Sign in to follow this  
Seashore_518203

CTHF 2017 Fan Trips

The Canadian Transit Heritage Foundation is planning some fan trips for the year 2017. At both of these fan trips, the CTHF will be selling the new 2017 edition of "The Street Side Guide" which should be ready by early June.

Saturday, July 8 - In conjunction with the Canada 150 celebrations in the Nation's Capital the weekend before, the CTHF will charter STO 7901 (GMC New Look) for a five hour trip.

Fall Weekend in New Brunswick:

Saturday, September 16 - The CTHF will be chartering a Classic from Saint John Transit for a five hour charter.

Sunday, September 17 - The CTHF will be chartering an RTS from Codiac Transpo in Moncton, NB.

The high floor bus is definitely becoming rare in Canada and these two events will allow CTHF members to visit 2 additional provinces. Our previous 4 events have been held in 4 different provinces (ON, NS, AB, MB).

Watch the CTHF website and our publication "The Bulletin" in the future for more details. We look forward to seeing you at one or both of these events.

• Like 4

Any hotel recommendations that would be close to the STO charter start point?

7901-sto-mt.jpg

7901-sto-mt.thumb.jpg.9ba4c163fe7a3a5f0c593beabbcee9a6.jpg

7 hours ago, 21c123 said:

7901-sto-mt.jpg

....Which has not been announced yet ...

16 hours ago, 21c123 said:

While the details have still not been worked out, it is expected that the start point will be Terrasses de la Chaudière in Gatineau. There is a Crowne Plaza hotel right beside this location. However, the CTHF will not be announcing recommended hotels or getting group rates. Even if you were to get a hotel in downtown Ottawa, OC Transpo route 8 services Terrasses and it would be only a short ride.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

While the details have still not been worked out, it is expected that the start point will be Terrasses de la Chaudière in Gatineau. There is a Crowne Plaza hotel right beside this location. However, the CTHF will not be announcing recommended hotels or getting group rates. Even if you were to get a hotel in downtown Ottawa, OC Transpo route 8 services Terrasses and it would be only a short ride.

The STO also operate routes 21 (which may be cancelled by then), 33 (on nearby Eddy Street), 37, 39, 55, 59, and 400, which all connect Wellington Street in Ottawa with Terrasses de la Chaudière.  Of course, this assumes that the STO labour dispute will be over by July.

6 hours ago, TheAverageJoe said:

Guess I workout on a car pool from Saint John to Moncton would be in the cards?

looks like a 530Pm trip from Saint John to Moncton on Maritime Bus

6 hours ago, TheAverageJoe said:

looks like a 530Pm trip from Saint John to Moncton on Maritime Bus

I will most likely be driving there, so if you want to car pool from montreal.

12 hours ago, TheMaritimeMan said:

How does one attend one of these charters? Is there anything to purchase or sign up for?

More than likely you have to be a CTHF member and pay the fee required for each charter. 

8 hours ago, Oc4526 said:

More than likely you have to be a CTHF member and pay the fee required for each charter. 

Non members are welcome at CTHF events. There will be a slight surcharge in the ticket price for non-members so it is worthwhile joining. We will eventually get details up on the website and they will be announced on this thread when they are available.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, MTL66 said:

I will not be using vacation so I will be flying Friday night to Saint John and back from Moncton on Sunday to Toronto, I would only need a ride from Saint John to Moncton 

9 hours ago, TheAverageJoe said:

I will not be using vacation so I will be flying Friday night to Saint John and back from Moncton on Sunday to Toronto, I would only need a ride from Saint John to Moncton 

I had already a plan to do a road trip through the maratimes in the fall, so I will have a car during the trip (providing I get the vacation time). My other plan was to fly to New Brunswick, rent a car there and do my maratime road trip wih the car then fly back to monreal. nothing is planned yet

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MTL66 said:

I had already a plan to do a road trip through the maratimes in the fall, so I will have a car during the trip (providing I get the vacation time). My other plan was to fly to New Brunswick, rent a car there and do my maratime road trip wih the car then fly back to monreal. nothing is planned yet

I will let you know

I'm interested in the New Brunswick fan trip, but I'll have to see if I have enough vacation time. I used up most of this year's in January.

On 2017-02-23 at 4:09 PM, Seashore_518203 said:

Saturday, July 8 - In conjunction with the Canada 150 celebrations in the Nation's Capital the weekend before, the CTHF will charter STO 7901 (GMC New Look) for a five hour trip.

Watch the CTHF website and our publication "The Bulletin" in the future for more details. We look forward to seeing you at one or both of these events.

Just came across this event, and i'm interested in attending the event. Would you know by any chance when the start and end time would be? 

7 hours ago, ilikebuses said:

Just came across this event, and i'm interested in attending the event. Would you know by any chance when the start and end time would be? 

We hope to have a flyer for the event out within the next week. The times will probably be 11 AM to 4 PM.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

We hope to have a flyer for the event out within the next week. The times will probably be 11 AM to 4 PM.

Alright, Thanks for letting me know. I was hoping it to start later so I can catch the first VIA train from Toronto and not have to spend a night in Ottawa59044305911d8_ScreenShot2017-04-29at12_38_21AM.thumb.png.7a90695aff37254419ce7d672f17a622.png

59044305911d8_ScreenShot2017-04-29at12_38_21AM.thumb.png.7a90695aff37254419ce7d672f17a622.png

18 hours ago, ilikebuses said:

Alright, Thanks for letting me know. I was hoping it to start later so I can catch the first VIA train from Toronto and not have to spend a night in Ottawa.

To be honest, any later and you would have to stay the Saturday night in Ottawa anyway, as the last VIA departure from Ottawa to Toronto is at 6:17pm.

I will be attending the 7901 charter! Already sent my pay pal payment and waiver, looking forward to the charter!

I won't be able to attend the 7901 Charter, So far I am good for the Fall events in New Brunswick!

On 2/27/2017 at 10:29 PM, MTL66 said:

I will not be going since im off to SoCal in November