2018 60' Articulated Bus Order

Blue Bus Fan

4 hours ago, Dane said:

I really, really hope that this livery looks better in person. What a horrible modification to such an attractive scheme. I thought we were so close to finally having all the buses just look the same. Now we can have specialized livery for non-specialized routes again. Yay!

It... doesn't. 

50 minutes ago, Citaro said:

This is getting more bizarre as time goes on... are they seriously going to wrap all of these green and blue buses in the traditional LFR-Sweep scheme until next year?

Time, money and labor to temporary wrap all these new buses???

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Why not just keep the livery the way it is and just put the RapidBus branding on later next year before the new B-Line (or RapidBus) routes go into service? I'm pretty sure none of the new buses say RapidBus on the sides like 12024 did when it was sitting at BTC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 8010 said:

Why not just keep the livery the way it is and just put the RapidBus branding on later next year before the new B-Line (or RapidBus) routes go into service? I'm pretty sure none of the new buses say RapidBus on the sides like 12024 did when it was sitting at BTC.

It was mentioned on Reddit that the RapidBus text is covered up in blue tape...

https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/comments/9yvbns/going_green_new_bus_paint_job/

I now wonder if R12024 is also similarly wrapped in the current scheme as a temporary measure....

All in all, this is turning out to be a true waste of resources...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/comments/9yvbns/going_green_new_bus_paint_job/

I now wonder if R12024 is also similarly wrapped in the current scheme as a temporary measure....

I think we all need to get the media involved in on this & make sure they understand how much money is just being wasted!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dover5949 said:
9 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

I think we all need to get the media involved in on this & make sure they understand how much money is just being wasted!

There are a few comments in that link that really like the RapidBus branding. I find the new branding name to be very uninspired, and instead on enhancing the established B-Line branding, they're throwing it completely out of the window.

I'm still irked by the green livery that TransLink picked for the new branding. It's a radically different choice of colors from the rest of the fleet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Firebrand said:

I'm still irked by the green livery that TransLink picked for the new branding. It's a radically different choice of colors from the rest of the fleet.

Well there's the Canada Line... Looks different from the rest of SkyTrain with the same colors as well.

Also, I don't think B-Line is going anywhere. It'll be used to refer to RapidBus routes, by the looks of it, while RapidBus will be the name for what is currently known as the "B-Line Network."

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Community Shuttle said:

Well there's the Canada Line... Looks different from the rest of SkyTrain with the same colors as well.

Also, I don't think B-Line is going anywhere. It'll be used to refer to RapidBus routes, by the looks of it, while RapidBus will be the name for what is currently known as the "B-Line Network."

B-Line is probably going to be eliminated. The new scheme, as I've heard is "A-Line, B-Line, C-Line" for the routes, like Seattle's.

I really wish they used orange instead of green. It's already used as the colour for the B-lines anyways, so it would still be recognizable. Plus it looks cool, and it stands out. 

And that "RapidBus" sounds so unimaginative and generic it sounds like it came straight out of downtown boringsville. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Community Shuttle said:

I'm pretty sure the reason the Canada Line looks different from the rest of the SkyTrain network is because ProTrans wanted their logo colors as the livery before TransLink takes over operations of the line in 2044.

As for the whole B-Line rebranding, I'm all for a fresh new look if it's going to be reintroduced as "RapidBus" with more features compared to today's B-Line, but make the livery look nice. I guess we're going back to pre-Canada Line and having green B-Line routes on the maps again.

Also, did any of the new XDE60s make it to BTC yet?

A little more about that colour green and our new buses (from the Buzzer blog)

For the record, my concerns are two:

1. the increased spare ratio that will be needed to keep the RapidBus and local fleets separate, or the dilution of branding that will come from covering off one with the other
  2. forfeiting the brand equity that the "B-Line" brand has

I have no problem with the green livery in and of itself.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, GORDOOM said:

A little more about that colour green and our new buses (from the Buzzer blog)

For the record, my concerns are two:

1. the increased spare ratio that will be needed to keep the RapidBus and local fleets separate, or the dilution of branding that will come from covering off one with the other
  2. forfeiting the brand equity that the "B-Line" brand has

I have no problem with the green livery in and of itself.

Why aren't they using an Orange livery?