Blue Bus Fan

2018 60' Articulated Bus Order

53 minutes ago, FlyingPig said:

Isn't it 18206-18252? Now that there is a 18200?

14 minutes ago, 8010 said:

No.

If there wasn't an 18200, then it would be 18208-18254.

17 minutes ago, popillil said:

If there wasn't an 18200, then it would be 18208-18254.

I wonder if they will renumber 18200 to 18254 like how 2200 was renumbered 2289 🤔

• Like 2

Just now, Phillip said:

I wonder if they will renumber 18200 to 18254 like how 2200 was renumbered 2289 🤔

I heard 18400 is in Quebec, too. Either two errors or (more likely) intentional.

3 hours ago, buizelbus said:

I heard 18400 is in Quebec, too. Either two errors or (more likely) intentional.

Has to be intentional since CMBC has been ending bus numbers with -00 since 2004 (Ford shuttle S100, later followed by GMCs S200 and S300; 1100, 1200 and 1300 to tcomm) as long as they aren't following the legacy VanRTS numbering scheme.

35 minutes ago, Citaro said:

I’m curious about the blue patch beneath the driver’s window, but the new headlights look cool.

The blue patch might just be part of that plastic that they put on the bus for delivery.

I love the new headlights. They look really slick.

5 minutes ago, Thomasw said:

The blue patch might just be part of that plastic that they put on the bus for delivery.

I love the new headlights. They look really slick.

Im guessing 11 of these are going to btc, (11 d60lf’s remaining), the rest spread elsewhere?

8 minutes ago, cleowin said:

Im guessing 11 of these are going to btc, (11 d60lf’s remaining), the rest spread elsewhere?

Assuming the RapidBus livery is meant primarily for the b-lines, they might put more of these at BTC and move some of the 15000/16200s to other TCs to replace the other D60LFs

1 hour ago, dre said:

20181115_115453[1].jpg

Looks like they decided where to use each shade of green... Light on top, dark on bottom. 18001-18063 confirmed then? That supposed unit 1809x is a mystery then

What I'm wondering is how soon the D(E)60LFR's and the other XDE60's are going to be repainted. If they do this rebranding they'd better do it right and not have half the buses in the old colours for another 8 years. I also hope we don't end up seeing these booked out on non-B-Lines, as that would entirely defeat the point. The point with branding is to be consistent and not allow for a huge ugly lag.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Large Cat said:

What I'm wondering is how soon the D(E)60LFR's and the other XDE60's are going to be repainted. If they do this rebranding they'd better do it right and not have half the buses in the old colours for another 8 years. I also hope we don't end up seeing these booked out on non-B-Lines, as that would entirely defeat the point. The point with branding is to be consistent and not allow for a huge ugly lag.

Just look at what they are doing today in terms of booking with D60LF's with the same branding and these 18000's buses will booked no differently I am almost sure. The D60LF's were booked in today's manner well before the arrival of the 2007 D60LFR's. 18000's branding is the same is the B-Line branding in terms of the intent of branding. Just refer to the D60LF's in how they book them and repainted them should give a pretty well logically backed answer. I could be wrong but i doubt it.

• Like 1

I really, really hope that this livery looks better in person. What a horrible modification to such an attractive scheme. I thought we were so close to finally having all the buses just look the same. Now we can have specialized livery for non-specialized routes again. Yay!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2