Oakville Transit

ORION

On 10/24/2022 at 4:15 PM, newflyerinvero said:

https://www.oakvilletransit.ca/tsu-22oct19.html

Late Night Service is back, although for the one Pulse at 11:40pm from Oakville GO.

Anyone notice an hour gap in the evening between 8:37 and 10:09,missing a 9:37 trip? I had thought there'd be a 28 to Oakville GO from Bronte GO? Misprint?

I'm happy that a 9:40  evening trip was added though.

Late night service returning that's awesome after 2 years.

I caught this on the QEW near Fourth line the other day.   I guess it’s one take on what Oakville Transit could be:

4EBE62E6-EEA1-4DBD-8E13-8C09282CC6EB.thumb.jpeg.d99b8b3c40d909978452f0f7df288dce.jpeg

The part that surprises me is that someone would go to the trouble and expense of those proud OAKVILLE vanity plates and then slap them on a Ford Edge since that’s not exactly a luxury marquee appropriate to the area though.

Ex. Oakville Transit D40LF (mislabeled as a Grande West D40?????)#5105 for sale on FB marketplace. Looks like it was hastily converted to a limo bus. Listing says it's a 2005.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1389783078194117/?hoisted=false&ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ae979d44c-223c-4685-86d4-0f0417d86893

May be an image of outdoors

Maybe @ORION knows more about it?

• Root Admin
On 10/26/2022 at 6:06 PM, Orion VI said:

Ex. Oakville Transit D40LF (mislabeled as a Grande West D40?????) for sale on FB marketplace. Looks like it was hastily converted to a limo bus. Listing says it's a 2005, and unknown fleet #. 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1389783078194117/?hoisted=false&ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ae979d44c-223c-4685-86d4-0f0417d86893

May be an image of outdoors

Maybe @ORION knows more about it?

It’s #5105, parked in Stoney Creek. Hasn’t moved in a long time.

#8107 and the other retired 2007 D40LFRs have been fully stripped awaiting the auction block.

Attached shot of #8107 this morning.

E0E18AA4-0449-4800-B32E-CC7D759E847D.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2022 at 7:27 PM, G.A said:

Any idea if 1903 is being used in the Santa Claus Parade this Saturday coming up?

Oakville Transit historically, as I could also be wrong, hasn't had a Christmas bus and had it as part of their Santa Claus parade.
The main thing Santhat they'd do with a bus is to style up the bike rack with a Christmas theme and put up some pretty garland or other holiday decorations along the sides and the back. No full wrap. I doubt 1903 would be part of the parade tomorrow. Maybe it's be one of the buses used in the Santa Shuttle instead.

Which I should say that there'll be a Santa shuttle, operating every 5 minutes between 8am and the last shuttle leaves Oakville GO at 11:30am. Its terminous downtown would be the Trafalgar Community Centre.

However, any update, if any, on the statuses of 2011 XD40s #1103 & #1106?

19 hours ago, newflyerinvero said:

Oakville Transit historically, as I could also be wrong, hasn't had a Christmas bus and had it as part of their Santa Claus parade.
The main thing Santhat they'd do with a bus is to style up the bike rack with a Christmas theme and put up some pretty garland or other holiday decorations along the sides and the back. No full wrap. I doubt 1903 would be part of the parade tomorrow. Maybe it's be one of the buses used in the Santa Shuttle instead.

Which I should say that there'll be a Santa shuttle, operating every 5 minutes between 8am and the last shuttle leaves Oakville GO at 11:30am. Its terminous downtown would be the Trafalgar Community Centre.

However, any update, if any, on the statuses of 2011 XD40s #1103 & #1106?

1106 has not been out since its break down in March, but I swear I saw 1106 the day after it broke down running on a route that I did not know of, but I also did not know that 1103 was out of action.

• 3 weeks later...

