Feature Photo Submissions

1 minute ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

Really, it is, it’s your opinion whether it is or not so who am I judge your decision. If you don’t like my photos, that’s your decision. So if you think that my photos are that bad judging on the only 3 you saw, please listen to the disclaimer that I should probably put on posts less and set that “better photo” example.

Its not just those 3, its also your several other posts with your other photos, telling people to get the buses themselves if they don't like it. 

1 hour ago, M. Parsons said:

That "weird" reason is because of the shitty resolution your cell phone camera has. 

But how you couldn't get the whole bus in the image when it was stationary on apparently a 10 minute or longer layover is beyond me. Clearly you really aren't even trying.

*sighs* did you not read or did I miss something. I said, I was trying to get home without missing a single bus, and it was 29 to 31 degrees outside so you know that I was trying to get out of the heat before my Sun sensitivity kicks in and I get a migraine. So I was trying, thank you very much, but I wanted to go home and get out of the heat. If I wasn’t trying it would look so blurry that even without my glasses I wouldn’t see it. At least it came out half as good.

2 minutes ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

Its not just those 3, its also your several other posts with your other photos, telling people to get the buses themselves if they don't like it. 

If they don’t like it, no. If they ain’t satisfied and think “why the hell is this even here. Why the hell is he trying”, yes. Yes I could do better, yes, I could use the $175 of my grad money (think as a allowance but every milestone) to buys a camera so you guys can stop harassing me to buy a camera instead of using my phone. Yes, I could just stop a minute and actually do it properly, but either way it wouldn’t pass. Either way, one of you will say “this is downright horrible”, so I’m gonna stop being “switch” and start making up my life decisions. Basically meaning, I’m going to stop saying “I can do this, this picture is going to be great, and I would contribute to something” and actually wake up to reality. Also if you guys that because I’m younger than the youngest one online, that’s ageism, the 12 (police) can surely deal with that.

• Confused 3

6 minutes ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

*sighs* did you not read or did I miss something. I said, I was trying to get home without missing a single bus, and it was 29 to 31 degrees outside so you know that I was trying to get out of the heat before my Sun sensitivity kicks in and I get a migraine. So I was trying, thank you very much, but I wanted to go home and get out of the heat. If I wasn’t trying it would look so blurry that even without my glasses I wouldn’t see it. At least it came out half as good.

Why didn't you wait for a cooler day? Why did you try and take a photo of every bus if it was really hot outside?

9 minutes ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

If they don’t like it, no. If they ain’t satisfied and think “why the hell is this even here. Why the hell is he trying”, yes.

????

1 hour ago, M. Parsons said:

That "weird" reason is because of the shitty resolution your cell phone camera has. 

Excuse me, are you saying my phone (that my mom paid at least $200 for as a birthday present) is shit. You know what, I have warning point already that I’ll have to redeem with the police or someone sometime this month or next month (I like all my accounts with a clean slate). I’m not going to start an argument. I’m not trying to get myself into this, saying your phone might be worse. Leave my phone’s camera out of this. 

• Haha 5

40 minutes ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

Really, it is, it’s your opinion whether it is or not so who am I judge your decision. If you don’t like my photos, that’s your decision. So if you think that my photos are that bad judging on the only 3 you saw, please listen to the disclaimer that I should probably put on posts less and set that “better photo” example.

I think you're the only person reading this who has this opinion.  Also, I doubt he's only judging his opinion based on those three photos, considering "M. Parsons" has also reacted to several other posts of mine, in which I'm talking to you.  But seriously, just end the bullshit by now.  Just read the requirements of this thread or don't post at all.  It's that simple 😀!

Do you think a picture painted by a preschool student will make it in an art museum?  Hell no.  Same analogy works in this thread.

34 minutes ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

Also if you guys [think] that because I’m younger than the youngest one online, that’s ageism, the 12 (police) can surely deal with that.

"Ageism"?!  We didn't even mention one thing about your damn age!

Edited by TechSpotlight
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you don’t understand, we are tired of your “good” photos being posted on here. They are not actually good. I think that you should just give this up before you get into any major trouble with the Admins. And just to say, my parents bought me a phone 3 years ago and it still takes better pictures. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

Excuse me, are you saying my phone (that my mom paid at least $200 for as a birthday present) is shit. You know what, I have warning point already that I’ll have to redeem with the police or someone sometime this month or next month (I like all my accounts with a clean slate). I’m not going to start an argument. I’m not trying to get myself into this, saying your phone might be worse. Leave my phone’s camera out of this. 

