Sign in to follow this  
Seashore_518203

CTHF 2017 Fan Trips

I'll be parking at the World Exchange Plaza on Queen and Metcalfe (free on weekends) and taking the bus to Terrasses de la Chaudière.  These are the options I got from OC Transpo's Travel Planner and the STO's Plani-Bus:

Saturday, July 08, 2017 OC Transpo Travel Planner

17 min (Walking 6 min)

10:23

World Exchange Plaza, O'Connor Street, Ottawa, ON

Walk to stop ALBERT / BANK (3002) (3 min).

10:26

ALBERT / BANK - (3002)

Bus route 8 (OC Transpo) direction Gatineau (11 min).

10:37

PROMENADE / TERRASSES DE LA CHAUDIÈRE - (5718)

Walk to destination (3 min).

10:40

Terrasses de la Chaudière, Eddy Street, Gatineau, QC

Saturday, July 8, 2017 STO Plani-Bus

15 min (Walking 7 min)

10:15

World Exchange Plaza, 45 O'Connor St, Ottawa, ON K1P 1A4, Canada

Walk to stop Wellington/O'Connor Nord (Infobus: 819-778-5555 stop 5034), Ottawa (5 min).

10:20

5034 - WELLINGTON/O'CONNOR

Bus route 400 (STO) direction STATION LABROSSE via RAPIBUS (8 min).

10:28

2602 - TERRASSES de la CHAUDIÈRE

Walk to destination (2 min).

10:30

Terrasses de la Chaudière, 15 Rue Eddy, Gatineau, QC J8X 4B3, Canada

15 min (Walking 7 min)

10:18

Walk to stop Wellington/O'Connor Nord (Infobus: 819-778-5555 stop 5034), Ottawa (5 min).

10:23

Bus route 39 (STO) direction FREEMAN via PLATEAU (8 min).

10:31

10:33

15 min (Walking 7 min)

10:30

10:35

Bus route 37 (STO) direction CÉGEP GABRIELLE-ROY via ST-JOSEPH (8 min).

10:43

10:45

Bus 7901 has a mechanical issue and did not pass inspection today. It will not be available for the CTHF charter on Saturday.

The substitute bus will be STO 9131, MCI TC-40102N, ex-Calgary Transit.

The CTHF apologizes for the substitution but it still should be an enjoyable day.

8 hours ago, TTC T6H-5307N 2252 said:

Will it return to service at a later date?

Yes, it will clearly return to service. But maybe they will have to look at the policy for the future. It is 38 years old after all. The more service it see, the more potential for breakdown.

• Like 1

Thanks to cthf for the great charter!  I took a few phone pics to upload here.

20170708_150202.jpg

20170708_142003.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks to the CTHF for a great charter on Saturday!  I enjoyed seeing some familiar faces along with meeting some new transit fans from Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto and other cities.  And let's not forget that it was an extra special day for one member in particular! ^_^

• Like 2

Thanks to CTHF for this great initiative, especially from the executive and directors who rode the bus with us (Chris P., Kevin N., Doug S., Paul B., Ted W., Michael R., Allen D., and Adam Z.). Alas 7901 was not available however ex-Calgary Classic 9131 served us very well and is still a significant vehicle. It continues STO's tendency to buy second hand high floor vehicles. Kevin came up with a great itinerary showing off the relatively new Rapibus Transitway, as well as visiting both garages. As for an interior tour of new Gatineau Garage, we will have to wait for the BHA convention in 2019, eh!

Our driver Carl was very collaborative and (positive) comments should be sent to the STO. It was good meeting everybody. Thanks for your support and don't be shy to send photos my way!

Bob Lacombe and I are looking forward to carpooling in September to CTHF activities in New Brunswick!

• Like 2

Thanks to everybody who showed up for the STO 9131 fan trip. It was a great day, despite the fact that 7901 was not available. At least we were able to see it, along with the new electronic destination sign at the STO garage. The STO Rapibus corridor was also very impressive for those people from out of town who had not seen it yet. 

Here are the group photos from the charter.

CTHF STO 9131  Group Photo -- 08JUL17.jpg

CTHF STO 9131  Group Photo --- 08JUL17.jpg

Here is the flyer for the next CTHF fan trip. The "Weekend in New Brunswick" will be held on Saturday, September 16 and Sunday, September 17.

The E-store on the CTHF website should be available for PayPal payment in the next few days.

CTHF NB Weekend 2017 Flyer.pdf

• Like 2

The CTHF had a good charter in Saint John today. We were able to ride an LFS articulated on one of the Comex route and then switched to an MCI Classic for the rest of the fan trip. A small crowd attended but everybody had a good time. On Sunday, we will be chartering an RTS from Codiac Transpo of Moncton.

IMG_0196.jpg

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Seashore_518203 said:

The CTHF had a good charter in Saint John today. We were able to ride an LFS articulated on one of the Comex route and then switched to an MCI Classic for the rest of the fan trip. A small crowd attended but everybody had a good time. On Sunday, we will be chartering an RTS from Codiac Transpo of Moncton.

IMG_0196.jpg

I've got a limo that's 40ft long, I've got a chauffeur who won't steer me wrong! communing is better than it ever was, I'm taking it easy when I take the bus! - Saint John Transit Song

Thank You to the CTHF and Kevin for the well planned charter. Staff at both St-John Transit and Codiac Transpo were very nice.

12 minutes ago, MTL66 said:

Thank You to the CTHF and Kevin for the well planned charter. Staff at both St-John Transit and Codiac Transpo were very nice.

Do you have any photos from the Codiac Transpo charter also?

There are plenty of photos on facebook. If you want photos, you should of attended the charter. The charter was this past weekend, I have 321 photos total from the trip, its going to take me a couple of months to go therough them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, MTL66 said:

There are plenty of photos on facebook. If you want photos, you should of attended the charter. The charter was this past weekend, I have 321 photos total from the trip, its going to take me a couple of months to go therough them

Where on facebook can I find them?

I didn't want photos and I don't attend charters, I just like to look at the photos you share to us.

I was just asking that's all.

Thanks Kevin for your hard work in hosting these great events. Could you please also post the Codiac group picture? We sure enjoyed eating our way through the Maritimes!

• Haha 2

By the way, the tentative date for the next CTHF event is Saturday, June 2, 2018 in Saskatoon. The CTHF will be chartering a Classic from Saskatoon Transit. Preferably, one of the ST originals will be requested but if not possible, then one of the ex-Calgary units will be requested. This will be the 7th different province that we have operated a fan trip in. Further details will be released in the future.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

By the way, the tentative date for the next CTHF event is Saturday, June 2, 2018 in Saskatoon. The CTHF will be chartering a Classic from Saskatoon Transit. Preferably, one of the ST originals will be requested but if not possible, then one of the ex-Calgary units will be requested. This will be the 7th different province that we have operated a fan trip in. Further details will be released in the future.

Will try to be there! But no flying this time, take VIA to Toronto and then probably drive the rest.