Transit in Vancouver: Questions and Answers

Enviro 500

Quite a few orions haven't seen service for a month or more, which is completely normal, even if they aren't getting refurbished (in fact, some of them already are). Last year, 9205 wasn't seen for 11 months, then out of the blue resumed work at PTC.

Currently the orions that haven't seen service in the past few weeks include:

9201, 9202, 9218, 9231, 9232, 9246, 9250, 9255, 9257, 9262, and 9269 (I originally put 9206 in this list, but looks like that one came back as of today)

I agree with Dr. BusFreak that this is a pointless and unnecessary topic - in the future, try find an existing topic that may be relevant to your question (for example, the bus retirement thread or even the generic questions about translink thread). We appreciate it ;)

Edit: that being said, if you ever go past RTC/HTC and DO see an orion parked in the retirement lanes, and no one else has mentioned it yet, that would be a fine time to start a generic topic related to the retirement of orions. As sad as I am about it, that will probably be within the next couple of year or so...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renee said:

How can I meet up with some of you guys?  I'm at Coquitlam central right now waiting for 169, then Skytrain to 22nd st Stn, then 410 to Aberdeen mall.

O god I was going to go but never mind I hate being with other random people for some reason.

10 minutes ago, buizel10 said:

O god I was going to go but never mind I hate being with other random people for some reason.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that :(

I'm outside HTC now waiting for the 410 back to 22nd st Stn.  Maybe another time? 

4 hours ago, Renee said:

Sorry I missed it >_<

What was it? 

You didn't miss it; there was a formatting error with my post that took me a few minutes to fix.

If you want to meet with people from this forum, you should attend transit-related events (TRAMS excursions, the first day of a new route or last day of an outgoing route). Blindly asking to meet with people you don't know is pretty unorthodox and is unlikely to result in success; you'll have to work on establishing some sort of a connection through some other means before people feel comfortable meeting.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Renee said:

I'm sorry it came off that way.  I attend as many events as I can, but I've been away for the past six months.  I'm a bit of an extrovert, and there may well be others on this forum. 

There is no need to apologize; you're not doing anything wrong. I'm just trying to get you to understand why people may be a bit apprehensive about meeting up. If there are people you already know, I think you'd be better off consulting with them as opposed to trying to establish something new with strangers online.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Citaro said:

There is no need to apologize; you're not doing anything wrong. I'm just trying to get you to understand why people may be a bit apprehensive about meeting up. If there are people you already know, I think you'd be better off consulting with them as opposed to trying to establish something new with strangers online.

Adding on, TRAMS charters are a really good start if you want to meet up with fans of all ages.

1 of the admins drives out of HTC and 2 other former board members (also friends of mine) are also operators; One of whom created the general sightings thread. The other was featured on the Vancouver Sun a few months back.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, buizel10 said:

But it isn't.

58 minutes ago, buizel10 said:

Maybe we should make like a thread and have like official CPTDB foam sessions.

4 hours ago, Renee said:

I'm sorry it came off that way.  I attend as many events as I can, but I've been away for the past six months.  I'm a bit of an extrovert, and there may well be others on this forum. 

Funny how you guys are talking about this now. There was a topic I created a long time ago, to see if it was possible to meet up with other foamers.

Used to post in there occasionally. Go for broke I guess.

41 minutes ago, translink said:

Funny how you guys are talking about this now. There was a topic I created a long time ago, to see if it was possible to meet up with other foamers.

Used to post in there occasionally. Go for broke I guess.

Yeah buts it's not Vancouver only :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buizel10 said:

Yeah buts it's not Vancouver only :D

That may be true, but it's better than cluttering up a topic with useless posts. The way I met up with people, was I sent them private messages if I thought they were okay/decent human beings. It's not perfect... but the people you meet may also surprise you. 

• Like 2

How often does the Burrard Pacific Breeze sail? It may be mere coincidence but when I am in Vancouver it always seems to be the Beaver and the Otter II. But I'm not in Vancouver near enough to make any meaningful observations about use. 

12 minutes ago, Peter M said:

Why is RTC getting D60LF's from BTC?

Because VTC got its roof fairings for the 49 and they didnt want those on the 620 in Richmond.

Just kidding.

The only reason me and a former member thought of is for mileage balance.