Oakville Transit

5 hours ago, TRENT_TRANSIT_SYSTEM said:

And 1701 wreaks like a dirty urinal ūüôĀ

18 hours ago, TRENT_TRANSIT_SYSTEM said:

1102 sounds particularly odd. It has a high pitch buzz/whine and sounds a lot like a Voith.... Now on 1209, I hear the difference. Is there a prob with 1102?

And you felt you had to tell us all of this? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chris W said:

And you felt you had to tell us all of this? 

Hey at least he's not telling us about how gross his Sh#$@ was this morning 

20 hours ago, TRENT_TRANSIT_SYSTEM said:

1102 sounds particularly odd. It has a high pitch buzz/whine and sounds a lot like a Voith.... Now on 1209, I hear the difference. Is there a prob with 1102?

7 hours ago, TRENT_TRANSIT_SYSTEM said:

And 1701 wreaks like a dirty urinal ūüôĀ

Only valuable information is allowed on the board. This is not valuable information. No more posting useless stuff. Thx

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, TRENT_TRANSIT_SYSTEM said:

So then the three of you can answer to all these posts then?  Lemme know why the buses A. smell bad and B. are in disrepair....

Once again, stop posting your inane rants. Stay on topic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm beginning to think that this system is starting to go downhill. 
Budget wise, recalling from last year that the overall capital and operational budgets being relatively the same, with the main monies being allocated to the new Palermo Terminal and maybe re-development of Oakville GO Station and Oakville's share to GO Transit (and/or if that's Oakville's project or GO's).
Nevertheless, from the opertional standpoint, unless OT hasn't made a big budget request for big service improvements, seems like there's nothing too much that would happen.
Furthermore, I hadnt' been paying too much attention to Town Council's views on Transit and whether they're for or against it as compared to how I have much more knowledge of Burlington Transit's situation. No matter what though, since the last system upgrade, I'm not sure what else would be done, unless if there is additional information that I can't find.
I hope things are improving overall.
Lastly, any idea at this point how many Novas per year (from 2019 to 2021) are expected?

17 hours ago, newflyerinvero said:

I'm beginning to think that this system is starting to go downhill. 
Budget wise, recalling from last year that the overall capital and operational budgets being relatively the same, with the main monies being allocated to the new Palermo Terminal and maybe re-development of Oakville GO Station and Oakville's share to GO Transit (and/or if that's Oakville's project or GO's).
Nevertheless, from the opertional standpoint, unless OT hasn't made a big budget request for big service improvements, seems like there's nothing too much that would happen.
Furthermore, I hadnt' been paying too much attention to Town Council's views on Transit and whether they're for or against it as compared to how I have much more knowledge of Burlington Transit's situation. No matter what though, since the last system upgrade, I'm not sure what else would be done, unless if there is additional information that I can't find.
I hope things are improving overall.
Lastly, any idea at this point how many Novas per year (from 2019 to 2021) are expected?

Council is, in Oakville fashion, indifferent with regards to transit. Transit isn't of interest this term. It's always just that thing they send money to year over year to get people to GO trains and do their part on the environment. It is the fact that Oakville Transit isn't really that important, that OT doesn't receive the funds and long-term support it needs to grow.

For YEARS, Oakville Transit's key goal has been to, someday, have 15-min or better frequency across the network, and work towards a grid (not really possible but okay). Unfortunately, Oakville Transit is always more or less told by the Town, 'do the best you can with what you have'. Essentially, Oakville Transit does have a lot of great, grand ideas.... But the planning is based on what OT has, as oppose to what they SHOULD get. This has consistently stiffled progress. Aforementioned in addition to poor ridership stats year over year, the Town thinks of Oakville Transit as more of an appendage than a tool.

For the time being, Oakville Transit is trying, but your observations are correct. The lack of 'how to' is greatly out stripping ambitions. Essentially, over promising, and under performing. This, leading to a cycle of further neglect and criticism. It's NOT Oakville Transit's fault, but unfortunately it isn't anyone's solution either.

• Like 1