This one would be good if you got closer, and the snowbank wasn't in the way

4652832B-5593-4BF0-8BC3-D9EA349B2302.jpeg

Don't post photos with fences in the way

3AFF7FD8-31F6-4935-858E-4EEDA3A684C7.jpeg

Try to avoid glare/shadows

B4A5445A-1E83-4FA0-8499-13968478576E.jpeg

If this was a full-bus photo, it would be perfect

2CD91C4D-44DF-45C7-BEB6-3D5B778EB16F.jpeg

This would also be perfect if you had gotten closer. The post is distracting and unnecessary

F58F32CD-DD93-4466-AC6D-E72D9932E196.jpeg

Try not to get people in the photos

09D086E2-54AA-49B0-A46A-60456A167FEE.jpeg

Blurry

8C746E9E-33AE-4E8A-8FA0-ECD7D71FDCFC.jpeg

Blurry, taken too far away

3B1B49A7-C4B2-492C-B05D-EC881F1154F5.jpeg

• Like 2

Calgary Transit 6012 is seen doing a morning rush hour trip on the 151 as it heads towards downtown. This trip only happens once a day from Monday to Friday, from New Brighton to City Centre using an articulated bus as it runs on a school trip later in the morning down south.

e.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, R. Meu said:

Calgary Transit 6012 is seen doing a morning rush hour trip on the 151 as it heads towards downtown. This trip only happens once a day from Monday to Friday, from New Brighton to City Centre using an articulated bus as it runs on a school trip later in the morning down south.

e.jpg

There's an issue with your photo.

1 hour ago, Imgursdownvote4love said:

(photos)

My photos haven't been bad have they?

I know it's hard to get perfect photos that meet the wiki guidelines.

But really I try my hardest to get good photos but sometimes it's just hard to do that when buses are moving, cars and people get in the way etc.

Anyway, even if my photos are not in the best quality they still fun to look at.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

But really I try my hardest to get good photos but sometimes it's just hard to do that when buses are moving, cars and people get in the way etc.

Anyway, even if my photos are not in the best quality they still fun to look at.

That's why you should take photos along Wellington or down Sussex. No people get in your way and it's much easier to get a good shot. 

20180302_154549.jpg

20180302_154322.jpg

• Like 4

Sarnia Transit 164 a 2003 Orion 05.501 posing for photos at the garage. This third hand bus is the last high floor and the last Orion V model in active service in Ontario. It was original to APTA, then was transfered to DRT after the merge.

2019-05-05_09-01-41.jpg

• Like 3

22 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

This third hand bus is the last high floor... in active service in Ontario.

Technically STO's classics come over the border. Plus, there's high floor shuttles in various places

On 5/3/2019 at 10:57 PM, STO_1601 said:

Take a look at your STO LFS 1909 shot you posted in here recently. There's a pole blocking the back quarter of the bus, and the shadow of the pole is over the center of the bus. That wasn't even a moving object that can be blamed like cars and people! 

Keep at it. Be aware of your surroundings and how they could affect capturing a 40-50' slice of roadway with a bus on it. Anticipate anything that could change before you capture the image. 

Be mindful of sunlight. It looks like to me the sun was almost hitting the bus straight on the side with just a sliver on the front. In an idea lighting situation you would have full sunlight on the front and side of the bus. You can see how the front of the bus looks a bit dark and the side of the bus a bit too light as the camera tried to compensate between the two varying conditions.

Certainly, there will be situations where you have no choice but to shoot with the conditions you have, however, this day in age of online trackers, it doesn't take much to track the bus down to a location with perhaps a better selection of a features to get a better shot. Hell, we managed to do that easily in the days before trackers! 

It's been awhile since I've posted anything in this thread because I have felt there hasn't been anything worthwhile posting from around the Edmonton area. When there is something I think would make a good shot to put into this thread I'll plan it out in advance, at least to a degree. 

• Like 1

Brampton züm 1150 is seen passing through the intersection of Kennedy Road & Williams Parkway while servicing route 7A Kennedy northbound to Heart Lake Terminal. This is a rather rare sight as recently Brampton Transit has been experiencing a fleet shortage as their current bus numbers are not entirely able to keep up with the growing transit demand and schedule changes resulting in occurrences like this.

To date the rarest occurrence like this was Brampton züm 1070 on route 18 Dixie (züm 1070 is based out of Sandalwood Garage while route 18 is based out of Clark Garage) in October 2018.

