Feature Photo Submissions

15 minutes ago, buizelbus said:

CMBC Novas are on the move, and this 2007 NovaBus LFS, 9674, is one of several transferred to Richmond Transit Centre in the past weeks. Here it is seen exiting Bridgeport Station on a 430 run.

48028187213_a79c5ff9cd_k.jpg9674 by Jeff Yu, on Flickr

Nice surprise shot of the driver picking his nose 😂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thomasw said:

Nice surprise shot of the driver picking his nose 😂

He was waving in such a manner that from the camera's perspective his hand appeared to be over his nose. Surprised CMBC doesn't force all its employees to wear uniforms...

3 hours ago, Transit geek said:

He was waving in such a manner that from the camera's perspective his hand appeared to be over his nose. Surprised CMBC doesn't force all its employees to wear uniforms...

Ohh ok 

From what I know CMBC obliges their employees to wear a “Uniform”. By uniform it usually means a polo shirt with the company name and logo embroidered in it

STO 7901 seen at the Hull Garage. This bus is 40 years old and is now retired from revenue service.

62167957_10217494132079648_711598393578749952_o.jpg

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

STO 7901 seen at the Hull Garage. This bus is 40 years old and is now retired from revenue service.

62167957_10217494132079648_711598393578749952_o.jpg

Wow, for once your bus photo is actually not cut off by poles, packed like sardines in between buses, or cut off on the sides 🙃

STO 7901 a 1979 GMDD T6H-5307N photographed downtown Ottawa back in 2015 on route 45. It was retired from regular service June 2019.

2019-06-10_08-59-01.jpg

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Wow, for once your bus photo is actually not cut off by poles, packed like sardines in between buses, or cut off on the sides 🙃

I was using my Canon digital camera for the convention so that I get good quality photos like everyone else. It seems to get better quality photos than my smartphone.

8 minutes ago, TTC 9701 said:

STO 7901 a 1979 GMDD T6H-5307N photographed downtown Ottawa back in 2015 on route 45. It was retired from regular service June 2019.

2019-06-10_08-59-01.jpg

It was actually last seen in service sometime in 2017. I confirmed it last March but no one believed my source I provided.

DSC04043.thumb.jpg.6bd4e42202bf8fd6bb315ff2aa893fcd.jpg
The new look of sorts for the ETS fleet- driver cabin HVAC. As a result of an accelerated installation of driver shields in all buses ETS there was an identified need to provide drivers with air conditioning, and as a result ETS has a contract with Mississauga Bus Group for the Grayson eComfort 100 units. 4508 and 4639 are the first two units done, believed to have been done "down east" at MBG. 4639 is seen departing Downtown Edmonton as a route 81 with the historic McDonald Hotel in the background. The bus is running -27 minutes on account of a Valley Line LRT construction detour on it's first day which didn't go too smoothly.

• Like 6

On 6/9/2019 at 11:10 AM, Transit geek said:

Uniforms are required. But they're just polo shirts with the company name on them, plus maybe a jacket with the logo and a hat.\

3 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

I was using my Canon digital camera for the convention so that I get good quality photos like everyone else. It seems to get better quality photos than my smartphone.

Just using a DSLR doesn't mean you'll get good quality photos. Using a smartphone doesn't mean the photos will be bad either.

16 minutes ago, buizelbus said:

Just using a DSLR doesn't mean you'll get good quality photos. Using a smartphone doesn't mean the photos will be bad either.

Cell phone quality is decent, until you add the zoom.  

bar-graph.png

Restored 1982 TTC GM T6H-5307N 2252 is seen posing for photos with two soon to be retired TTC CLRV Streetcars 4132 and 4171 during a charter run on June 8, 2019.

IMG_4280 a.JPG

• Like 8

Golden Gate Transit 2019 Gillig Low Floor Hybrid 1912 is seen here leaving Downtown San Francisco on Route 56 to San Marin via Rowland Park & Ride in Marin County. These will replace the aging Orion V's that are in service.

LRM_EXPORT_136310984848359_20190611_180307806.thumb.jpeg.c1789489df69da48c1182288ff48ac00.jpeg

• Like 5

Durham Region Transit bus #6100 at Ajax go station. These are replacing the 81/83xx novas and some 84xx D40LFs. These are basically identical to DRT previous novabus order, but have better seats and symmetrical ceiling.

050AD0B3-27D1-4106-91C1-B4D8172D1625.jpeg

OC Transpo 4202 seen resting at the Merivale Garage. This is the oldest bus in the fleet.

