CPTDB Wiki was recently upgraded! Please report any issues here.

Feature Photo Submissions

TTC 8094 at Kipling Stn on Saturday, July 6, 2019. Despite being on the 45 Kipling, the driver had the "Disney World" exposure up.

8094_to_Disney_World.JPG

• Like 6

Yep, I’m back again with more photos, and yes it can be used on the wiki too. Before I get them though my regular disclaimer, for y’all who don’t look at it and still criticize, if you hate or criticize this, take a small trip to wherever that bus is and take a picture of it, same bus-same route or same bus-different route. Like I wrote in bold, not hard to miss. Anyway here goes. 

E0A5A0E9-7C57-45F6-9F10-C693D8E627BC.jpeg

1726 on the 132 Milner EB, 10-20 minute layover.

A1A25CBF-B88D-473C-8A07-3B48E05049EC.jpeg

3507 on the 133 Neilson NB

I tried to get it on the road on its takeoff but I didn’t want to get ran over or yet miss the 39

D247318E-B8F9-4EDB-B1B8-C9007C7EC396.jpeg

1679 on 39 Finch East WB, 6 minute layover.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

Yep, I’m back again with more photos, and yes it can be used on the wiki too. Before I get them though my regular disclaimer, for y’all who don’t look at it and still criticize, if you hate or criticize this, take a small trip to wherever that bus is and take a picture of it, same bus-same route or same bus-different route. Like I wrote in bold, not hard to miss. Anyway here goes. 

I'm not criticizing your photos but the first one unfortunately doesn't quite meet the guidelines. You've cut off the rear of the vehicle. Just be sure you that you have the whole vehicle visible and centered next time. That's all.

• Like 3

I tried to get it on the road on its takeoff but I didn’t want to get ran over or yet miss the 39

Honestly the first one won't make it becuase you cut off the rear, I dont think the other 2 will make it either becuase:

A: Both are rear shots, and those buses are not even that special for a rear shot to even be accepted from anyone 

B: The shots are old school 4:3, won't work out. You need to somehow take a photo of the front or take a photo of the bus on a special route then I think the rear photos would have worked out. Even with 4:3 I guess.

And no, the minute I post this dont say I have a "criticizing butt" I'm just giving you tips for next time.

1 minute ago, BUS96 said:

A: Both are rear shots, and those buses are not even that special for a rear shot to even be accepted from anyone 

You can post rear shots just as long as the side of the vehicle can be seen too.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

I'm not criticizing your photos but the first one unfortunately doesn't quite meet the guidelines. You've cut off the rear of the vehicle. Just be sure you that you have the whole vehicle visible and centered next time. That's all.

There is also a person in the way

Just now, STO_1601 said:

You can post rear shots just as long as the side of the vehicle can be seen too.

Well the 4:3 keeps coming in mind.

34 minutes ago, BUS96 said:

Well the 4:3 keeps coming in mind.

The current feature photo is closer to 4:3 than 16:9 at ~1000x700.

2 hours ago, GrandeWest_B35G said:

The current feature photo is closer to 4:3 than 16:9 at ~1000x700.

Okay so his photos were perfect eh?

Edit: NO

2 hours ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

If you seriously cannot take any criticism at all, then do us all a favour and stop posting in here.

If you are unwilling to even consider the help others have offered, I'm just going to assume you are simply trolling us. We don't tolerate that here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 11

3 hours ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

Also, we get your little message.  You don't need to say it in every damn post in this thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Red Arrow Motorcoach 3031 is seen arriving at Somerset-Bridlewood LRT Station in Calgary working the Spruce Meadows shuttle service, on July 6, 2019.  This unit, along with one former Victoria Regional Transit MCI Classic and three former Translink New Flyer C40s operate the service, working various parking lot shuttles and the LRT shuttle on the Spruce Meadows grounds.

Spruce Meadows 3031.jpg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, TechSpotlight said:

Also, we get your little message.  You don't need to say it in every damn post in this thread.

(*says sarcastically*) Sure you do,

3 hours ago, 2044 said:

If you seriously cannot take any criticism at all, then do us all a favour and stop posting in here.

If you are unwilling to even consider the help others have offered, I'm just going to assume you are simply trolling us. We don't tolerate that here.

I get what you’re saying, but, 

A. I don’t troll, are you feeling alright? If I troll, that’d either be my little brother commenting on this, or I would probably not be thinking straight.

B. I’m gonna deliberately ignore your advice on to stop posting here. And saying do you all a favour, really, you’re really to say that as your word of encouragement. Man gotta do better. 

C. I do consider it the help, if some were actually willing, in which they were and I get the replies they say encouraging me to actually stop a minute and actually do it properly instead of rushing.

So in other words, I’m not leaving, I’m going to keep on trying until I get it right and fight for what I believe in, and at least  achieve 1 of my goals as to making the feature photo.

• Haha 2

Grand River Transit 21761 photographed at Cambridge Centre Terminal on route 56. Surprised to see an Ion branded bus on a local route and local buses on the Ion route today.

2019-07-08_10-06-24.jpg

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

So in other words, I’m not leaving, I’m going to keep on trying until I get it right and fight for what I believe in, and at least  achieve 1 of my goals as to making the feature photo.

Even if you have good quality photos. It's still a low chance of making it into the feature photo archives. It's really like winning the lottery.

A. I don’t troll, are you feeling alright? If I troll, that’d either be my little brother commenting on this, or I would probably not be thinking straight.

B. I’m gonna deliberately ignore your advice on to stop posting here. And saying do you all a favour, really, you’re really to say that as your word of encouragement. Man gotta do better. 

