Ttc to viva transfer no extra fee?

Vithusan

I take 102d(ttc, northbound) at 14th ave and get off at parkway ave, then I walk west and wait to get on 54 (viva) to markville mall, can I request a transfer from the ttc operator and use it on the viva bus or do I need to pay 2 seperate times?

42 minutes ago, Vithusan said:

I take 102d(ttc, northbound) at 14th ave and get off at parkway ave, then I walk west and wait to get on 54 (viva) to markville mall, can I request a transfer from the ttc operator and use it on the viva bus or do I need to pay 2 seperate times?

You should have a transfer and pay only one YRT fare within a 2 hour transfer window period. If the operator doesn't give you a transfer at the time you exit a bus, request one.

44 minutes ago, Vithusan said:

You can request/use the transfer. I think there's a hole punched in that transfer you are given. As soon as the TTC bus goes into York Region, YRT rules apply. So that means 2 hour transfers.

48 minutes ago, Vithusan said:

If you are exiting at Parkway Avenue and getting on a route 54 bus there, you aren't transferring to Viva, you are transferring to a GO bus. GO drivers will not accept YRT transfers, you need to pay the full GO fare (which is much more than a YRT fare).

The easiest way to get to Markville Mall from a stop on Markham Road is to exit the TTC 102D bus at Highway 7, and transfer to a westbound Viva Purple or YRT route 1 Highway 7 bus to McCowan Road or Bullock Drive. Then you can use a transfer from the TTC driver and pay no additional fare.

• Like 2

If your trip begins and ends in Markham (for example 14th/Markham Rd -> Markville Mall), this is considered a trip that is fully within York Region and only requires one fare.

FYI, if you are taking a Northbound "TTC in York Region" bus, you simply board the bus and you do not pay until you exit the bus (weird I know!). You will receive a special TTC transfer with a bunch of holes in it. The holes show that it is a "YRT transfer" and will be valid on YRT & Viva for 2 hours.

Take TTC 102D North to Highway 7.
Then take Viva Purple or YRT 1 West to Markville Mall.

Route 54 is not a YRT/Viva bus. It is a GO bus and your transfer will not be valid for that bus.