On 12/27/2019 at 7:13 PM, GojiMet86 said:

At first glance, the bottom looks like it reads Colombia......but I remember that there's a state in Mexico called Colima, and sure enought that little green patch on the plate is actually part of the plate.

71LVU91pCiL._SX425_.jpg

@GojiMet86 I browsed around for a quick sec and found this site: https://yucalandia.com/2013/05/12/official-mexican-government-website-for-checking-license-plates/ which lead me to this site: http://www2.repuve.gob.mx:8080/ciudadania/servletconsulta The site gave me the serial and registration date! That is Ex-Muni D902 4615 registered on 9/26/2006! Man life is good sometimes. :)

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, anyfong said:

Not my sighting, but worthy to share this Russian Lada, complete with Russian plates, seen in Michigan.

Michigan doesn't use front plates.  I wonder if this is just a booster plate, with a Michigan plate on the rear of the Lada.  Here in Ottawa, I see a lot of Quebec-registered Volkswagens, Audis and Mercedeses with German front plates, for instance.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 9/29/2021 at 2:38 PM, tomsbuspage said:

Yesterday, I spotted a camper van with Austrian plates parked in my neighbourhood.  The crest on the plate indicates that the van is registered in Vienna ("Wien") and there is also a CD sticker, denoting the diplomatic corps.

The camper is still there so I took a couple of photos:

438034249_IMG_0163.edit11.thumb.jpg.9d70eca421a40037d3c1f9d937fe8fb5.jpg808377018_IMG_0164.edit11.thumb.jpg.392f7ddc513fd64fc2729db5a4cde0ee.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw two things I didn't get a chance to post here.

1. Iconic Yellow Lamborghini Huracan. Seen outside of one of the local ALDI locations near the Food4Less.

2. Jet-black Jaguar XF seen going southbound on State-13 near the local BNSF Railroad yard.

Also saw some old-style license plates, just about one from all 50 states.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

While on the Tyendinaga Mohawk Reserve on Monday I spotted a van passing me with Czech Republic plates on. I was stopped in traffic so was able to look at the back as it went past and did not see another jurisdiction's plates on it. Sorry, no photo as I did not have the camera with me.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Found something online, Rare Fuel Cell Hyundai Trailer Head Truck (with California license plate brought brand new from the dealership) has been testing across the USA and entire North America. Hope Hyundai USA will offer their diesel engine trucks (HD Series, Mighty and H-100) into their TV commercials and newspaper someday including their Hyundai USA  factories. 

2023_oct31_unitrans_018.jpg 2 Photo credits goes to Michael Strauch, used with his permission. Taken yesterday. 

2023_oct31_unitrans_073.jpg And old English Double Decker bus with the European license plates owned by Unitrans. Imported second hand from England for USA Grey Market federal requirements for vehicles 25 years and up. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Found this on YT by Auto Auction Rebuilds and Monkey Wrench Mike respectively 

1987 Nissan BE-1 Private JDM Import in Oklahoma state. Right Hand Drive and rare find in USA. 

And from Too Many Projects Garage on YT as well

1992 Suzuki Alto Private JDM Import with the Japanese Licence Plate in Oklahoma. The person in the video had ended up making his own new interior parts using his new 3D printer due to the lack of JDM parts in the USA. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/3/2021 at 9:31 PM, tomsbuspage said:

The camper is still there so I took a couple of photos:

438034249_IMG_0163.edit11.thumb.jpg.9d70eca421a40037d3c1f9d937fe8fb5.jpg808377018_IMG_0164.edit11.thumb.jpg.392f7ddc513fd64fc2729db5a4cde0ee.jpg

It’s got a cd sticker but that’s not an Austrian diplomatic plate, it’s a standard Vienna plate.

Austrian diplomatic plates have a WD suffix, and Canadian Embassy plates all start WD 14-......

On 10/21/2021 at 12:49 PM, tomsbuspage said:

The camper now has red Ontario diplomatic plates.  It looks as if it's going to be staying for a while!

Austrian dip!

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...