I am assuming you have a relatively new phone. I am using a Samsung Rugby phone. It is probably worth about 50 dollars. I am pretty sure its about 8-10 years old. My photos are turning out just fine.

Also to your post about ageism, that is BS. I am not sure if the 12 is your age, or if it represents something else, but If it is your age, I am roughly about your age. Your age has absolutely nothing to do with this.

Alright fine, I guess it’s obviously you guys don’t want me here, nor on this site in general (like in another email I got on a certain forum I’m on. “The best thing you could do is leave, you won’t be missed”) so if it’s like that, then so be it. Also the recent comment, the 12 is what some people call the Police 🚔. So yes, if it’s about ageism, the 42 Division is just down the street from me, I could file a formal report. If it’s about my phone’s quality, listen, I’m wasting my money on a camera I’ll barely use. If y’all want to see more my pictures, I’ll either be on another photos page, or go to profile and follow my Instagram, there’s a 20% chance I’ll post pictures there. There will also be a 25% chance I’ll be here again. Ciao and G’day

• Thanks 1

Give it up guys, this is rather starting to get irritating... Just practice more @GTAtransitfan1-Toronto and I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. Now give it a rest...

• Thanks 4

On 7/8/2019 at 10:27 PM, Michael Marriott said:

On a summer evening CMBC XDE60 18003 is seen at Richards and Pender as a route 20.

July_2019-2_021.JPG

Just a tip: If you could zoom it to Center the bus and increase the brightness a bit that would look much better.

1 hour ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

*sighs* did you not read or did I miss something. said, I was trying to get home without missing a single bus, and it was 29 to 31 degrees outside so you know that I was trying to get out of the heat before my Sun sensitivity kicks in and I get a migraine. So I was trying, thank you very much, but I wanted to go home and get out of the heat.

If you were in a rush, why waste time taking photos? It’s not like there’s no tomorrow. Getting home is more important than taking photos.

15 hours ago, Danthetransitfan8074 said:

Just a tip: If you could zoom it to Center the bus and increase the brightness a bit that would look much better.

I’m pretty sure Michael took the photo that way to add some creative elements to his photography. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, TechSpotlight said:

I’m pretty sure Michael took the photo that way to add some creative elements to his photography. 

Agreed, the "transit" subject doesn't have to be the focus of the photo all the time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Agreed, the "transit" subject doesn't have to be the focus of the photo all the time. 

Well um, it says here on one of the guidelines here that the vehicle is the main focus and must be the majority of the photograph. 

• Vehicle should occupy the majority of the frame, be centered in the photo, and be the main focus.

Look, I didn’t want to start another argument as there was just one here okay?

6 hours ago, TechSpotlight said:

The trolley in the background and the crossover in the foreground are transit elements and complement the bus being featured.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Danthetransitfan8074 said:

Well um, it says here on one of the guidelines here that the vehicle is the main focus and must be the majority of the photograph. 

• Vehicle should occupy the majority of the frame, be centered in the photo, and be the main focus.

Look, I didn’t want to start another argument as there was just one here okay?

Without going too off topic, I don't think those are super rigid rules. Like how many times are we going to look at the same style photo over and over again? The thread loses any level of creativity. If we all followed that rule to a t, this thread would be blander than bland dude. I don't want to sound like a broken record, and I'm not at all bashing anyone's photos, its just that adding some creative elements is never a bad thing. If the post is not appropriate, it'll get called out. Otherwise there's no need to be afraid of spicing things up. Including the post that sparked this discussion, here are some examples:

This second one is a particularly good example:

Just some notable examples; plenty more. 

Okay, kind of off topic now, but last thing. Check their photo of the week/screener's choice for some inspiration and also as to what I'm rambling on about: https://railpictures.net/

• Like 3

Less arguing more photo submissions. Post whatever photo if it doesn't go up it means you didn't win or it meet standards. Simple as that. Get over yourselves. No need to post all this for nothing.

Greyhound USA 86953 a brand new 2019 Prevost X3-45 on schedule #5645 Toronto to Kitchener. It is rare to find American Greyhound buses the Canadian routes. But this has been a little more frequent. Photo has been uploaded to wiki.

Greyhound USA 86953-a.jpg

• Like 3

STO 1601 seen resting at the Gatineau Garage. This is STO's first articulated-hybrid bus and my current profile pic.

IMG_3660.JPG

• Like 3