C. I do consider it the help, if some were actually willing, in which they were and I get the replies they say encouraging me to actually stop a minute and actually do it properly instead of rushing.

I think you have just ruined any chance of having one of your photos as the feature photo. Not only are you being rude to other members including an administrator, who have given you helpful advise, but a good chuck of your photos are rear shots, which would be ok on a wiki page, but not a feature photo and your front photo of 1726 appears to be taken from far away and is also quite blurry as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

B. I’m gonna deliberately ignore your advice on to stop posting here. And saying do you all a favour, really, you’re really to say that as your word of encouragement. Man gotta do better

You know you just said that to a site admin, right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Let me reply to your reply in chronological order. 

a) Well after all, this is your account and whatever you do on this board is on you.  Blaming people is immature and childish.  FYI, I don't recommend talking to an administrator like that.

b) Good luck with your photography.....

c) I call BS on that.  We WERE trying to help you until you started to ignore our feedback and think you're the only opinion that matters in this thread. If you look throughout this thread, you will find many replies of people providing helpful feedback.  It was after the fact you ignored the feedback we gave you and became snarky with us that we started to become a little less nice with you.  Many of us in here have been doing photography for quite a while and really like giving new people feedback to help become as good as us.

Also remember: The featured photo page doesn't only have to be about quality photos; images are chosen also based on the uniqueness of the photograph.  Submitting a photo of a bland ass Xcelcior that the company has hundreds of will probably not get you the featured photo.  

EDIT: The member "Matthew TTC 4120" who posted above me also made some good points.

• Thanks 9

22 minutes ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

I think you have just ruined any chance of having one of your photos as the feature photo. Not only are you being rude to other members including an administrator, who have given you helpful advise, but a good chuck of your photos are rear shots, which would be ok on a wiki page, but not a feature photo and your front photo of 1726 appears to be taken from far away and is also quite blurry as well.

Most of those photos are not even ok on a wiki page.

---

This has been stated before: please remember this is a Feature Photo thread. It is not a random image gallery thread. As others have already mentioned, there should be some significance to the photo, and it should be of excellent quality.

There are many other places available on CPTDB to post regular photos, even of lower quality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

Might as well just post these here...

Oakville Transit 5106 (ex-London Transit Commission 462) is seen on route 11 Linbrook at Oakville GO Station on February 16th, 2018. This unit has been retired.

Oakville Transit | 2004 New Flyer D40LF 5106

Oakville Transit 5105 is seen on route 13 Westoak Trails at Bronte GO Station on August 31st, 2018.

Oakville Transit | 2005 New Flyer D40LF 5105

These 2004/05 D40LFs are currently in the process of retirement.

• Like 5

I get what you’re all trying to say, and I know you’re calling my content now questionable and confusing, but to the photos I recently posted, there are numerous factors as to why they did not come out right. Before that, if I have to redeem warning points with the police, wow, I guess that gives me a reason to go to Markham and Milner. Anyway here goes my short, point form explanation.

1726: The picture was zoomed in which always makes it grainy for some weird reason, and I was walking away from it at the same time so the rear was blocked off by vegetation and a church. The person in the way was the driver of that bus, he was on layover. 

3507: I could have gotten the left side, but then Neilson Road was in the way so and the road ahead was clear so I knew NB traffic would be going 70-80 km/h, and getting runned over at that speed was suicide, a death wish, so I didn’t risk it. 

1679: There was 2, 1 at the Crow Trail stop, just about to leave and 1 leaving the Baldoon Road stop, I thought the 1 at Baldoon Road kinda looks bad so I’ll leave it and give them the other 1. Again walking while taking photos so I know that both wouldn’t come out right though I’ll show you guys the 1 after I rode it but it’d look as bad so I won’t risk it. 

So there you go, in fact in conclusion of my little investigation, I was rushing to get home without missing a single bus.

B8438795-2131-41F8-BCD9-6ADF562CBF18.jpeg

Told you it would look bad, the bus shelter and streetlight is in the way. But it’s clear enough. And I have one of 3417 on the 132 but it’s the same way vice versa. So forget it, I’ll try again either later on today, later on this week, or next week. And now I’ve learned, it’s ok now, my photo wouldn’t make feature photos, there goes my goal so in that case, I’m going to slowly practice and post the best ones every month even though there’s no point. 

8 hours ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

Again I did say I’m fight for that goal. I also knew my pictures were good, but he said it had to be better (who do all of you except me to be, Jesus). And about 1726, please refer to the explanation I posted just recently

• Haha 9

On July 9, 2019 at 5:31 AM, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

1726: The picture was zoomed in which always makes it grainy for some weird reason, and I was walking away from it at the same time so the rear was blocked off by vegetation and a church.

That "weird" reason is because of the shitty resolution your cell phone camera has. 

But how you couldn't get the whole bus in the image when it was stationary on apparently a 10 minute or longer layover is beyond me. Clearly you really aren't even trying.

On July 9, 2019 at 5:31 AM, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

Again I did say I’m fight for that goal. I also knew my pictures were good, but he said it had to be better (who do all of you except me to be, Jesus). And about 1726, please refer to the explanation I posted just recently

But your photos aren't even really good, quite frankly. 

• Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, M. Parsons said:

But your photos aren't even really good, quite frankly. 

Really, it is, it’s your opinion whether it is or not so who am I judge your decision. If you don’t like my photos, that’s your decision. So if you think that my photos are that bad judging on the only 3 you saw, please listen to the disclaimer that I should probably put on posts less and set that “better photo” example.

• Haha 1