Oakville Transit

ORION

• Root Admin
3 hours ago, JRM1000 said:

I'm sorry, maybe I missed something here. Why would the fact that they're Metrolinx order have anything to do with the colour of the destination sign? Both here in Hamilton and in Burlington there are Metrolinx LFS with white destination signs. Thanks 

The fact that the specifications were for amber LED signs for this current contract with Metrolinx. 

2 hours ago, orionbus said:

The fact that the specifications were for amber LED signs for this current contract with Metrolinx. 

Thanks for explaining that. It slipped my mind that different TA's may have different specs.

Have a great weekend!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

FLEET UPDATE:

1701-1706 (6 nova buses not 7 as originally predicted) are due this fall. There's a significant delay in the production schedule at Nova apparently. 1707-1709 (3 Vicinity buses) are almost ready for service. They should hit the road this coming week. Another 8 Vicinity buses are due February 2018. It appears Orion VII 4105 may be retired as well. I'm hearing the sole blue bird 8109 will stick around for now, unless something major fails on it. It isn't sounding the best lately... so we will see how long it actually lasts.

SEON was the successful company in winning the tender for interior/exterior cameras on our buses. This project should begin installation later this year. There will be some High-Definition cameras coming with our package, but apparently they're on back order, causing the general delay.

Look for some modifications to route 14 this coming September. A new "14A" will begin service labor day weekend, and route 17 will be discontinued. 

On 7/15/2017 at 2:47 PM, orionbus said:

FLEET UPDATE:

1701-1706 (6 nova buses not 7 as originally predicted) are due this fall. There's a significant delay in the production schedule at Nova apparently. 1707-1709 (3 Vicinity buses) are almost ready for service. They should hit the road this coming week. Another 8 Vicinity buses are due February 2018. It appears Orion VII 4105 may be retired as well. I'm hearing the sole blue bird 8109 will stick around for now, unless something major fails on it. It isn't sounding the best lately... so we will see how long it actually lasts.

SEON was the successful company in winning the tender for interior/exterior cameras on our buses. This project should begin installation later this year. There will be some High-Definition cameras coming with our package, but apparently they're on back order, causing the general delay.

Look for some modifications to route 14 this coming September. A new "14A" will begin service labor day weekend, and route 17 will be discontinued. 

Thanks for the info! Should be easier to see the Vicinity in service. With the 2018 order is it just the Vicinity or will there be a different order for 40 foot.

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, TRENT_TRANSIT_SYSTEM said:

Saw an '08 LFR ghost white, nothing at all on it, leave Bronte GO at 17:15. Which was this? How many are ghost white now?

Probably 9109, which is a 2009. It returned last week from New Flyer. More than likely doing a road test with a mechanic.

• Like 1

• Root Admin
8 hours ago, newflyerinvero said:

9106, 9111, to which I havent seen on the tracker nor my own sight for several weeks. In the case of 9111, a month and a half, maybe more. 9115 for a few weeks anyway.

Would assume that they're all at New Flyer being refurbed/rebuilt.

9106 and 9115 are currently at New Flyer.

On 7/16/2017 at 9:40 PM, TTC 9701 said:

Thanks for the info! Should be easier to see the Vicinity in service. With the 2018 order is it just the Vicinity or will there be a different order for 40 foot.

On 7/15/2017 at 3:47 PM, orionbus said:

Given that currently both the 14 and 17 operate at every half hour 7 days a week, would create a 15-minute frequency 7-days-a-week and would this this 14A travel the full route to Appleby GO or say, South Oakville Centre?

On 7/22/2017 at 8:08 PM, newflyerinvero said:

Given that currently both the 14 and 17 operate at every half hour 7 days a week, would create a 15-minute frequency 7-days-a-week and would this this 14A travel the full route to Appleby GO or say, South Oakville Centre?

From when I last rode the 17, it didn't seem like even 30 minute headways was justified. Bear in mind that that was a while ago. 

Alternating half-hourly between a 14 via Trafalgar & a 14A via Kerr? 

12 hours ago, J. Bullock said:

From when I last rode the 17, it didn't seem like even 30 minute headways was justified. Bear in mind that that was a while ago. 

Alternating half-hourly between a 14 via Trafalgar & a 14A via Kerr? 

I've only been on the 17 maybe once this month. Well, maybe once a month at least. Single-digit amount of riders on board. I do'n treally remember when I was on those runs. However I think that there still may be a need for half-hour service on Kerr.