Dundas Street to be closed weekday evenings starting Monday, December 12th. Oakville Transit will have a seperate shuttle operating between Oakville Trafalgar Hospital to the Dundas 407 Carpool.
The regular 5 will be going as far west as Colonel William Parkway and Dundas to connect with the 5S - Shuttle. 

https://www.oakvilletransit.ca/tsu-22nov15.html

Christmas Holiday services.  One thing that wasn't mentioned was that Monday, January 2nd will be observed New Year's Day and it looks like full weekday services will be operating on that day, minus school specials.

https://www.oakvilletransit.ca/tsu-22dec02.html

6 hours ago, newflyerinvero said:

Dundas Street to be closed weekday evenings starting Monday, December 12th. Oakville Transit will have a seperate shuttle operating between Oakville Trafalgar Hospital to the Dundas 407 Carpool.
The regular 5 will be going as far west as Colonel William Parkway and Dundas to connect with the 5S - Shuttle. 

https://www.oakvilletransit.ca/tsu-22nov15.html

Christmas Holiday services.  One thing that wasn't mentioned was that Monday, January 2nd will be observed New Year's Day and it looks like full weekday services will be operating on that day, minus school specials.

https://www.oakvilletransit.ca/tsu-22dec02.html

Yeah I heard about it on the Oakville Transit website, but the only problem the last time I checked that it was gonna start the detour and shuttle on November 28th but it got cancelled for some reason.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Train and Bus fan 20 said:

I got updates from a driver once on the route 5 at the beginning of January, and he said they were being set up in the yard, but I am not exactly sure if its true or not.

I will wait for actually confirmation.

• Like 1

• Root Admin
34 minutes ago, PrimeTio said:

Drivers aren’t a reliable source as well, most don’t know anything about fleet, retirements, and new buses but say other things which are false.

Lately, drivers are a lot more reliable than countless people on this discussion board. I trust, maybe 20 people in this entire board when it comes to reliable sources. The rest are just wasting my time and money running this board.

Anyways, the latest fleet update for Oakville is that one Karsan e-Jest was delivered this morning and will be undergoing testing/training. We are expecting a total of 15 (16 was another number that was circling around for some reason). We should have another 3 by weeks end. I spotted two of them on a flatbed passing through Oakville around 10pm saturday night heading to the dealer in Mississauga (Damera).

Electric chargers have been installed for these buses, it took about a month but they seem to be ready for use.

All retired 2007 D40LFRs (7101-7105) have been removed from property and sent to scrap. The tender for 40ft. conventional heavy duty electric buses closed today. Hopefully in a few weeks, the winner will be announced. I am personally hoping for New Flyer for variety's sake but something tells me they will not be able to fulfill the tender requirements due to the latest news coming out of the industry about their financial situation. Not looking good for them.

Nova refurbs are continuing with MTB. We are expecting the first LFS (1406) returned by mid-february with the second (1403) to follow mid-march. #2025 is still being repaired. No time frame of its return. This is probably the most extensive collision repair we have ever had done.

Sincerely,

A driver.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, ORION said:

Lately, drivers are a lot more reliable than countless people on this discussion board. I trust, maybe 20 people in this entire board when it comes to reliable sources. The rest are just wasting my time and money running this board.

Anyways, the latest fleet update for Oakville is that one Karsan e-Jest was delivered this morning and will be undergoing testing/training. We are expecting a total of 15 (16 was another number that was circling around for some reason). We should have another 3 by weeks end. I spotted two of them on a flatbed passing through Oakville around 10pm saturday night heading to the dealer in Mississauga (Damera).

Electric chargers have been installed for these buses, it took about a month but they seem to be ready for use.

All retired 2007 D40LFRs (7101-7105) have been removed from property and sent to scrap. The tender for 40ft. conventional heavy duty electric buses closed today. Hopefully in a few weeks, the winner will be announced. I am personally hoping for New Flyer for variety's sake but something tells me they will not be able to fulfill the tender requirements due to the latest news coming out of the industry about their financial situation. Not looking good for them.

Nova refurbs are continuing with MTB. We are expecting the first LFS (1406) returned by mid-february with the second (1403) to follow mid-march. #2025 is still being repaired. No time frame of its return. This is probably the most extensive collision repair we have ever had done.

Sincerely,

A driver.

Will Oakville be borrowing any Electric buses from agencies in the GTA to have operators experience the electric buses? I think I an agency did it in the past but I’m not quite sure.

32 minutes ago, ORION said:

#2025 is still being repaired. No time frame of its return. This is probably the most extensive collision repair we have ever had done.

Curious if the damage was just as bad or worse than Stratford Transit 0862.

27 minutes ago, PrimeTio said:

Will Oakville be borrowing any Electric buses from agencies in the GTA to have operators experience the electric buses? I think I an agency did it in the past but I’m not quite sure.

Oakville has had electric demonstrators stop at their garage before, like most GTHA agencies have.

• Like 1