2018 60' Articulated Bus Order

Blue Bus Fan

17 hours ago, Meraki said:

I personally like the white signs, I hope we get them.

But but but... Yellow is my favourite colour...

In more seriousness... I often hear that white LEDs are easier to see than yellow LEDs... but why is that? Is it because of the fact that most street lights we use today emit an amber glow and thus the two similarly-coloured lights are blending together if viewed from a distance? And yet... a number of cities like Vancouver and Burnaby are now moving towards white LEDs for their street lighting too... so I can't imagine this contrast problem getting any better whether we switch colours or not...?

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, buizel10 said:

This might be a bug...

ccb465ad197ae49e411a86cd5b3d2a2d.png

Its still listed as open...

And will be because those pages are not updated enough. 

When our 2015 order was confirmed, the page still said TBA. The member who used to confirm the orders is now a well reputed driver and has since moved on from posting here. As for you, I suggest checking New Flyer's website hereon out and only update when the order has been awarded.

• 3 months later...
47 minutes ago, buizel10 said:

Sorry to keep bothering you, may I have a link?

Sorry, I can't find one.  I guess you need to be invited.  I remember just stumbling across this group a while ago and just joined?

34 minutes ago, Millennium2002 said:

@buizel10 @Brando737 You folks should remove your posts and talk about it via PM. Agencies may not like that this information is being passed around so liberally.

It's a Facebook group that is for members of the public not just transportation workers.  There are people in the group that are not employed by any transit agency, some even in high school I believe.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2017 at 1:24 PM, Express691 said:

Update from board meeting today highlights July 2017 update to make the order for a grand total of 63 Hybrids.

Safety barriers are either installed or ready to install upon delivery.

63 new A/C hybrids is going to feel SO nice. But can anybody clarify--are there still diesel units included in this order, or were they all converted to hybrids?

16 minutes ago, Large Cat said:

63 new A/C hybrids is going to feel SO nice. But can anybody clarify--are there still diesel units included in this order, or were they all converted to hybrids?

Initial order for 52 diesels, converted to hybrid in July 2017, announced at the september board meeting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Express691 said:

Initial order for 52 diesels, converted to hybrid in July 2017, announced at the september board meeting.

Ah, I see. So these 52 will arrive ~August 2018, and we're still waiting to see if the options for future deliveries will be diesel or hybrid.

13 minutes ago, Large Cat said:

Ah, I see. So these 52 will arrive ~August 2018, and we're still waiting to see if the options for future deliveries will be diesel or hybrid.

Yes, which now I realized that my initial post is incorrect.

From July's board meeting:
received_1454037538005749.thumb.png.722876d821031ecd9935edebd3626d0a.png

The only incorrect listing here is the 57 diesels, now 47 CNGs and 10 Hybrids.

• 2 months later...

https://www.translink.ca/-/media/Documents/about_translink/governance_and_board/board_minutes_and_reports/2017/Dec/20171214_open_board_meeting_report.pdf

Page 8. 52 XDE60s is confirmed, but with production starting this year, it is unclear that despite these units will show build dates from December 2017-xxxx 2018, the actual model year for the entire batch is a whole.

With the ISL being phased out in 2017, these units should be getting L9 engines.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Express691 said:

https://www.translink.ca/-/media/Documents/about_translink/governance_and_board/board_minutes_and_reports/2017/Dec/20171214_open_board_meeting_report.pdf

Page 8. 52 XDE60s is confirmed, but with production starting this year, it is unclear that despite these units will show build dates from December 2017-xxxx 2018, the actual model year for the entire batch is a whole.

With the ISL being phased out in 2017, these units should be getting L9 engines.

It also somewhat confirms the split order.