Feature Photo Submissions

4 hours ago, Michael Marriott said:

The West Coast Express commuter train pulls out of Waterfront Station with the waters of Burrard Inlet and the North Shore Mountains behind it.

June_2019-3_011.thumb.JPG.c2492b4ab689b2df5d0336f284a70ff4.JPG

The train is not the focus of the picture, it seems. If a lower third (in TV terminology) was to be superimposed upon it, it would be almost invisible, and the harbour or maybe the port behind the freight cars would become the focus. If the camera was angled lower about 10 to 20 degrees, the train would become centered in the frame and become the focus as intended.

CT 6044 curves along a road beside Brentwood Station on the Route 9 as a short trip to the University of Calgary during a bright sunny morning. As the current signup comes to a close within a week (at the time of posting), most school runs will stop running (until September) after this month.

6044.JPG

• Like 4

On 6/15/2019 at 8:47 PM, Transit geek said:

The train is not the focus of the picture, it seems. If a lower third (in TV terminology) was to be superimposed upon it, it would be almost invisible, and the harbour or maybe the port behind the freight cars would become the focus. If the camera was angled lower about 10 to 20 degrees, the train would become centered in the frame and become the focus as intended.

Guess what? This is not TV. It's a photograph, so your "TV terminology" need not apply. Clearly Michael was intending to take a photo that was of more than just a locomotive and you sure the hell don't know what he intended to focus on.

Michael does quite well with shooting scenes that intentionally don't put the vehicle as the only focus, but rather as part of a larger scene.

And yes, I realize it could be hypocritical of me to criticize someone elses criticizing, but, I just think you're off the mark and your grain of salt comment in your signature confirms that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

6 minutes ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

Here’s a 2019 Novabus HEV on layover on the 39 (alright, people my 5th, 6th or 7th attempt, admins who post the front page picture, pity me, also because I have an IPhone so stop hating on it) Also if it ain’t clear, I lined up the shot and took it just fine.

How many times do we have to remind you of the photo quality rules before you understand them?

There are leaves in the way and the photo is only showing 1/3 of the bus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 11

2 hours ago, TechSpotlight said:

How many times do we have to remind you of the photo quality rules before you understand them?

There are leaves in the way and the photo is only showing 1/3 of the bus.

Yeah I remembered those reminders FYI, you don’t need to shout at me for not using them. If you want to shout at me, that’s all on you buddy, but it’s nature’s fault for putting that tree and I got hedges beside when I took it. 

1 hour ago, GrandeWest_B35G said:

Phones can take perfectly good shots if you know how.

Yes I know how, I’ve been taking photos on my phone since the first day I got it. Though if it ain’t to y’all standards, so be it. Everyone takes different photos at different qualities, everything can’t be perfect 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

Yeah I remembered those reminders FYI, you don’t need to shout at me for not using them. If you want to shout at me, that’s all on you buddy, but it’s nature’s fault for putting that tree and I got hedges beside when I took it. 

Yes I know how, I’ve been taking photos on my phone since the first day I got it. Though if it ain’t to y’all standards, so be it. Everyone takes different photos at different qualities, everything can’t be perfect 

You can always move to the other side of the street or a few metres back to make sure the trees aren't in the way.

Remember: this is the FEATURED PHOTOS thread.  The whole point of this thread is to find high quality / special photos for the featured photo.  Look at all the other photos other people have taken.  I think what you need is practice and experience and then you can come back and submit higher quality photos.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

Dude, everyone’s been perfectly decent with you here. You’re the one who insists on posting subpar material. 

If there’s a tree, move over or find another spot. If you have something genuinely good to post, then put it up here. But use some common sense. A blurry, off center cut off photo isn’t gonna cut it. Maybe it’s time to actually start listening and looking at what other people post and try to come up with something similar.

Don’t trash a perfectly good thread because you didn’t bother to put any effort into your work.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

Basically, just keep practicing your photos

Some LFR photos today;

A photo of OC Transpo 6504 seen doing a quick timestop at Mackenzie King Station before continuing towards Riverview via Leikin to serve the RCMP headquarters.

20190619_054931.thumb.jpg.372663d13057a8b505a478275d86cbb1.jpg

A photo of OC Transpo 6642 which still doesn't have a bike rack to this day despite bike racks be installed 3 months ago.

20190620_000006.thumb.jpg.97014c6ec2285f94abf06715539cb24f.jpg

• Like 9

13 hours ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

I have an IPhone so stop hating on it.

I have an IPhone and I take pictures way better, also I usually use a Camera instead of a Phone for pictures. The work way better. 

• Like 1

Centro of Oneida Gillig Low-Floor #2907 operating on route 24 inbound on Genesee St. in the town of New Hartford, New York.  This is the first Centro bus on the Oneida division to be repainted into the updated paint scheme.  Photo taken on June 17, 2019.

Centro2907_20190617_JDevlin.jpg

Edited by RailBus63
Higher-quality image
  • Like 4

This is my first time submitting a pic to this thread so please don't hate on it too much. 

Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) bus 5128, a 2008 New Flyer C40LFR in a suburban configuration serving route 60. It is part of a handful of C40LFR's that were repainted to the OCBus livery. Taken March 20, 2019 

20190320_125733.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GTAtransitfan1-Toronto said:

It’s LFS HEV. That’s the hybrid bus, not the diesel. It’s also clearly stated near the front door, “Hybrid Electric”, can’t miss it.

Who cares?  It’s still an LFS whether it’s a diesel or hybrid-electric.  “LFS HEV” is being more specific to the fuel/drivetrain system.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1