Oakville Transit

ORION

4 hours ago, orionbus said:

Due to an error on my part, the original thread from 2007 was accidentally deleted completely. This is the new thread effective immediately. Enjoy and apologies to all members.

RIP 2007-2017..

Well new thread new start! To some that did not know, 1610 was on display at the OTE this year.

33855997311_30a05d6ef3_k.thumb.jpg.956c991bd6d5c3fde8bc46f8b8b2d6cc.jpg

• Like 4

• Root Admin

As previously mentioned, 2003 Orion VII 4108 has been decommissioned. I came in this morning to find out 2008 Blue Bird UltraLF 8108 has also now been decommissioned. There must have been an expensive repair that wasn't worth the expense. This now leaves 8109 as the only Blue Bird left in service. 8 Orion VII left in service as well...for now.

• Like 2

As previously mentioned, 2003 Orion VII 4108 has been decommissioned. I came in this morning to find out 2008 Blue Bird UltraLF 8108 has also now been decommissioned. There must have been an expensive repair that wasn't worth the expense. This now leaves 8109 as the only Blue Bird left in service. 8 Orion VII left in service as well...for now.

Once 8109 retires that will leave Burlington the last system with the Ultra LF. Now after hearing that Oakville may have dropped out of the Metrolinx Consortium that leaves me with what the next year order would be after this final batch of Novas and Vicinities.

• Root Admin

Once 8109 retires that will leave Burlington the last system with the Ultra LF. Now after hearing that Oakville may have dropped out of the Metrolinx Consortium that leaves me with what the next year order would be after this final batch of Novas and Vicinities.

Eight (8) Vicinity buses next year. 30ft orders going forward for the time being.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin
18 minutes ago, TRENT_TRANSIT_SYSTEM said:

Certainly wasn't a 6100, but it had a proper pair of gasket sealed windows on the front doors.

Either 9101 or 9102 returning from refurbishment. 9103 was sent out today.

20 hours ago, TRENT_TRANSIT_SYSTEM said:

What D40LF just shipped to Oakville Transit on a flatbed today? Unpainted, no numbers at 2:20pm.

You had me thinking they did a second hand buy. the D40LFR's are coming back in he ghost livery.

2 hours ago, Chris W said:

You do know I said 9100 not 6100 right?

Could be a 71, 81, or 91...but sounds like everyone agrees its a 9100.

2 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

You had me thinking they did a second hand buy. the D40LFR's are coming back in he ghost livery.

Ooops...yeah I typed LF... Meant LFR. But yeah, they come off the highway by my work on flatbeds all white.

• Root Admin

We are expecting the new Vicinity buses this month (within the next 3 weeks or so). I'm told the 7 Nova LFS will be delivered late summer/early fall at this point. A few slight modifications to this batch of Vicinity buses. Nothing really cosmetically noticeable other than white LED luminator signs.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, orionbus said:

We are expecting the new Vicinity buses this month (within the next 3 weeks or so). I'm told the 7 Nova LFS will be delivered late summer/early fall at this point. A few slight modifications to this batch of Vicinity buses. Nothing really cosmetically noticeable other than white LED luminator signs.

Thats great news! Hopefully they will be out more often. I do wonder if they will be numbered 1701-1704 or 1708-1711.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin
17 hours ago, Hybrid0920 said:

Three of Oakvilles brand new Vicinity buses just turned onto Dorval Drive heading to the Oakville Transit Garage. They are ghost white, with white LED signage. 

They will be numbered #1701-1703. Initial reports were for 4 to be delivered but actually only 3. The Nova LFS buses will be #1704-1710, and will come with orange LED signage because they're metrolinx order. Everything delivered going forward will have white LED according to maintenance staff. 

• Like 2

On 2017-06-29 at 8:21 AM, orionbus said:

They will be numbered #1701-1703. Initial reports were for 4 to be delivered but actually only 3. The Nova LFS buses will be #1704-1710, and will come with orange LED signage because they're metrolinx order. Everything delivered going forward will have white LED according to maintenance staff. 

I'm sorry, maybe I missed something here. Why would the fact that they're Metrolinx order have anything to do with the colour of the destination sign? Both here in Hamilton and in Burlington there are Metrolinx LFS with white destination signs. Thanks