will be running on the Blue line by the end of the month or early May.

Expect a media release about the 4 car / Series 9 on the Blue line.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, LRT said:

Expect a media release about the 4 car / Series 9 on the Blue line.

Are the power problems on the NE blue line resolved?

Anecdotally, it seems as though the NW and S legs received many more new prebuilt substations than I've seen put into place on the NE leg. But maybe they are able to upgrade the existing substations and that's enough. I really don't know. :P

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LRT said:

2418 is packed with sandbags from end to end about 2 feet high. Must be undergoing "passenger load tests" and they must still be tweaking drivability issues.

Correction.

It was car 2419

I found car 2414. Its currently coupled to cars 2419 and 2421 with a data cable going from 2414 and 2419. 2414 is spotless and definitely never seen service. It's being used as a guinea pig or something, Siemens technicians working on that consist. 

I guess 8 S200 cars are at OBMF awaiting 4 car revenue service. They should be in service on the Blue line "anyday now"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LRT said:

I found car 2414. Its currently coupled to cars 2419 and 2421 with a data cable going from 2414 and 2419. 2414 is spotless and definitely never seen service. It's being used as a guinea pig or something, Siemens technicians working on that consist. 

I guess 8 S200 cars are at OBMF awaiting 4 car revenue service. They should be in service on the Blue line "anyday now"

Do you think we will see SD160/SD160NG will be 4 car in blue line soon also?

On Sat Apr 22 2017 at 9:29 PM, LRT said:

2423 is in town and should be making it's way to the Haysbro siding next week.

2422 is on it's way from Sacramento and should be in town late next week or the week after that.

53 minutes ago, CanadianTransitTycoon said:

Spotted another wrapped s200 passing on a CPR train today.

Could be 2423 or 2422 was it a short train on its way to Haysbro? Or a full freight coming from the south?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SirFrimFram said:

Hey I'll be back in Calgary for about two weeks. How often are the S200s on the 201/Red Line these days?

Several (4-5, maybe more) keys every day, combination of 3 and 4 car. They are generally easier to find in the rush hours. About 2 keys are usually out on weekends.

29 minutes ago, SirFrimFram said:

Hey I'll be back in Calgary for about two weeks. How often are the S200s on the 201/Red Line these days?

Pretty much every day during morning and afternoon rush hour and most weekends all day.

9 minutes ago, Nick B said:

Several (4-5, maybe more) keys every day, combination of 3 and 4 car. They are generally easier to find in the rush hours. About 2 keys are usually out on weekends.

Things will be changing next week two keys will be out of the Northeast and will be less keys in the south until they get the new cars commissioned. There are five cars in Anderson right now that are being worked on. Cars 2414, 2418, 2419, 2420 and 2421. 

At least two more cars coming in the next week or so.

20 minutes ago, Chinese Daniel said:

more s200 coming, those is a best news for Calgary transit. 

Yes a total of 69 S200 cars by the end of next year.

• Like 1

I'm happy to report I was able to restore the series 9 thread from a previous backup. :)

Unfortunately, any uploaded attachments were lost and likely will not be able to be recovered.

A brief word on why this happened: the current version of our forum software does not clearly differentiate between actions applied to individual posts in a thread, and the entire thread itself. And, to compound the issue, the delete function acts permanently with no way to undo it once it's done. We've made changes to help prevent this from happening again, and the next major release of the forum software will include the option to revert deletions.

My apologies again.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, 1604 said:

I'm happy to report I was able to restore the series 9 thread from a previous backup. :)

Unfortunately, any uploaded attachments were lost and likely will not be able to be recovered.

A brief word on why this happened: the current version of our forum software does not clearly differentiate between actions applied to individual posts in a thread, and the entire thread itself. And, to compound the issue, the delete function acts permanently with no way to undo it once it's done. We've made changes to help prevent this from happening again, and the next major release of the forum software will include the option to revert deletions.

My apologies again.

I knew you could do it! 

4 car 9 at Saddletowne

Screenshot_20170501-140640.png

• Like 3