Your proposal would mean that the base service would mean the portion along Renoylds (not Trafalgar) and Kerr would be hourly. It may seem as if that at least the Renoylds has a bit more of an established half-hour type ridership base, not 15-minute type.

4 hours ago, newflyerinvero said:

I've only been on the 17 maybe once this month. Well, maybe once a month at least. Single-digit amount of riders on board. I do'n treally remember when I was on those runs. However I think that there still may be a need for half-hour service on Kerr.

Your proposal would mean that the base service would mean the portion along Renoylds (not Trafalgar) and Kerr would be hourly. It may seem as if that at least the Renoylds has a bit more of an established half-hour type ridership base, not 15-minute type.

Would a 20 minute headway be possible? I'm not sure of the runtime, every 3rd bus could be a 14 via Kerr

12 hours ago, orionbus said:

Looks like there was a last minute change of plans regarding the cancellation of 17 and 14 modifications... Will have to wait and see what planning department come up with now.

Thank you for this post.  Hopefully, it will discourage the needless speculation in this thread and we will wait for any official announcement from OT of the changes, if any.

• Like 1

• Root Admin

Brief fleet update:

All three (3) 2017 GWT Vicinity buses #1707-1709 are in service now. We are expecting 8 more of these by February 2018. We are expecting a late delivery of 6 Nova LFS buses by the fall.

Orion VII 4102 suffered a front end collision this week and apparently the appraisal for repairs is not worth it, and will be decommissioned. 4105 has now been parked as well. This now leaves 6 out of 13 Orion VIIs left in service. 4101, 4106, 4109, 4110, 4111 and 4113.

D40LFR 9109 is now back in service from refurb. 9106 and 9115 are currently getting done at New Flyer in arnprior, ON.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2017 at 2:42 PM, Jan Boic said:

Brief fleet update:

All three (3) 2017 GWT Vicinity buses #1707-1709 are in service now. We are expecting 8 more of these by February 2018. We are expecting a late delivery of 6 Nova LFS buses by the fall.

Orion VII 4102 suffered a front end collision this week and apparently the appraisal for repairs is not worth it, and will be decommissioned. 4105 has now been parked as well. This now leaves 6 out of 13 Orion VIIs left in service. 4101, 4106, 4109, 4110, 4111 and 4113.

D40LFR 9109 is now back in service from refurb. 9106 and 9115 are currently getting done at New Flyer in arnprior, ON.

Given that there are now 6 VIIs left, I'd think that the Novas in the fall (6 of those) would be an even 1:1 replacement. What I am more curious about are the 8 additional Vicinitys scheduled for arrival in February next year. Would those be partial replacements for the 2005's (including 5106) and/or all expansions? 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2017 at 7:26 AM, doug_oak said:

Thank you for this post.  Hopefully, it will discourage the needless speculation in this thread and we will wait for any official announcement from OT of the changes, if any.

Route 14 will be modified September 2017 so that every 2nd bus travels via Burloak Drive (14A) instead of Great Lakes Drive (14), during weekdays before 7pm and Saturdays before 8pm. No words on changes to route 17.

http://oakvilletransit.ca/tsu-17aug02.html

On 8/9/2017 at 8:34 AM, doug_oak said:

3 of the 4 peak buses on 3-Third Line were 30 footers this morning, and an unusual mix of old and new - new Vicinity 1707 and 1708, along with the last remaining Bluebird 8109.

Keep in mind that there are 2 buses hat come out for peak to join with the other two from the midday. One of those Vicinity buses was also a midday bus.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2017 at 5:18 AM, Jan Boic said:

It appears they have decided to repair accident victim 4102 after all. Seems they're going the cheapest route supplying parts from 4105. It has been sent to MTB.

Over the last few days, 4102 has been in service according to the tracker. Have seen it in service too late late week but forgot what route it was on.

• 2 weeks later...

Over the past week and a bit, 9106, a recent returnee from New Flyer refurbishment, has been in service. No sign of 9115 as of yet. Have there been other 2009's sent out to Arnprior recently?

Considering that as of September 2016 was Year 1 of the 5-year Service Plan, was service returning to Burloak Drive and the new Home To Hub service in southeast Oakville part of Year 2? Anyone know what other plans are part of Years 3, 4 and 5? Any more major route changes to come?

• Root Admin
4 hours ago, newflyerinvero said:

Over the past week and a bit, 9106, a recent returnee from New Flyer refurbishment, has been in service. No sign of 9115 as of yet. Have there been other 2009's sent out to Arnprior recently?

9115 returned from New Flyer a good 2 weeks ago and has not moved an inch. Still white.