roeco

Saskatchewan Transportation Shutting Down!!

7 hours ago, roeco said:

hmm i wonder where we will see most of these coaches/trailers end up...sure an interesting variety for sure.

Greyhound should really buy the D4505s 

13 hours ago, dev161 said:

Greyhound should really buy the D4505s 

anything thats auto with even an  engine rebuild for sure, plus alot of coaches already have Wifi in them...theirs alot of coaches that could be a good addition to Greyhound, trailers too, since their the exact same configuration as Greyhound! 

All 45 coaches, & 31trailers have now been listed. The only coach not listed is 909 the last D4505 purchased. It will be interesting to see if Hilco posts the results of this bidding process.       It would also be interesting to know what the final disposition of the Western Flyer Historical coach is.

1 hour ago, TheAverageJoe said:

Who bought them?

I would be interested in also what are they going to be used for??

1 hour ago, TheAverageJoe said:

Who bought them?

On 3/30/2018 at 8:24 PM, TheAverageJoe said:

Who bought them?

Is that the 5 ton that STC had behind them?? Apparently theirs been several ex STC bus/trailers spotted in Airdrie passing through, but to where?? Not alot of companies would have a lot of use for a bus/trailer combo except of course Greyhound or Maybe Tofino Bus on the Island??

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:32 AM, roeco said:

Is that the 5 ton that STC had behind them?? Apparently theirs been several ex STC bus/trailers spotted in Airdrie passing through, but to where?? Not alot of companies would have a lot of use for a bus/trailer combo except of course Greyhound or Maybe Tofino Bus on the Island??

I know for sure #778 was sold to a bus company in Calgary, Alberta. Perhaps indeed Greyhound as they were (still are?) based in Calgary. Does anyone know which company in Calgary?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Swadian said:

I know for sure #778 was sold to a bus company in Calgary, Alberta. Perhaps indeed Greyhound as they were (still are?) based in Calgary. Does anyone know which company in Calgary?

Pacific Western and their Diversified division

• Like 1

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎10 at 9:32 PM, NeOn Bus Rider said:

hmm interesting didn't know Pacific Western was looking for used coaches. And if Greyhound bought some it wouldn't surprise me at all as they are short good coaches and trailers would be a bonus too. 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:32 PM, NeOn Bus Rider said:

All of the STC units?

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:32 PM, NeOn Bus Rider said:

I  wonder what use Pacific Western would have for trailers...or if their planning something bigger?

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:04 AM, roeco said:

I  wonder what use Pacific Western would have for trailers...or if their planning something bigger?

He said that Pacific Western Diversified purchase #778. They did not necessarily purchase the trailers. The trailer hitch can be removed or left as it is without pulling a trailer.

On 5/30/2018 at 5:29 PM, Swadian said:

He said that Pacific Western Diversified purchase #778. They did not necessarily purchase the trailers. The trailer hitch can be removed or left as it is without pulling a trailer.

I do know that PW does buy used buses and buying STC buses is not a bad idea and closer to Alberta than buying ex-GO buses. It could be anyone who has bought them.

A late model D Coach was spotted near the Boston, MA area. Cannot get the unit number or the new operator's name. It just has the Saskatchewan Transportation livery but no vinyl lettering. I heard Prince Albert Northern Bus Lines and Moose Mountain Bus Tours each bought a few.