2311 2310 and 2329 Damaged Series 8 cars

LRT

I think this discussion deserves its own thread As We Know cars 2311 2310 derailed at the Tuscany tail track and car 2311 has been officially written off damaged beyond repair. 2311 is currently stored at OBMF cut in half and under a tarp.

Thought I would update everybody with the two remaining cars. 

Some good news today, car 2310 recieved new A, B and C bogies and has been parked on a storage track. Car 2329 is currently in the shop with bogies removed. Lots of work to be done on these cars including Body work and new paint as they're pretty banged up I'll keep everybody posted on news on these cars.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Mark Walton said:

Is either end of 2311 salvageable? Can it maybe be "2090'd" with a new opposite end, or one from another car?

Unfortunately its damaged beyond belief and repair. The frame is toast. Its cut, bent, twisted ect. 

The city has paid out Calgary Transit what it's worth ($4 million) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The two halves of 2311 are outside of OBMF.  Not sure if they're going to be hauled away soon or not...

Here's a rather crappy long distance shot I took with my iPhone...

Jon

IMG_5719.JPG

Maybe... or maybe the tarp finally blew away

16 minutes ago, Chinese Daniel said:

2311 still in Oliver Bowen Maintenance Facility, waiting get Dismantling。

I don't think they have any plans to dismantle that car yet. I simply think the tarp blew way. 

They should make some sort of "trainer car" out of it for CPS and CFD.

It would be cool to see a permanently positioned training class room for that purpose. It could even be used in LRT training for door malfunctions, troubleshooting passenger emergencies, things that the simulator can't duplicate.

1 minute ago, LRT said:

I don't think they have any plans to dismantle that car yet. I simply think the tarp blew way. 

They should make some sort of "trainer car" out of it for CPS and CFD.

It would be cool to see a permanently positioned training class room for that purpose. It could even be used in LRT training for door malfunctions, troubleshooting passenger emergencies, things that the simulator can't duplicate.

That is a good idea, i agree give the Car to CPS or CFD,  for example CFD can use that car for Rescue training,CPS can use the car for Alberta Law Enforcement Response Team training.

• 4 weeks later...

Cars 2310 and 2329 are in the body shop undergoing body work. Car 2310 has received a new "A end" cab and the old one is sitting on a bus lane and Anderson. They're doing a lot of work on these two cars pretty much a body refurb new paint and stuff... hopefully we'll see them in service soon.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just an update on these cars:

I seen 2310 and 2329 today at Anderson garage. Bodywork looks to be complete they look brand new again! Lots if work to be done on these cars before we see them back in the Revenue Service. Both cars are still fitted with there temporary couplers. 

I spoke to another operator that's pretty knowledgeable about what's going on with these cars (and other stuff).... I guess they're bogies and 2310 t-box is being rebuilt. (t-boxes hold the trains electronic stuff 2310s t-box turned into an accordion when it derailed)   

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

2329 has new couplers, paint looks new again! Appears to be having some final touches done to it hopefully be back in service sometime soon enough

2310s body work has been completed... still fitted with temporary couplers and no bogeys it's sitting on temporary orange wheel sets so it can be able to get around in the shop. Lots of work to be done on that car still....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...