Feature Photo Submissions

2 hours ago, 2044 said:

Yes, it does matter. That's not the point of this thread. You and others just posting for the sake of posting: don't waste our time. Start a website or put them on Facebook or whatever.

ok... so what is it about my pictures that is wrong ?? i read the guidlines and i seen no problem with my pictures so what is it ??? 

• Board Admin
1 hour ago, TheTransitBusFan said:

ok... so what is it about my pictures that is wrong ?? i read the guidlines and i seen no problem with my pictures so what is it ??? 

There are a few posts with good tips:

Refer to these guidelines: https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/CPTDB_Wiki:Photographs#Photo_Quality

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, A. Wong said:

Thanks for sharing the guidelines. That being said, here is my submission: TTC 3400 (2018 NovaBus LFS Hybrid) on route 39 Finch East, taken back in March late in the evening rush.

IMG_20190326_191234.jpg

• Haha 2

well you know that is almost imposible to get every single little detail. and sometimes yes the pictures could be better  exsample my second picture but can not do anything about how the vehicle is parked or the weather "just saying"

anyway here is 52105 on its rush hour doubler. there are only 13 buses in the oldschool CMTS livery this buses are soon to be retired

DSCN7245.JPG

• Thanks 2

• Board Admin
2 hours ago, TheTransitBusFan said:

well you know that is almost imposible to get every single little detail. and sometimes yes the pictures could be better  exsample my second picture but can not do anything about how the vehicle is parked or the weather "just saying"

anyway here is 52105 on its rush hour doubler. there are only 13 buses in the oldschool CMTS livery this buses are soon to be retired

DSCN7245.JPG

It is possible with effort, and sure you may need a little luck some time, but that's the fun in photographing vehicles! As you get a larger collection of photos, you will find ones that you like more than others. This is a "feature photo" thread, it is not a "image galleries" thread. We want to showcase the best photos on the front page of the forum and wiki.

This is a much better photo than the ones you posted previously with 2 Novas side by side, in terms of quality.

• Like 6

Here's a few submissions featuring the newest members of the MTA fleet:

1. 6128, a 2019 XD60, rests at South Ferry after completing a southbound trip on the M15-SBS

2. 8565, a 2019 LFS, turns on 181st Street in Washington Heights as it begins a northbound trip on the Bx3 to Riverdale

3. 8577, also a 2019 LFS, exits the Eltingville Transit Center on the S79 heading to the Staten Island Mall.

48011157426_deaab48254_b.jpg 48011035786_4989cb1917_b.jpg 47962191016_710df02e73_b.jpg

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, buizelbus said:

CMBC Novas are on the move, and this 2007 NovaBus LFS, 9674, is one of several transferred to Richmond Transit Centre in the past weeks. Here it is seen exiting Bridgeport Station on a 430 run.

48028187213_a79c5ff9cd_k.jpg9674 by Jeff Yu, on Flickr

Nice surprise shot of the driver picking his nose ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thomasw said:

Nice surprise shot of the driver picking his nose ?

He was waving in such a manner that from the camera's perspective his hand appeared to be over his nose. Surprised CMBC doesn't force all its employees to wear uniforms...

3 hours ago, Transit geek said:

He was waving in such a manner that from the camera's perspective his hand appeared to be over his nose. Surprised CMBC doesn't force all its employees to wear uniforms...

Ohh ok 

From what I know CMBC obliges their employees to wear a “Uniform”. By uniform it usually means a polo shirt with the company name and logo embroidered in it

37 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

STO 7901 seen at the Hull Garage. This bus is 40 years old and is now retired from revenue service.

62167957_10217494132079648_711598393578749952_o.jpg

Wow, for once your bus photo is actually not cut off by poles, packed like sardines in between buses, or cut off on the sides ?

19 minutes ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Wow, for once your bus photo is actually not cut off by poles, packed like sardines in between buses, or cut off on the sides ?

I was using my Canon digital camera for the convention so that I get good quality photos like everyone else. It seems to get better quality photos than my smartphone.

8 minutes ago, TTC 9701 said:

STO 7901 a 1979 GMDD T6H-5307N photographed downtown Ottawa back in 2015 on route 45. It was retired from regular service June 2019.

2019-06-10_08-59-01.jpg

It was actually last seen in service sometime in 2017. I confirmed it last March but no one believed my source I provided.

DSC04043.thumb.jpg.6bd4e42202bf8fd6bb315ff2aa893fcd.jpg
The new look of sorts for the ETS fleet- driver cabin HVAC. As a result of an accelerated installation of driver shields in all buses ETS there was an identified need to provide drivers with air conditioning, and as a result ETS has a contract with Mississauga Bus Group for the Grayson eComfort 100 units. 4508 and 4639 are the first two units done, believed to have been done "down east" at MBG. 4639 is seen departing Downtown Edmonton as a route 81 with the historic McDonald Hotel in the background. The bus is running -27 minutes on account of a Valley Line LRT construction detour on it's first day which didn't go too smoothly.

• Like 6

On 6/9/2019 at 11:10 AM, Transit geek said:

Uniforms are required. But they're just polo shirts with the company name on them, plus maybe a jacket with the logo and a hat.\

3 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

I was using my Canon digital camera for the convention so that I get good quality photos like everyone else. It seems to get better quality photos than my smartphone.

Just using a DSLR doesn't mean you'll get good quality photos. Using a smartphone doesn't mean the photos will be bad either.