TTC summer student process

andyman

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-03-19 at 10:04 PM, andyman said:

Let me know if you hear anything.

Hey Andy, sorry for the late response. After emailing the Manager I found out last week I was unsuccessful. I'm sure God will work something out but I'm sure it'll work out for you! Sending positive vibes your way!

13 hours ago, synk101 said:

Hey Andy, sorry for the late response. After emailing the Manager I found out last week I was unsuccessful. I'm sure God will work something out but I'm sure it'll work out for you! Sending positive vibes your way!

My son hasn't received anything either so probably same situation here. His problem is that he played a very high level of sports that he had no previous work history but he did say he thought the interview went well....

On 2017-03-22 at 2:57 PM, andyman said:

My son hasn't received anything either so probably same situation here. His problem is that he played a very high level of sports that he had no previous work history but he did say he thought the interview went well....

Andy, I would be hopeful for him and urge him to follow up. This is the only way I actually found out. I did have more than sufficient experience for this specific Clerical role but it's not only the competition but if there willing to give you a chance. I asked for assistance in this process and just so you know...I was told once they contact your reference you'll get a call back!

On 2017-03-22 at 5:22 AM, leylandvictory2 said:

ttc summer job is highly competitive.

Very true! I actually got recruited TWICE last year and ended up sticking with my job at that time. This year didn't work out, needless to say, it's alright. It's all about saying the right things, this was the most CRUCIAL thing i learned from the interview. 

22 hours ago, synk101 said:

Andy, I would be hopeful for him and urge him to follow up. This is the only way I actually found out. I did have more than sufficient experience for this specific Clerical role but it's not only the competition but if there willing to give you a chance. I asked for assistance in this process and just so you know...I was told once they contact your reference you'll get a call back!

Very true! I actually got recruited TWICE last year and ended up sticking with my job at that time. This year didn't work out, needless to say, it's alright. It's all about saying the right things, this was the most CRUCIAL thing i learned from the interview. 

First real interview for my son so I'm sure he'll learn from it. The usual teen jobs are basically "when can you start?"