Mobile Fare Payment & TVM Replacement

Quite the client list on Masabi's site! Their system also integrates right into the Transit App for ticket purchases, which is super smart and convenient. (And would you look at that -- St Catherines Transit uses a white labeled version of the Transit App just like Calgary ;))

Here are the actual readers that are being installed: https://www.access-is.com/products/val100

Mentions supporting NFC so hopefully that's something we can move towards in the future.

• Like 1

8018 has a reader. On a side note, I've noticed the readers are not very sensitive to the QR codes, given that it takes at least 2 or 3 times before the readers actually scan them and display a message on the screen.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, armorand said:

Too bad Calgary Transit doesnt use cryptocurrency for fare payments and monthly passes. That would be interesting to see... plus helps keep Calgary Transit edgy and innovative. ?

In the time it takes for you to take your phone out, the fare would've either doubled or be 50% off!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On my recent visit, I didn't ride any buses with readers. Also, I tried to register for MyFare, but was told they're not accepting may more participants at this time.

When it does roll out, visitors will be able to use it, and I can pre-load a day pass onto my phone or push it from my laptop. As it is, since they did away with preprinted day passes a few years ago I have to keep tickets handy for my first trip each day, until I can get to a CTrain station and get a day pass. 

BTW, what forms of payment are accepted?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark Walton said:

On my recent visit, I didn't ride any buses with readers. Also, I tried to register for MyFare, but was told they're not accepting may more participants at this time.

When it does roll out, visitors will be able to use it, and I can pre-load a day pass onto my phone or push it from my laptop. As it is, since they did away with preprinted day passes a few years ago I have to keep tickets handy for my first trip each day, until I can get to a CTrain station and get a day pass. 

BTW, what forms of payment are accepted?

If you're talking about the MyFare app, I assume debit/credit. If you're talking about TVM's, coin and debit/credit.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
14 hours ago, TimmyC62 said:

Anyone know what triggers the fare readers' twin white LEDs to turn on and off while the bus is in motion?

From my observations on the 43, i suggest it might be inclination of the vehicle, travel speed, and power being drawn from the engines. I noticed it becoming almost a strobe light, going up 58 Ave past the hotel... definitely has something to do with the vehicle in motion. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...