62321802_10217511623956934_1904299597518340096_o.jpg

• Like 1

Pic 1: A TransLink 2009 New Flyer DE60LFR pulling into Langara-49th Avenue Skytrain station in Vancouver, British Columbia.

Pic 2: A retired TransLink 1998 New Flyer D40LF sitting on some B/O tracks in Richmond Transit Centre in Richmond, British Columbia.

22EA7491-512A-4544-AB70-7CA6A6E73FCC.jpeg

849C3F7F-5328-4F14-8265-A90CCFB6EDF5.jpeg

4 hours ago, Michael Marriott said:

The West Coast Express commuter train pulls out of Waterfront Station with the waters of Burrard Inlet and the North Shore Mountains behind it.

June_2019-3_011.thumb.JPG.c2492b4ab689b2df5d0336f284a70ff4.JPG

The train is not the focus of the picture, it seems. If a lower third (in TV terminology) was to be superimposed upon it, it would be almost invisible, and the harbour or maybe the port behind the freight cars would become the focus. If the camera was angled lower about 10 to 20 degrees, the train would become centered in the frame and become the focus as intended.

CT 6044 curves along a road beside Brentwood Station on the Route 9 as a short trip to the University of Calgary during a bright sunny morning. As the current signup comes to a close within a week (at the time of posting), most school runs will stop running (until September) after this month.

6044.JPG

• Like 4

On 6/15/2019 at 8:47 PM, Transit geek said:

The train is not the focus of the picture, it seems. If a lower third (in TV terminology) was to be superimposed upon it, it would be almost invisible, and the harbour or maybe the port behind the freight cars would become the focus. If the camera was angled lower about 10 to 20 degrees, the train would become centered in the frame and become the focus as intended.

Guess what? This is not TV. It's a photograph, so your "TV terminology" need not apply. Clearly Michael was intending to take a photo that was of more than just a locomotive and you sure the hell don't know what he intended to focus on.

Michael does quite well with shooting scenes that intentionally don't put the vehicle as the only focus, but rather as part of a larger scene.

And yes, I realize it could be hypocritical of me to criticize someone elses criticizing, but, I just think you're off the mark and your grain of salt comment in your signature confirms that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Here’s a 2019 Novabus HEV on layover on the 39 (alright, people my 5th, 6th or 7th attempt, admins who post the front page picture, pity me, also because I have an IPhone so stop hating on it) Also if it ain’t clear, I lined up the shot and took it just fine.

7FC8AB93-02C0-4233-AFAE-CB8B53D99295.jpeg

• Haha 9

6 minutes ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

Here’s a 2019 Novabus HEV on layover on the 39 (alright, people my 5th, 6th or 7th attempt, admins who post the front page picture, pity me, also because I have an IPhone so stop hating on it) Also if it ain’t clear, I lined up the shot and took it just fine.

How many times do we have to remind you of the photo quality rules before you understand them?

There are leaves in the way and the photo is only showing 1/3 of the bus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 11

1 hour ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

also because I have an IPhone so stop hating on it

Phones can take perfectly good shots if you know how.

2 hours ago, TechSpotlight said:

How many times do we have to remind you of the photo quality rules before you understand them?

There are leaves in the way and the photo is only showing 1/3 of the bus.

Yeah I remembered those reminders FYI, you don’t need to shout at me for not using them. If you want to shout at me, that’s all on you buddy, but it’s nature’s fault for putting that tree and I got hedges beside when I took it. 

1 hour ago, GrandeWest_B35G said:

Phones can take perfectly good shots if you know how.

Yes I know how, I’ve been taking photos on my phone since the first day I got it. Though if it ain’t to y’all standards, so be it. Everyone takes different photos at different qualities, everything can’t be perfect 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

Yeah I remembered those reminders FYI, you don’t need to shout at me for not using them. If you want to shout at me, that’s all on you buddy, but it’s nature’s fault for putting that tree and I got hedges beside when I took it. 

Yes I know how, I’ve been taking photos on my phone since the first day I got it. Though if it ain’t to y’all standards, so be it. Everyone takes different photos at different qualities, everything can’t be perfect 

You can always move to the other side of the street or a few metres back to make sure the trees aren't in the way.

Remember: this is the FEATURED PHOTOS thread.  The whole point of this thread is to find high quality / special photos for the featured photo.  Look at all the other photos other people have taken.  I think what you need is practice and experience and then you can come back and submit higher quality photos.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3