Blue Bus Fan

2018 60' Articulated Bus Order

5 hours ago, briguychau said:

Saw B18007 and B18010 (I think) at HTC. I may be wrong, but they look like they're wrapped in almost all black with some yellow text, which doesn't match the 5 designs they showed off in the video. Looks like it may be an ad wrap and not an art wrap? If my eyes didn't deceive me this kind of explains how they might cover the 33 green buses that aren't going to be art wrapped.

Can confirm it's some sort of ad-wrap.

It's got some historical background as no buses have ever had their front covered by an ad-wrap since the early 2000s.

2 hours ago, FlyingPig said:

18007 and 18010 are in service.

They are on morning 95 and 99 blocks if anyone wants to get pictures.

They're not wrapped for the CAG, rather these are adwraps... Both for Park George.

The first of which to feature a true wrap, covering the face of the bus, since the early 2000s.

5 hours ago, Express691 said:

They're not wrapped for the CAG, rather these are adwraps... Both for Park George.

The first of which to feature a true wrap, covering the face of the bus, since the early 2000s.

Um... a Surrey development wrapped on a Burnaby bus?

Why not wrap S150XX?

Sometimes, albeit rarely, Metro Vancouver residents are known to cross municipal lines. 

• Haha 7

I guess it's safe to say that all BTC's D60LF's are gone since they got about 14 new XDE60'S in service and they transferred a few D60LFRs to PCTC. 

2 hours ago, Phillip said:

I guess it's safe to say that all BTC's D60LF's are gone since they got about 14 new XDE60'S in service and they transferred a few D60LFRs to PCTC. 

18009 and 18012 are not in service yet, so that's 12.

8080 is still at BTC.

I have some information about 18008 to add to the Wiki. It features “How Far Do You Travel Art by Anna Torma. It’s plate number is ND 7999. Here is it’s picture, taken on an IPhone 5S. If someone could Check it to see if it is acceptable to be posted on the Wiki, that would be great! 59A77573-6899-4342-87D2-01D489B5572C.thumb.jpeg.fb5ef39362564673d5f6b2e14f789547.jpeg 

3 minutes ago, Urban_Monkey Transit said:

I have some information about 18008 to add to the Wiki. It features “How Far Do You Travel Art by Anna Torma. It’s plate number is ND 7999. Here is it’s picture, taken on an IPhone 5S. If someone could Check it to see if it is acceptable to be posted on the Wiki, that would be great! 59A77573-6899-4342-87D2-01D489B5572C.thumb.jpeg.fb5ef39362564673d5f6b2e14f789547.jpeg 

Photos should show two brightly lit sides of the bus

1 hour ago, Urban_Monkey Transit said:

Doesn't meet CPTDB photography standards, as that would require you showing two brightly lit sides of the bus clearly.

1 hour ago, buizelbus said:

Doesn't meet CPTDB photography standards, as that would require you showing two brightly lit sides of the bus clearly.

bus stop sign is in the way as well. In addition to what BuizelBus said, it needs to be framed properly.

13 hours ago, Express691 said:

bus stop sign is in the way as well. In addition to what BuizelBus said, it needs to be framed properly.

14 hours ago, buizelbus said:

15 hours ago, Imgursdownvote4love said:

Photos should show two brightly lit sides of the bus

I have a couple other photos, but they probably don't meet standards. Checked the Wiki and saw the plate number,  but not the name of the artist, yet. I would gladly help with the other XDE60s at times I am not busy. I also have plates of at least one Halifax Transit bus. 

4 hours ago, Urban_Monkey Transit said:

I have a couple other photos, but they probably don't meet standards. Checked the Wiki and saw the plate number,  but not the name of the artist, yet. I would gladly help with the other XDE60s at times I am not busy. I also have plates of at least one Halifax Transit bus. 

DM the plates to me, I'll add them

Some of those buses are wrapped that hides the bus number. I saw an 18000 pull into UBC this morning and I couldn't see the number because it was completely covered in wrap on the side and front.

• Like 1