Feature Photo Submissions

On 10/18/2017 at 9:08 PM, OR Transit Fan said:

Lane Transit District 16204, a 2016 New Flyer XDE60. These 5 buses are the newest in the LTD fleet and have amenities such as USB Charging ports, they have rear windows, and they wear a new paint scheme.

Your photo is up for the current week!

• Like 4

19 hours ago, 43 Kennedy said:

York Region Transit 2003 Orion V # 309 laying over at the Finch GO Bus terminal next to D40LF # 923 in anticipation for a PM run on the 303 Bur Oak Express.

This series was recently retired by the YRT completely earlier in the month, closing the book of High Floor transit in the Greater Toronto Area.

20140201_205555edited.jpg

Taken August 2017

How did this not get chosen? You put up a feature photo for the retirement of the one of the worst buses EVER (EZ Rider), but nothing for the last Orion V in the GTA.

Not saying that chosen photo is bad, but come on. Something with a little more significance please?

6 hours ago, FlyerLFR said:

How did this not get chosen? You put up a feature photo for the retirement of the one of the worst buses EVER (EZ Rider), but nothing for the last Orion V in the GTA? Disgrace to transit heritage.

Not saying that chosen photo is bad, but come on. Something with a little more significance please?

Apologies, I missed the significance of the Orion V shot. I'll get it up next week instead. Thanks for the feedback.

32 minutes ago, 1604 said:

Apologies, I missed the significance of the Orion V shot. I'll get it up next week instead. Thanks for the feedback.

Even though its not my photo, I very much appreciate your decision to put up the photo. I would like to thank you for recognizing the retirement of such an important bus.

8 hours ago, FlyerLFR said:

How did this not get chosen? You put up a feature photo for the retirement of the one of the worst buses EVER (EZ Rider), but nothing for the last Orion V in the GTA? Disgrace to transit heritage.

There are various reasons why a feature photo is selected. It doesn't just go by the amount of significance a bus has. Other factors include the photo quality, and the location where the bus was when it was photographed matters as well. Of course you do have the right to ask why a certain photo was not selected, but calling it a disgrace to transit heritage isn't really the appropriate term to use IMO. Yes, I do agree it is the right time to have a shot of a YRT Orion V as the feature photo for a week as like you said, their significance is being the last high floor buses in the GTA and they just retired. However asking the admins "Something with a little more significance please?" seems a bit disrespectful. I have had my photos get rejected in the past even though I thought it was significant at that time to be posted, but I respected the admins' decisions on the photo they chose in the end. It's a feature photo submission which means you are entering a contest and its up to the judges to choose. 

Transit heritage isn't just about the best buses ever made. Buses that performed the worst in its lifetime are also part of the history. All buses ever produced are part of history and is part of the transit heritage regardless of how well it performed. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Chris W said:

And @FlyerLFR, that's now three threads you've successfully derailed in one day. I didn't think that was possible. Enough is enough.

How is it my fault if everytime I post something, people start posting memes? I challenge you to pick out one thing that was actually my fault.

@1604 I would like to make a submission for the Feature Photo. In light of the recent retirement of high floor transit buses in the Greater Toronto Area, I would like to submit York Region Transit 306, at Yonge Street and Steeles Avenue, doing route 301 Markham Express. This photo was taken in May 2016.

102_2605.thumb.jpg.3814c78590a1fbb9a7bddf06630acaee.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Given some of the recent "discussion", I figured I'd submit a couple of topical images.

0008-YRT620.thumb.jpg.642b7650ec69b1cf156fef874faa5fc9.jpg
YRT Ez Rider II #620 at the Newmarket Terminal on a route 57A.

0001-yrt307.thumb.jpg.156c55c99f40e5a2ed65447528f2bfa7.jpg
YRT Orion V #307 providing route 99 service, seen at the Richmond Hill Centre. This bus was just recently retired, making it among the last high floor conventional transit buses in service in the GTA. 

In both examples, the buses are pictured in their original liveries. For the life of me I can't remember if these were taken in Spring 2006 or 2007. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

Given some of the recent "discussion", I figured I'd submit a couple of topical images.

0008-YRT620.thumb.jpg.642b7650ec69b1cf156fef874faa5fc9.jpg

YRT Ez Rider II #620 at the Newmarket Terminal on a route 57A.

YRT Orion V #307 providing route 99 service, seen at the Richmond Hill Centre. This bus was just recently retired, making it among the last high floor conventional transit buses in service in the GTA. 

In both examples, the buses are pictured in their original liveries. For the life of me I can't remember if these were taken in Spring 2006 or 2007. 

I wonder if theres a photo of an EZR and a V in the same shot... since they're both retiring...

Ah yes.. #826 of Winnipeg Transit. On a beautiful snowy Saturday morning in the downtown Core of Winnipeg (Near Portage & Edmonton) #826 and the 800 series of the D40LFR was bought from New Flyer in 2013 and are powered with a Cummins ISL9 280HP Motor and an Allison B400R Transmission! 

Camera: iPhone 6 

IMG_1441.JPG

• Like 1

On 10/30/2017 at 8:51 PM, M. Parsons said:

Your pic is up, thanks for the submission.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Here's two pics of the XN60 I posted on the last page but in better quality.

Here's my submission for both the photo of the week and the MTA wiki page: XN60 #1016 in Manhattan making a trek to the Bronx on the Bx19 route IMG_5783.thumb.JPG.43263482d8c28c96c0090bd734780039.JPG

And here's my other submission for the photo of the week: An overhead shot of XN60 #1016 on the Bx19 (with 2003 New Flyer D60HF #5664 in the background) IMG_6203.thumb.JPG.a10c03bb048bf125d8d29fc37e4e6d4d.JPG

• Like 1