DSC00942.JPG

• Like 3

I may pick up some flak for this, but since @M. Parsons is talking about photos and quality, I want to add that perhaps not every submission here has to be that basic front or rear quarter shot. I understand it gives the audience a good view of the subject in the photo, but if we look through these pages, 90% or more of the time, it’s that same shot. Injecting some diversity into the style of photography in here is something that wouldn’t go amiss, and I know for certain that some on here have experimented with that despite not posting here. A profile shot, panning, a picture of a front side in a cool setting, anything. This is just a light suggestion that’s all, I’m not calling anyone out. And judging by the material that is posted here anyways, I’m sure experimentation can’t hurt. It’s a win-win because you could easily be picked because it’s something refreshing and new, or you could get some constructive criticism like above. 

If you don’t know what I mean, check out the first few pages of this thread. Some of the submissions were pretty cool!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

I may pick up some flak for this, but since @M. Parsons is talking about photos and quality, I want to add that perhaps not every submission here has to be that basic front or rear quarter shot. I understand it gives the audience a good view of the subject in the photo, but if we look through these pages, 90% or more of the time, it’s that same shot. Injecting some diversity into the style of photography in here is something that wouldn’t go amiss, and I know for certain that some on here have experimented with that despite not posting here. A profile shot, panning, a picture of a front side in a cool setting, anything. This is just a light suggestion that’s all, I’m not calling anyone out. And judging by the material that is posted here anyways, I’m sure experimentation can’t hurt. It’s a win-win because you could easily be picked because it’s something refreshing and new, or you could get some constructive criticism like above. 

If you don’t know what I mean, check out the first few pages of this thread. Some of the submissions were pretty cool!

I couldn't agree more, there is a lot more besides the 3/4 door side shot. And if you think this thread is bad for that, look to the fire apparatus gang. Holy. Crap. 3/4 angle, 50 mm lens, perfect sun, tires straight, no foreign objects inside the cab of the rig, windows closed etc.

While there's a significant place for the 3/4 roster shot, and I'll always to be trying to snag those, there's certainly something to be said for getting creative. Sometimes that's not someones "thing".

Personally, I love playing with wide angle and telephoto. I'll also look to see what I can do with the sun at sunrise or sunset, with electric traction being limited to LRT these days in Edmonton, I always like to see what I can do with catenary and pans at those time of days. A silhouette of a diesel is just boring.

Some from earlier this year:

ETS Trains SD's into the sun

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Anyone who wants to discuss photo quality, let's take this to the PM section.

Greyhound Canada 1317 a 2000 MCI 102-DL3 (Ex-Hotard Coaches H-150) on the Toronto to Kitchener run. This is one of the last two 102-DL3 models left in the Canadian fleet in the older livery after the massive changes to its service. Photo taken May 5th, 2019.

2019-05-08_12-17-35.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, 7575 said:

Anyone who wants to discuss photo quality, let's take this to the PM section.

So that's what that was about...

On 5/11/2019 at 12:44 PM, Michael Marriott said:

The Amtrak Cascades is seen about to cross Braid St in New Westminster.

May 2019-3 025.JPG

Ebus 5726 is seen boarding passengers outside Pacific Central Station in Vancouver.

May_2019-1_033.JPG

Beautiful photo with a great backround.

• Like 2

On 5/7/2019 at 9:48 PM, M. Parsons said:

I couldn't agree more, there is a lot more besides the 3/4 door side shot. And if you think this thread is bad for that, look to the fire apparatus gang. Holy. Crap. 3/4 angle, 50 mm lens, perfect sun, tires straight, no foreign objects inside the cab of the rig, windows closed etc.

While there's a significant place for the 3/4 roster shot, and I'll always to be trying to snag those, there's certainly something to be said for getting creative. Sometimes that's not someones "thing".

Personally, I love playing with wide angle and telephoto. I'll also look to see what I can do with the sun at sunrise or sunset, with electric traction being limited to LRT these days in Edmonton, I always like to see what I can do with catenary and pans at those time of days. A silhouette of a diesel is just boring.

Some from earlier this year:

(Photos) 

Nice sunset, reminds me of when I was in Grenada, I sat on my uncles veranda and used to stare into the direction of the airport and the Caribbean Sea for hours and then look at the sunset and wonder what a day I’ve had

42 minutes ago, 7749 said:

IMG_3086(2).thumb.jpg.cab7835711ff72615d3c00fed7458945.jpgIMG_3090(2).thumb.jpg.7d7d9d6d635993a72b49796b213ba04e.jpg

TTC 1714 and 1703 from yesterday.

I also see VISION antennas on them so now I know why their still living, other than they didn’t break down yet

Wroute 1701 photographed at the Aberfoyle Park N'Ride back in February 2019. The service started in 2017 with 10 Tesla Model Model X 100D SUV's. Service started in 2017 and ceased operations May 2nd, 2019.

2019-05-13_05-30-22.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1