Sign in to follow this  
TheAverageJoe

Muni Heritage Weekend 2017

Muni Heritage Weekend Confirmed for Sept. 9-10

Muni Heritage Weekend

March 16, 2017

Muni Heritage Weekend Confirmed for Sept. 9-10

P1060086-1024x768.jpg

Mark it down in ink. Muni’s annual Heritage Weekend has now been confirmed for September 9-10, 2017.

This year marks the centennial of Muni as a bus operator, and we will be working with Muni to showcase several of its historic buses, in addition to the usual array of special vintage streetcars and cable cars that will operate that weekend.

Operating hours will be 10 a.m. until about 5 p.m.  The action will be centered again around our San Francisco Railway Museum, across from the Ferry Building, where our exhibit on the transition from streetcars to buses in San Francisco will take center stage. More details will be forthcoming as they develop, but our Market Street Railway members can count on some special events, including a reception and charter for our more generous members and donors on Thursday evening, September 7, and special riding opportunities for all our members outside the regular weekend operation. Again, details to come on this.

http://www.streetcar.org/tag/muni-heritage-weekend/

Even though I cannot make it this year, I really hope they try to keep it on a specific weekend in the future rather than constantly changing it (first week in November, last week in September, etc.). Many of the people who attend work in the transit industry and sign for their holidays a year in advance so they really should try to pick a weekend, and stick with it.

1 hour ago, Seashore_518203 said:

Even though I cannot make it this year, I really hope they try to keep it on a specific weekend in the future rather than constantly changing it (first week in November, last week in September, etc.). Many of the people who attend work in the transit industry and sign for their holidays a year in advance so they really should try to pick a weekend, and stick with it.

Same thing, It was was like last year it would have been the weekend before the MBS fall convention but when they keep moving it around its hard to pre plan to go ;(