2018 60' Articulated Bus Order

Blue Bus Fan

33 minutes ago, P8093 said:

All D60LF are going to be retired ?

The D60LFs are being held together by spit and chewing gum at this point. The boys at FOH have done a good job keeping them running safely this long, but they've been around for 18-20 years and they've been used for base service on busy routes with very heavy loads for most of that time.

4 hours ago, GORDOOM said:

The D60LFs are being held together by spit and chewing gum at this point. The boys at FOH have done a good job keeping them running safely this long, but they've been around for 18-20 years and they've been used for base service on busy routes with very heavy loads for most of that time.

These buses sound are better than XDE60

XDE60 is hybrid and not that nice

6 hours ago, P8093 said:

All D60LF are going to be retired ?

I do not think so as there are still 60 D60LFs in service most of which are running perfectly fine. There will one l'y be 63 new XDE60 and that would mean a one for one replacement with the D60LFs and I highly doubt Translink would do that. With all the service expansions going on these busses will mostly be for expansion and they may also replace older D60LFs as they severely break down or as their maintenance cost go to high. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thomasw said:

I do not think so as there are still 60 D60LFs in service most of which are running perfectly fine. There will one l'y be 63 new XDE60 and that would mean a one for one replacement with the D60LFs and I highly doubt Translink would do that. With all the service expansions going on these busses will mostly be for expansion and they may also replace older D60LFs as they severely break down or as their maintenance cost go to high. 

If you read the June BOG meeting report carefully, they mention 191 replacement buses, 105 expansion buses. Now, adding up the numbers, the 63 Articulated Buses are pegged as expansion order, so while some will be retired, I dont think they'll all be retired.

10 hours ago, cleowin said:

If you read the June BOG meeting report carefully, they mention 191 replacement buses, 105 expansion buses. Now, adding up the numbers, the 63 Articulated Buses are pegged as expansion order, so while some will be retired, I dont think they'll all be retired.

It's been made clear in several posts that the 104 new Nova hybrids are the expansion buses.  And there are more artics on order than there are D60LF's remaining in service, any attempt to claim that the D60LF's will survive the coming order is an attempt to impose your fantasy on reality.

2 minutes ago, Michael Marriott said:

It's been made clear in several posts that the 104 new Nova hybrids are the expansion buses.  And there are more artics on order than there are D60LF's remaining in service, any attempt to claim that the D60LF's will survive the coming order is an attempt to impose your fantasy on reality.

Yes but they need about 60-70 more artics for b-line implementation next year, and the 63 coming isnt enough if they are used for purely replacement

On 9/8/2018 at 8:59 AM, cleowin said:

Yes but they need about 60-70 more artics for b-line implementation next year, and the 63 coming isnt enough if they are used for purely replacement

I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that an additional 58 artics will be ordered for the new B-Line's next year. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Xde60 numbers are 180's. 18101-18253 is stc/htc cng. 18301-18405(?) Are nova. 18453-1847(?) Are nova suburban. 

This is far as i know! 

Is there only 32 double deckers too? (Same post here but i can put it on whichever thread needed) i believe they are 19001-19032 or it is a new number series for them

4 hours ago, rulerduler said:

Xde60 numbers are 180's. 18101-18253 is stc/htc cng. 18301-18405(?) Are nova. 18453-1847(?) Are nova suburban. 

This is far as i know! 

Is there only 32 double deckers too? (Same post here but i can put it on whichever thread needed) i believe they are 19001-19032 or it is a new number series for them

Wrong thread for most of this...

Believe it's two orders 32+28

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Firebrand said:

??‍♂️

I guess they haven't changed their mind.

Just because a new bus is delivered in the RapidBus livery doesn’t mean TransLink didn’t change their minds. They may have done so too late for the bus to be delivered in standard Sweep-R. We’ll see if she’s got a date with the paint shop before she enters service.

10 minutes ago, Ninja Bus Fan said:

Who said they changed their minds. I'm pretty sure the rapid bus livery was a green light from the get go.  

I know that, but it's kinda pointless to change R12024 to charcoal when the newer orders are gonna have that hideous green livery anyway. I guess the livery used for that bus is just a prototype.

The new livery is basically a half-assed version of Seattle's RapidRide with Canucks colors.

Edit: maybe they did get some feedback from people's opinions about that livery, but the buses leaving from Winnipeg already got that livery during that feedback.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Firebrand said:

I know that, but it's kinda pointless to change R12024 to charcoal when the newer orders are gonna have that hideous green livery anyway. I guess the livery used for that bus is just a prototype.

The new livery is basically a half-assed version of Seattle's RapidRide with Canucks colors.

Well not every artic is going to used on a B-Line or should I say " Rapid Bus ". We still need artics in the restyle scheme for the regular artic routes. 

12 minutes ago, Firebrand said:

I know that, but it's kinda pointless to change R12024 to charcoal when the newer orders are gonna have that hideous green livery anyway.

Even more to the point, you don’t repaint a bus for a prototype livery when vinyl wraps are a thing. The fact that the bus had to be repainted afterwards suggests that the new livery was applied permanently and then the decision was made to remove it and return the bus to Sweep-R. Either this arises from a decision to use the 2012 artics exclusively on local routes like the #49 contrary to the original plan, or the RapidBus livery as applied to R12024 has been abandoned. Time will tell.

5 minutes ago, Ninja Bus Fan said:

Well not every artic is going to used on a B-Line or should I say " Rapid Bus ". We still need artics in the restyle scheme for the regular artic routes. 

But if the 2012 artics were going to be used this way, why go to the trouble of repainting R12024 in RapidBus livery, then repainting it in Sweep-R? To me, that only makes sense if it’s a change of plans: in changing the planned deployment of the 2012 artics; in keeping the RapidBus and regular artics as separate subfleets, contrary to the practice of the last decade; or in abandoning the RapidBus livery as applied to R12024.