STM 21-2XX Retirement Watch

Gerbil

On 25/01/2018 at 9:11 PM, Gerbil said:

I wouldn't consider them that special. Aside from the destination signs and a few other minor details, they're very similar to the 2002, 2003, and 2004 models. Personally, it's the activity of tracking them that I find most fun. We probably won't be able to have these types of threads once the STM releases its GTFS real time data. 

Good luck and have fun! I don't foresee shutting down any threads unless there is a complete degeneration of the topic, etc.

11 hours ago, SMS said:

Good luck and have fun! I don't foresee shutting down any threads unless there is a complete degeneration of the topic, etc.

Thanks! I'm sure we'll have threads tracking which buses are retired for future series, but I mean that the GTFS real time data will allow us to find out which buses are in service without having to actually go out and take sightings. It'll definitely be a more effective way for tracking buses, just it lacks the element of surprise. :(

1 hour ago, Gerbil said:

Thanks! I'm sure we'll have threads tracking which buses are retired for future series, but I mean that the GTFS real time data will allow us to find out which buses are in service without having to actually go out and take sightings. It'll definitely be a more effective way for tracking buses, just it lacks the element of surprise. :(

Not necesserly , it always depend IF the STM include bus number inside their real time info avaliable ... For exemple RTC is not (for now)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2018-04-18 at 8:47 PM, MTL66 said:

21-268 was the only active unit. My contact that was at Stinson went back to St-Laurent when it reopened in January

So my understanding is that 21-268 is the only one active? They retired these fast. I remember going to Montréal in September and seeing lots of 21-xxx buses on the 161. Now all I see are 22-xxx and up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...